Poll: Is this a sign of progress?
Yes, it is a trend.
No, we should've used military action.
Yes, it's progress, but not indicative of a future trend.
I have no idea/Undecided
Other
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
WTAF? American Syria Situation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: WTAF? American Syria Situation.
(13-09-2013 01:57 PM)kim Wrote:  Well, we all know it isn't over until I & I cums in his own mouth.

Don't think for a minute he's not trying. Drinking Beverage

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand she's back!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
13-09-2013, 02:27 PM
I suppose I will have to suffer with the notion that diplomacy may not quite be one of my stronger attributes. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
13-09-2013, 02:33 PM
This whole Syria thing has probably been Obama's biggest fuck up, especially in National Security/Foreign Affairs. Very disjointed from the start and it looks as though he got caught in a promise he couldn't back out of. Public polling of a war in Syria (boots on the ground) is at 9% approval right now. I can't imagine anyone in Washington really wants to go in that badly with those numbers. It seems as thought Obama has been frantically looking for a way out of any action here first by sending it to congress and letting them take the heat and now by letting Russia take the credit for avoiding an armed conflict.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
13-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Bigger than when Obama got caught with his mic on whispering to Putin (via President Medvedev) 'Hey I want to support you, but I can't until after re-election'?

13-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:I can't imagine anyone in Washington really wants to go in that badly with those numbers. It seems as thought Obama has been frantically looking for a way out of any action here first by sending it to congress and letting them take the heat and now by letting Russia take the credit for avoiding an armed conflict.

Obama has NOT been frantically looking for a way _OUT_, that's absurd. He's OBVIOUSLY been frantically looking for a way _IN_. He's on TV constantly telling the American people how necessary this is. He and Kerry have been frantically going to all US allies begging for their support so it appears like a "coalition". When the UK voted against the invasion, Obama's words were that he was "disappointed". And then when Kerry said they could only avoid war by giving up all their chemical weapons, and Syria said 'ok', Obama is now saying it doesn't matter--he wants the war anyway. The war drums are deafening.

Have you seen the leaked docs on wikileaks? This war was planned 2 years ago, even before there WAS a Syrian uprising. The US was behind the uprising to give it an excuse for the war, since Syria and Iran have a mutual defense treaty. This isn't a conspiracy theory, because the documents were leaked a long time ago and have never been disputed.

The US very, very badly NEEDS this war, or else it will be devastating to the US economy. If you're not in the US you might not see this, but the US has been begging this war for years now. I explained this early today. Nobody's disputing any of the facts.

All that's holding Obama back is the Democrats are supposed to be "liberals" and more tolerant and anti-war. He's afraid of looking like another Bush/Cheney warmonger that just goes in and destroys another country. The Democrats would lose the next election by a landslide if the public figures out they're warmongers just like the Republicans, and a sickened public might actually turn to 3rd party candidates, breaking the US's 2 party monopoly. They CANNOT let that happen. They need the 'peace-lovers' in the US to feel like the Democrats represent their views, and vote for them, while those who love to show the world who's a super-power and blow stuff up vote Republican. If the "peace lovers" see that the Democrats are just as bloodthirsty as the Republicans, their only choice will be to vote for a 3rd party.

Obama needs to make it APPEAR like he has no choice but to go to war, and that this is a last resort. Putin obviously understands this, and Putin appears to be more clever at it. Did you read the NY Times op-Ed Putin wrote? It created a firestorm in the US. And it makes Obama look even worse than Bush if he invades Syria after they've given up all their WMD's.
[+] 1 user Likes frankksj's post
13-09-2013, 04:17 PM
The US will find a way to invade Syria to make it acceptable to the public.

Assad has said he isn't giving up chemical weapons if the US doesn't promise to not invade.

1. Syrian rebels (Alqaeda) will attack Israel with chemical weapons and the world will blame it on Assad. An invasion after this pro vacation will get support from most of the western world. (One can only hope the rebels have good aim).

2. The US will say either if this doesn't happen or after this happens " see we have no proof that Assad has given up ALL of his chemical weapons, we want weapons inspectors in....then it's Iraq all over again.
13-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Has anyone else been reading any news besides uncle SAMs magic jizz news?

WOMEN ARE IDENTIFYING THE KIDS KILLED IN YHE VIDEOS AS KIDS THAT WERE ABDUCTED BY REBELS MONTHS AGO. The rebels kidnapped a couple hundred people, mainly children, kill them with chemicals then lay their bodies out and video tape them.

Unless you believe in "magic gas" that only or mainly kills children.
13-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Most deadly chemicals affect children more. They are smaller and less developed, therefore it takes less nasty gas to kill them. Magic isn't needed. As far as your kidnapping and relocation, never heard of it. Probably because it's based on bullshit.

13-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Were Obama a republican the drum beat for war would have given you a head ache.

The old adage "politics stops at the water's edge" is no longer true.
13-09-2013, 05:04 PM
(13-09-2013 04:53 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  The old adage "politics stops at the water's edge" is no longer true.

No longer?

... this is my signature!