Poll: Is this a sign of progress?
Yes, it is a trend.
No, we should've used military action.
Yes, it's progress, but not indicative of a future trend.
I have no idea/Undecided
Other
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
WTAF? American Syria Situation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2013, 08:46 AM
RE: WTAF? American Syria Situation.
We, the sheep, pause from our grazing and look in amusement at the odd way the shepherds are bickering.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
13-09-2013, 10:53 AM
I have a serious question, and am genuinely hoping to get some insight. It was explained years ago that the US had no choice but to figure out how to destabilize Syria, and it was known well in advance how events would unfold. I've never heard anybody dispute the logic and the facts behind this. So, when events unfold EXACTLY as predicted, why are people still so puzzled and saying WTF?!

Here's just one of many Petrodollar-heads who were able to predict what would happen over a year ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP7L8bw5QF4

It provides a historical background, explains the motivations, and states: “Military intervention in Syria and Iran isn't being considered. It's a fore-drawn conclusion... US is actively working to create the context which gives them the diplomatic cover to do what they already had planned.”

The 'in a nutshell' recap is that, because oil can only be sold in dollars, the whole world must go through the US to get it's oil. Germany has to give the US cars and hard goods, and in exchange they get pieces of paper from the Federal Reserve, that cost the US nothing to print, which they use to buy the oil they need. The US's biggest export is dollars. And the oil producing countries that end up with all these dollars are required by treaty to use them to buy US treasuries, allowing the US to spend twice as much as takes in and borrow for very low rates. Every economist from every side of the political spectrum agrees that this gives the US a huge advantage, and that the US would suffer if it lost it.

Now as far as the historical facts... Ever since the US adopted the current monetary policy in 1971, the US has, without one exception ever, attacked every single country that has tried to sell in non-US dollars and break that monopoly. It happens like clockwork. Iraq, Libya, Venezuala, Iran, etc. So every time an oil-producing country starts selling oil in non-US dollars, the “Petrodollar followers” have, with 100% accuracy, predicted that a military intervention will follow, either as an invasion or a blockade. And we sit and watch events all play out according to script. This situation is no different. In March, 2006 Iran started selling oil in other currencies. Within 60 days the US started a blockade of Iran's oil shipments under the auspices that it was to prevent Iran from building nuclear weapons and needed to be taken out miltarily. But it wasn't able to get popular support for a military strike because the country was so war-weary after the Iraq war, which also was triggered by Saddam's selling oil in Euros. But the blockade is a temporary and imperfect measure, because Iran has been able to secretly sell some amounts of oil through the back door, such as recent sales to India in rupees. So, ever since the US has been desperately looking for a way to sell the public on a war with Iran. The propaganda has been non-stop, and even outrageous, like claiming Iran's Quds special forces hired a Texas used car salesman to assisinate a diplomat in Washington. Makes you laugh when you remember that when a massively defended US military base was attacked and detainees were extracted from a high security area in the middle of the base, the US said that only Iran's Quds could have carried it out because they're one of the most sophisticated special ops forces in the world. BUT... when it comes to shooting some unprotected guy in a restaurant, that's too challenging and they have to go to get a used car salesman to do it. Right. Anyway, wikileaks leaked documents back in 2011 from a US military strategy planning explaining that although there was no active rebellion in Syria at that time, the US would start forming a Syrian rebellion to start a civil war, which would then provide the US cover to intervene. And this would get the war with Iran since Iran has signed a mutual defense treaty with Syria and must defend Syria if the US attacks. And remember the last tragedy when chemical weapons were used the US immediately condemned Iran, and subsequent leaks proved that the US actually provided the weapons, knowing when and how they would be used, and was creating a smoke screen.

None of these facts have ever been disputed. We've been talking about this for years. As soon as there was unrest in Syria we knew the US was involved and that this would spiral into a “crisis” to try to get the American public to go along with an attack on Syria, and thus a war on Iran. It all plays out exactly like we predicted it would. And nobody ever says “you guys were wrong”, they just “gosh, who could have seen this one coming”. <bang head on wall>

So my question is “Why are you surprised by the events in Syria?” Is it that you don't believe the explanation that the US has no choice but to attack since there's the risk of an economic collapse if the does nothing and allows oil to be traded in other currencies? If so, why don't you believe it? Is there anything that doesn't make perfect sense and isn't backed up by the historical record? Or is it simply that it all sounds too sinister to accept this, ignorance is bliss, so it's easier to be surprised by these events? In scientific communities, when you have an explanation, like the Petrodollar, that can predict the outcome of complex interactions with 100% accuracy and is reasonable and can be explained in models, usually that explanation is widely accepted. Why doesn't this apply to politics also?

And here's a safe prediction: Even though 80% of the American public is against military intervention, and even though Syria has agreed to give up it's WMD's, the US will continue pushing for a military intervention against Iran or its allies in the defense treaty, and within a few years, the US will find a way to sell the American public and launch a military attack. And when that happens, people will say "gosh, who could have seen this one coming!"
[+] 1 user Likes frankksj's post
13-09-2013, 12:43 PM
I am really surprised that two of you have proposed that Obama wasn't beating the war drum! Seemed pretty clear to me, that's exactly what he wanted....ok sorry not war, just 'small precision military strikes'. Yeah. Frankly, to me, that sounds just as far fetched as some of I&I's bullshit. Sorry, but it does. No offense intended.

13-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Wait wait wait, back the truck up here for a second.
Let me get something straight (I'm not following this situation at all).

The US was all like "da fuck you do Syria wid the chemical weapons and stuff"
[Image: jackie+chan+my+brain+is+full+of+fuck+mem...ol+wtf.jpg]

And so Syria was all like "problem US?"
[Image: Troll-Face-4efef98405000.png]

And so US was all like "give up the weapons or we'll invade"
[Image: seriously+meme.png]

And so Syria was all like "okay.."
[Image: okay-guy-meme.jpg]

And the US was all like "excellent"
[Image: neutral-feel-like-a-sir-clean-l.png]

But at the same time Syria was all like:
[Image: tumblr_le9ftbUOMX1qfu4tho1_400.png]

And than Syria gave it's chemical weapons to Russia and was all like "trolololol"
[Image: tumblr_lnwltqhA7R1qzj7lm.png]

And so now the US is all like:
[Image: how-to-draw-rage-face-rage-face-step-7_1...4727_5.jpg]

All the while I&I is sitting there all like:
[Image: fap-l.png]

Is that the general gist of what is happening currently?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
13-09-2013, 12:45 PM
(13-09-2013 12:43 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I am really surprised that two of you have proposed that Obama wasn't beating the war drum! Seemed pretty clear to me, that's exactly what he wanted....ok sorry not war, just 'small precision military strikes'. Yeah. Frankly, to me, that sounds just as far fetched as some of I&I's bullshit. Sorry, but it does. No offense intended.

Who said he wasn't actually beating the war drum? He clearly was. But he did something the last Republican in charge didn't do, he went to Congress instead of abusing his power to strike. And it seems to be paying off.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
13-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Dark Light, Frank and Muffsy,

its possessive not it's (contraction) FFS!

/grammar nazi.

Carry on.
Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
13-09-2013, 01:10 PM
But...but...but....Dark Light's grammar says that the 's shows possession! Mike's car, Dave's apple, DLJ's Hooker. Why is 'it' so goddamn special? Cause it ain't a proper noun? Teech me to englesh.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
13-09-2013, 01:11 PM
(13-09-2013 12:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wait wait wait, back the truck up here for a second.
Let me get something straight (I'm not following this situation at all).

The US was all like "da fuck you do Syria wid the chemical weapons and stuff"
Yeah.

Quote:And so Syria was all like "problem US?"
More like, "Nuh uh, we didn't! Shit went down, but we cool."

Quote:And so US was all like "give up the weapons or we'll invade"
Missiles, no troops. As a punishment, not regime change. A high explosive spanking.

Quote:And so Syria was all like "okay..."
Yeah.

Quote:And the US was all like "excellent"
All except our new Secretary of State, who seems to have a boner for bombing right now.

Quote:But at the same time Syria was all like:
More like, "Whaddawedo, whaddawedo?! Hey, Russia, what's your return and exchange policy?"

Quote:And than Syria gave it's chemical weapons to Russia and was all like "trolololol"
Yeah. Seems like they're going to, anyway.

Quote:And so now the US is all like:
Seems like Kerry's feeling that way. Hard to tell. I'm pleased to be NOT murdering the citizens of a country I've heard about in the news.

Quote:All the while I&I is sitting there all like:
Couldn't speak to that. (yes)

Quote:Is that the general gist of what is happening currently?
Your international acumen is wasted here. Why aren't you an ambassador to the UN?

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
[+] 3 users Like I Am's post
13-09-2013, 01:12 PM
At muffs, yeah, kind of, except our 'proposal' was an off the cuff sarcastic remark. I don't know why we didn't try harder at diplomacy and actually make the proposal without looking like an asshole, but all's well that ends well, I suppose.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
13-09-2013, 01:57 PM
Well, we all know it isn't over until I & I cums in his own mouth.

Don't think for a minute he's not trying. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post