WOW...Just...WOW...

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
21-03-2010, 03:15 PM

WOW...Just...WOW...
I was trying to find credible arguments in defense of Moses as the author of the first 5 books of the Bible, unsuccessfully, but I stumbled across this site that had this on it. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the willful ignorance.

http://ancientdays.net/earthage.htm

"This theory is commonly known as the "JEDP Theory." Many sharp minds both in Europe and the U.S. have devoted their lives developing the system and have written whole libraries of books based on speculation about it.

We consider this solution to the problem as unacceptable and would not even mention it except that community colleges, colleges, universities and even many seminaries now teach it as if it had some basis in fact, which it does not. (It is a situation parallel to evolutionary theory which is believed by "every capable scholar" but cannot be proven with scientific evidence.)"

This was in the article trying to defend Moses.
Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2010, 03:39 PM
RE: WOW...Just...WOW...
Dear god... Where is my gun? The stupidity... It's over whelming.....

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2010, 01:10 AM
*thud*

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-03-2010, 05:59 AM
Fundies say the darndest things...

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
22-03-2010, 06:44 PM
(22-03-2010 05:59 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Fundies say the darndest things...

You should look into a T.V. show...

23-03-2010, 10:47 AM

*Facepalm*

"The above chart illustrates the (supposed) Antiquity of the Earth and how it apparently changed. Between 1868 and 1968 the earth "aged" at the rate of over 40 million years per year!"
Because, you know, the fact that our understanding of the earth and our methods of determining its age became more advanced is not a possibility at all.
(21-03-2010 03:39 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Dear god... Where is my gun? The stupidity... It's over whelming.....

May I join?
23-03-2010, 03:14 PM

Remember that part in M. Night Shyamalan's thriller The Happening, where the guy kills himself by lying down in the path of a lawnmower!?

Hope my John Deere can 'cleanse' my mind of this garbage...
23-03-2010, 05:52 PM

This was my favorite part:

"*Taken from the pamphlet titled Geologic Time, by William L. Newman, U.S. Government Printing Office, 1970. Although this is not a recent publication, very little has changed that would affect it. " (emphasis is mine)

Exactly. Stupidity is perfect just as it is, and needs no innovation.
23-03-2010, 08:03 PM
(23-03-2010 05:52 PM)Platypus Man Wrote:  This was my favorite part:

"*Taken from the pamphlet titled Geologic Time, by William L. Newman, U.S. Government Printing Office, 1970. Although this is not a recent publication, very little has changed that would affect it. " (emphasis is mine)

Exactly. Stupidity is perfect just as it is, and needs no innovation.

Their unwillingness to accept to news ideas is what caused it to be published. Why create a paradox?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!