Poll: Is this a sign of progress?
Yes, it is a trend.
No, we should've used military action.
Yes, it's progress, but not indicative of a future trend.
I have no idea/Undecided
Other
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
WTAF? American Syria Situation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2013, 05:32 PM
RE: WTAF? American Syria Situation.
(14-09-2013 05:20 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(14-09-2013 05:04 PM)I and I Wrote:  So Iran DOES? attack other countries? Name them please.

Terrorism is more an attack on people than it is an attack on countries. Certainly the intent might be to send a political message to the targeted country, but the actual attacks happen on civilians. Here's a summary of Iranian involvement in terrorism:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_and_state_terrorism

I'm sure you will find that this page was written by Jews, or some other conspiracy bull. I just don't buy that Iran only acts peacefully.

Evidence please. Wikipedia is not evidence.

How about this statement. Iran doesn't occupy other nations with it's troops and doesn't invade other countries. Do you agree or disagree?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2013, 06:03 PM
(14-09-2013 05:32 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(14-09-2013 05:20 PM)BryanS Wrote:  Terrorism is more an attack on people than it is an attack on countries. Certainly the intent might be to send a political message to the targeted country, but the actual attacks happen on civilians. Here's a summary of Iranian involvement in terrorism:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_and_state_terrorism

I'm sure you will find that this page was written by Jews, or some other conspiracy bull. I just don't buy that Iran only acts peacefully.

Evidence please. Wikipedia is not evidence.

How about this statement. Iran doesn't occupy other nations with it's troops and doesn't invade other countries. Do you agree or disagree?

Wiki is not evidence on its own, but it is well sourced. Most of the incidents were public, notorious examples of Iranian malfeasance. One of the less deadly, though no less chilling actions, mentioned in the wiki article is the fatwa calling for the murder of Salman Rushdie over writing a book. Attacks in India, Kenya, Iraq, Germany, terrorist activities of Hamas and Hezbollah--all these trace back to Iran.
14-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Iran does not occupy other countries with it's military, fly drone strikes to kill other people in other countries, invade other countries.

Do you agree with that statement or do you disagree? The fact that you ignore that question speaks volumes.

Hezbollah is not a terrorist organization and isn't an Iranian faction, arm of, or part of Iran.

Hamas is also not an Iranian organization in any way and is not associated with anything Iran does.

Trying to blame the actions of Hamas and Hezbollah on Iran is reaching, and is dishonest.
14-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Attacks in India? When the fuck did Iran attack India?
14-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Quote:I do dispute that oil is the only reason the US dollar is a reserve currency. China doesn't need a couple trillion in US reserves just to buy oil. The biggest reason the US dollar is a reserve currency is perceived stability of the value of the US dollar relative to other currencies and the share of the world GDP that the US economy represents. Both have weakened in the past decade.

There are 84 million barrels of oil bought in the world every day, @ $102/barrel, that means the world needs to buy over 3 trillion dollars from the Federal Reserve each year. That's more than the US takes in tax revenue, and more than 20% of the US's gdp. Those pieces of paper are the US's largest export. Are you seriously saying that if the rest of the world could buy its oil in their local currencies and the US lost that business, you seriously don't think it would have an effect on the US economy, or the dollar's standing as the world's reserve currency? You think the rug could be pulled out and nothing would happen, and all those countries would continue to give the US $3 trillion worth of stuff each year in exchange for pieces of paper from the Fed? Why would they do that since, as you pointed out, the US dollar has lost its standing as the “stable currency” this past decade?

Note that I did not say that oil was the ONLY reason for the dollar's position, I only said that it is a significant reason, and I pointed out that Iran and the other major oil producing companies DO have the power to pull the rug out at any time. Whether it would lead to a total currency collapse is pure speculation. But you're fooling yourself if you think it wouldn't have any impact. Iran most definitely has the power to do the US a lot of harm.

So, serious question, you think it's entirely coincidence that EVERY time, without one single exception, that an oil producing company has started selling oil in other currencies, the US has followed it up with an attack, either a military invasion or a blockade? What is your theory for this perfect correlation if, in fact, it has nothing to do with the PetroDollar? Or is that you don't have a theory, but you don't want to accept the only one that makes sense?

Quote:leaked US documents prove this was planned a couple years ago
Quote:Leaked documents have proven no such thing.

Jeez, you REALLY bury your head deep in the sand to avoid facing the cold, hard facts: https://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/16714...rawal.html

Dated 2011, well BEFORE there was even much of a rebellion. The memo reads:

“There is still a very low level of understanding of what is actually at stake in Syria... One Air Force intel guy (US) said very carefully that there isn't much of a Free Syrian Army to train right now anyway, but all the operations being done now are being done out of 'prudence.'... the idea 'hypothetically' is to commit guerrilla attacks, assassination campaigns, try to break the back of the Alawite forces, elicit collapse from within.... They emphasized how the air campaign in Syria makes Libya look like a piece of cake. Syrian air defenses are a lot more robust and are much denser... The main base they would use is Cyprus... There still seems to be a lot of confusion over what a military intervention involving an air campaign would be designed to achieve... They dont believe air intervention would happen unless there was enough media attention on a massacre, like the Ghadafi move against Benghazi They think the US would have a high tolerance for killings as long as it doesn't reach that very public stage.... Another concern they have about an operation in Syria is whether Iran could impede operations out of Balad air force base in Iraq... The French representative was of hte opinion that Syria won't be a libya-type situation in that France would be gung-ho about going in. Not in an election year.”

Yes, the whole thing was planned in 2011, including creating the rebellion. This isn't even disputed. They were even picking the air force bases they'd use and figuring out how to sell the American public on the war.

Quote:I was refuting your claim that Iran is super duper peaceful...far from pure on its behavior.

Well, let's not forget who's responsible for that. In the 1950's Iran WAS a peaceful, democratic, liberal country. Women had equal rights, could vote and hold office even before many Western European countries. You see pictures of Tehran, and it could be NY. The first physicist to calculate the speed of light, and the first commercial laser, came from Tehran. They had a bigger automotive industry than the UK, and a space program. But, the UK had been taking all their oil, and, as any liberal democracy would, they wanted to use their natural resources for universal education, healthcare and other progressive programs. They elected a prime minister who agreed to share the oil revenue 50/50 with the UK and the US. But that wasn't enough. The US/UK wanted all of it, so they overthrew a peaceful democratic government and put in place a repressive dictator who lived an opulent lifestyle and let foreign nations plunder Iran's wealth. That was the end of the progressive programs. Is it any wonder that after 20 years of such oppression, living in poor conditions and without education, the people became very anti-American and backed an anti-West government? How would Americans have responded if the roles were reversed? I think it's a testament to Iran that the people are still as peaceful as they are. If it happened to the US I think a lot of Americans would be strapping on bombs and plotting their revenge.
16-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Anybody see today's news? The UN just released a report that the Sarin gas was fired from US-made M14 rocket launchers, which is something the Assad regime wouldn't have had, only the US-armed rebels. This seems to support Putin's claim that it was the rebels.

Now look at CNN, LATimes, NYTimes, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and every other mainstream media. In every case the UN report is on their front page. However, in every case they conveniently leave out that the attack was carried out with American supplied weapons.
16-09-2013, 01:16 PM
(16-09-2013 12:59 PM)frankksj Wrote:  Anybody see today's news? The UN just released a report that the Sarin gas was fired from US-made M14 rocket launchers, which is something the Assad regime wouldn't have had, only the US-armed rebels. This seems to support Putin's claim that it was the rebels.

Now look at CNN, LATimes, NYTimes, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and every other mainstream media. In every case the UN report is on their front page. However, in every case they conveniently leave out that the attack was carried out with American supplied weapons.

I just read the report and they made no mention of what you just claimed so what was your source?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-09-2013, 01:45 PM
(16-09-2013 01:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 12:59 PM)frankksj Wrote:  Anybody see today's news? The UN just released a report that the Sarin gas was fired from US-made M14 rocket launchers, which is something the Assad regime wouldn't have had, only the US-armed rebels. This seems to support Putin's claim that it was the rebels.

I just read the report and they made no mention of what you just claimed so what was your source?

Probably stems from the oblique reference in the report to some of the recovered munitions fragments resembling "one of the variants of the M14 artiller rocket".

This refers to a 105mm round. Absent further context or elaboration, this is all it refers to.

(it does also have photographic evidence of munitions fragments being labelled in cyrillic - but clearly that's just proof of the cover-up!)

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
16-09-2013, 02:30 PM
(16-09-2013 01:45 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 01:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I just read the report and they made no mention of what you just claimed so what was your source?

Probably stems from the oblique reference in the report to some of the recovered munitions fragments resembling "one of the variants of the M14 artiller rocket".

This refers to a 105mm round. Absent further context or elaboration, this is all it refers to.

(it does also have photographic evidence of munitions fragments being labelled in cyrillic - but clearly that's just proof of the cover-up!)

That is what I saw in the report. They actually went out of their way not to say which side may have fired the ordinances.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
16-09-2013, 02:53 PM
(16-09-2013 02:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 01:45 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Probably stems from the oblique reference in the report to some of the recovered munitions fragments resembling "one of the variants of the M14 artiller rocket".

That is what I saw in the report. They actually went out of their way not to say which side may have fired the ordinances.

For those interested here is the actual report.

http://www.un.org/disarmament/content/sl...gation.pdf