WHY does everything have to circle back to religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2015, 06:57 PM
RE: WHY does everything have to circle back to religion
Earth -> only life we know -> can't be an accident -> therefore Jebus -> religion
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes 4Syntraph's post
22-04-2015, 11:32 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2015 11:39 PM by Szuchow.)
(22-04-2015 05:43 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  So today is earth day. I friend on Fb posted :
"she can't believe that people worship the earth more then god the creator. "
So how does everything even freaking earth day get circled back to religion???!!!! Sheesh

Maybe it was said for laughs? If not then it is kind of sad, trying to label everything earth day as worship.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
22-04-2015, 11:44 PM
because its insulting that out of all of the dozens and dozens religious holidays and observances from the three religions jews,christian and islam that worship the exact same god but just call him by a different name that the ENTIRE WORLD...comes to a COMPLETE FUCKING HALT!!!!

...that there should be even a single holiday that not one single person in the world actually gives a crap and 99.999999999999% of the entire world either has no idea the holiday even exists or just couldn't care any less.

That is why everything needs to circle back to religion and why earth day is insulting! Because its one day out of the year that is called by something else other than tuesday that no one cares about.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
23-04-2015, 12:06 AM
Nuh-uh!

Everything circles back to Gwyneth Paltrow. Heart

But then again, I'm insane. Thumbsup

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-04-2015, 12:17 AM
Poor coping skills?
23-04-2015, 06:09 AM
(22-04-2015 05:43 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  So today is earth day. I friend on Fb posted :
So how does everything even freaking earth day get circled back to religion???!!!! Sheesh

This is actually two questions:

Why does everything circle back to religion?

Because a lot of people think that Almighty God has his hands on literally every part of reality, so they can't stop seeing him intervening every time the weather is nice or someone gets cancer.

Why does your friend freak out that people worship the earth more than her god?

This is likely a direct result of fundamentalist insecurity. They see pretty much everything as a culture war that they are losing. Now, they ultimately feel that this is part of some grand, long-term, cosmic victory, but in the mean time, they feel they are losing and they are being persecuted. If it's one thing a fundie loves, it's to publicly, dramatically complain about all the persecution they righteously endure.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
23-04-2015, 06:15 AM
(23-04-2015 06:09 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

This is actually two questions:

Why does everything circle back to religion?

Because a lot of people think that Almighty God has his hands on literally every part of reality, so they can't stop seeing him intervening every time the weather is nice or someone gets cancer.

Why does your friend freak out that people worship the earth more than her god?

This is likely a direct result of fundamentalist insecurity. They see pretty much everything as a culture war that they are losing. Now, they ultimately feel that this is part of some grand, long-term, cosmic victory, but in the mean time, they feel they are losing and they are being persecuted. If it's one thing a fundie loves, it's to publicly, dramatically complain about all the persecution they righteously endure.

A former fundamentalist friend of mine actually complained about Thursday being named after Thor, I simply made a dismissive quip about Thor's day being cool. Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
23-04-2015, 06:28 AM
(23-04-2015 06:15 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  A former fundamentalist friend of mine actually complained about Thursday being named after Thor, I simply made a dismissive quip about Thor's day being cool. Facepalm

It's worse than that!

Sunday is named as the sun's day based on Egyptian astrology.

Monday is the moon's day.

Tuesday is Tiw's Day, based on Tîwaz, or Týr, the Norse god of war.

Wednesday is Wodnesday or day of Woden, which is a loan translation from day of Mercury.

Friday is the day of Frigg, based on the Roman goddess Venus.

Saturday is Saturn's day.

That guy needs to find better things to get pissed off about, like why fundies don't know stuff about things. That shit's annoying.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
23-04-2015, 06:49 AM
When did Earth Day become about worshiping the earth? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-04-2015, 07:11 AM
(23-04-2015 06:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  When did Earth Day become about worshiping the earth? Consider

No idea. It's not like we worship AIDS on Aids awareness day or erect altars to the non smokers on national non smoking day.

I have a 'friend' on FB whose posts are continually referring to god and god's people and how great they all are. How god is an artist because she saw a nice tree or how god's people are fab because she was happy at church. Now I'm glad she's happy but I got sick of my timeline being cluttered with it all so I un-followed her. Yay! No more gawd is great on my timeline. Now I'm happy too. Win win.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post