WL Craig sticks his foot in his mouth again

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2012, 03:59 PM
RE: WL Craig sticks his foot in his mouth again
Craig's all time asinine position is:

"If you can't prove that atheism is true, then theism must be true."

...or, "If you can't prove that god does not exist then he must exist."

No one can be this dense and hold a PhD in anything, even theology.
He's just throwing red meat to the faithful and cashing in on book sales.
It's not a bad job if you can get it.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post
13-09-2012, 04:12 PM

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Assistant Manager, Vice Detection, Whoville : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

13-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Great vid.

Craig's position that truth is "historically contingent" is masterful.
This gives him the opening to believe that pigs can fly, because on day they may.

The fact is that pigs could potentially evolve wings, so before we say that pigs cannot fly based on the evidence that they do not have wings, we must wait to see if they do evolve wings at some point in the future.

As we will never know for sure we can never say that pigs cannot fly because we could be wrong one day.

Conclusion: Pigs can fly because I believe they can.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post
13-09-2012, 05:19 PM
By "foot" you mean penis, and by "mouth" you mean Jesus' anal crevice. Right?

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
13-09-2012, 06:19 PM
(13-09-2012 04:34 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Great vid.

Craig's position that truth is "historically contingent" is masterful.
This gives him the opening to believe that pigs can fly, because on day they may.

The fact is that pigs could potentially evolve wings, so before we say that pigs cannot fly based on the evidence that they do not have wings, we must wait to see if they do evolve wings at some point in the future.

As we will never know for sure we can never say that pigs cannot fly because we could be wrong one day.

Conclusion: Pigs can fly because I believe they can.

I don't think pigs evolving wings is plausible. Just like horses..

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
13-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Yeah, pigs are too fat to fly. Maybe we could build them hoverboards at some point though.

I think WLC was born with his foot in his mouth though, and it's just never come out.

Quote:"If you can't prove that atheism is true, then theism must be true."
Argh. Every time I hear people say that sort of thing, I want to break shit. I've talked to people who really say that and don't see the problem with it, no matter how many times you point out their logic is flawed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-10-2012, 08:24 PM
(13-10-2012 08:13 PM)amyb Wrote:  Yeah, pigs are too fat to fly. Maybe we could build them hoverboards at some point though.

I think WLC was born with his foot in his mouth though, and it's just never come out.

Quote:"If you can't prove that atheism is true, then theism must be true."
Argh. Every time I hear people say that sort of thing, I want to break shit. I've talked to people who really say that and don't see the problem with it, no matter how many times you point out their logic is flawed.

So, I can't prove there has NEVER been a unicorn either- or mermaids and dragons. SWEET! Shit just got REAL!
13-10-2012, 09:07 PM
This just happened to me last week. I had to put a fundie down on the "burden of proof is on you" argument. He was actually stunned as if he had never gotten that response from his "you can't tell me how eyes evolved" etc, etc, etc....

It's fun fucking with them. I'm like a rolling one-liner to theist's claims for god.