Poll: Is this a sign of progress?
Yes, it is a trend.
No, we should've used military action.
Yes, it's progress, but not indicative of a future trend.
I have no idea/Undecided
Other
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
WTAF? American Syria Situation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2013, 02:46 AM
WTAF? American Syria Situation.
Um...WTF IS GOING ON HERE? Correct me if I'm wrong...

The Democrat POTUS, who ran on getting out of wars begs to take military action against yet another country in the Middle-East.

Former Demcrat POTUS candidate, and Secretary of State sucks the POTUS knob and begs for military action. When asked what would it take to prevent an attack he sarcastically says that only them giving all of their chemical weapons up. When questioned about his statement he says it was sarcastic and that his proposal was impossible.

Congress, voted against the proposed action, actually making a decision of non-aggression.

Syria agrees to the sarcastic proposal by giving up their weapons to Russia.

The media, who rightly ridiculed the president, then took offense that Syria was giving it's weapons to Russia. They claim the move by the democrats caused us be be emasculated because WE AMERICANS didn't take the chemicals.

WTAF IS GOING ON HERE?!

The POTUS/SECSTATE acted poorly, congress acted responsibly, the media...well that's nothing new.

Is America learning it's lesson? Is the anger and emotional responses of 9/11 subsiding? Is rational thinking becoming (GASP) acceptable? Are we making progress? Is this a sign of things to come? Was it all a fluke? Lets hear it.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
13-09-2013, 02:52 AM
RE: WTAF? American Syria Situation.
(13-09-2013 02:46 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Um...WTF IS GOING ON HERE? Correct me if I'm wrong...

The Democrat POTUS, who ran on getting out of wars begs to take military action against yet another country in the Middle-East.

Former Demcrat POTUS candidate, and Secretary of State sucks the POTUS knob and begs for military action. When asked what would it take to prevent an attack he sarcastically says that only them giving all of their chemical weapons up. When questioned about his statement he says it was sarcastic and that his proposal was impossible.

Congress, voted against the proposed action, actually making a decision of non-aggression.

The media, who rightly ridiculed the president, then took offense that Syria was giving it's weapons to Russia. They claim the move by the democrats caused us be be emasculated because WE AMERICANS didn't take the chemicals.

WTAF IS GOING ON HERE?!

The POTUS/SECSTATE acted poorly, congress acted responsibly, the media...well that's nothing new.

Is America learning it's lesson? Is the anger and emotional responses of 9/11 subsiding? Is rational thinking becoming (GASP) acceptable? Are we making progress? Is this a sign of things to come? Was it all a fluke? Lets hear it.

Congress never voted one way or the other on this it was delayed due to the Russian proposal.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-09-2013, 03:07 AM
(13-09-2013 02:52 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-09-2013 02:46 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Um...WTF IS GOING ON HERE? Correct me if I'm wrong...

WTAF IS GOING ON HERE?!

Congress never voted one way or the other on this it was delayed due to the Russian proposal.

Hmmm...I thought they voted 65% to 35%? Was this just how they had planned to vote?

13-09-2013, 06:55 AM
Are the weapons really going to Russia? I thought they were going to an international group?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-09-2013, 07:11 AM
(13-09-2013 06:55 AM)Dom Wrote:  Are the weapons really going to Russia? I thought they were going to an international group?

Russia has a recently emptied spot on their shelf that should fit these weapons exactly. Heck, Syria can just stamp "RETURN TO SENDER" on the crates.

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
[+] 2 users Like I Am's post
13-09-2013, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2013 12:52 PM by I Am.)

Except that the house and senate have postponed their votes, you're not wrong.

Quote:Is America learning it's lesson? Is the anger and emotional responses of 9/11 subsiding? Is rational thinking becoming (GASP) acceptable? Are we making progress? Is this a sign of things to come? Was it all a fluke? Lets hear it.

I have an idea that I can't prove. I think that if the citizens of the US had had as much information about Iraq as we do about Syria, such as:
1. UN weapons inspectors being allowed to do their jobs and report,
2. multiple reports of ongoing diplomacy rather than sword-rattling and bravado, and
3. evidence informing us of the actual situation,
AND Congress had
1. the responsibility for deciding on military action, and
2. time to hear from constituents,
then, the Iraq war would never have happened. Afghanistan still might have.

When American citizens have accurate, timely information and a chance to weigh options and consider their responses, we tend to be much less reactionary and violent in our actions.

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post
13-09-2013, 07:33 AM
What the fuck was the invasion of and occupation of (still) of Afghanistan?

The US did business with the Taliban right up until 9-11.
13-09-2013, 07:34 AM
You could look at it as, the president has managed to strike up a deal that takes away Syria's chemical weapons, leaves US troops out of the fighting, and leaves Syrian rebels to keep fighting their own fight.

I don't know if it was intentional to play congress or not, but I think the overall effect is beneficial for everyone.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
13-09-2013, 07:45 AM

Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
13-09-2013, 08:07 AM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2013 08:11 AM by ridethespiral.)
What Rev said, Putin's proposal put the vote on hold in the house (I believe it had already passed in the senate)....Maybe you where seeing projections?

I think Obama didn't want to look 'weak on terror' and decided to let congress take the blame for not intervening knowing full well that his proposal wouldn't pass (if he really wanted to blow some shit up he would have just blown some shit up)....Then when Russia stepped in it presented a better exit door for him to take and he no longer had to risk the vote (that he never had to abide by anyway?).

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user