WTF Caitlyn Jenner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2017, 03:23 AM
RE: WTF Caitlyn Jenner
(29-07-2017 01:53 PM)Leerob Wrote:  So I click around and she really doesn't seem to have much in her brain. So why can we not have good representation in the media?

Oh wait, we can have good representation in the media. Just sadly Laverne Cox doesn't show up in the media as much as Caitlyn Jenner does.

(My bold)

To hell with Caitlyn Jenner...just the few minutes I've spend googling Laverne Cox has been fascinating...and her twin brother M Lamar.

Laverne Cox:

[Image: fdaua7EN.jpg]

Her Twin Brother M Lamar:

[Image: web-lamar-845x321-1460955614.jpg]

There is a movie here that must be made!

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like unsapien's post
30-07-2017, 05:03 AM
(29-07-2017 06:42 PM)skyking Wrote:  I was chastised for critisizing Caitlyn, back in the beginning. All this phony praise was heaped on her, "she's so brave, etc. "
My trans heros are real people living the difficult life, without millions of dollars and without support. I said as much and it was not welcomed.
What a train wreck!

Same here. I said something along the same lines and got a lot of grief. What puzzles me is that millions of people watch that tripe on tv.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
30-07-2017, 07:06 AM
(30-07-2017 03:23 AM)unsapien Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 01:53 PM)Leerob Wrote:  So I click around and she really doesn't seem to have much in her brain. So why can we not have good representation in the media?

Oh wait, we can have good representation in the media. Just sadly Laverne Cox doesn't show up in the media as much as Caitlyn Jenner does.

(My bold)

To hell with Caitlyn Jenner...just the few minutes I've spend googling Laverne Cox has been fascinating...and her twin brother M Lamar.

Laverne Cox:

[Image: fdaua7EN.jpg]

Her Twin Brother M Lamar:

[Image: web-lamar-845x321-1460955614.jpg]

There is a movie here that must be made!

I only stumbled over Laverne Cox when I watched Orange is the new black. And I was always wondering if they did great makeup or if she was really trans. And then there was an episode or two that were about her character's past so to say and I was like "ah ok, so great makeup then". Didn't change my few on the series or her character at all. Much much later I found out that she actually had a twin brother who played her in the show in those episodes.
Pretty cool, if you ask me. Must have a great family. Or so I hope.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
30-07-2017, 12:23 PM
The Kardashians/Jenners are on my list of top 20 people I would love to see get thrown off of the world and never heard from again.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 3 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
30-07-2017, 12:28 PM
(30-07-2017 12:23 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  The Kardashians/Jenners are on my list of top 20 people I would love to see get thrown off of the world and never heard from again.

Over the edge of the world, right? After all we live on a disk Big Grin
(I must go into full retard mode now. People are strange)

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 3 users Like Leerob's post
30-07-2017, 05:21 PM
(30-07-2017 02:36 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 06:42 PM)skyking Wrote:  I was chastised for critisizing Caitlyn, back in the beginning. All this phony praise was heaped on her, "she's so brave, etc. "
My trans heros are real people living the difficult life, without millions of dollars and without support. I said as much and it was not welcomed.
What a train wreck!

Presumably you were chastised by cisgendered people who were also fans of the show?

I thnk the publicity it provided the transgendered community was the be-all end all for some people. I just saw past it for myself.
30-07-2017, 07:08 PM
(29-07-2017 02:17 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 02:13 PM)Leerob Wrote:  No ELK because I don't watch TV; don't even own one. And I have never seen that show.

Then let me give you a protip:

Don't watch it. Ever. It is the singularity of stupidity and ignorance.

Lizard.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-07-2017, 07:08 PM
(29-07-2017 05:50 PM)Fireball Wrote:  And millions of people watch that train wreck. I don't watch but maybe 2 hours of TV a month, most of it inadvertent when walking through the room. I used to watch more, but it's gotten so bad, I can't stand it. People need a laugh track to tell them when something is funny? Rolleyes

I'm glad I missed that trainwreck. I was probably driving down a dirt road and not really giving a shit.

Good lord, expelling TV from my life ten years ago was a good thing, it seems.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
30-07-2017, 07:14 PM
(30-07-2017 07:08 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 05:50 PM)Fireball Wrote:  And millions of people watch that train wreck. I don't watch but maybe 2 hours of TV a month, most of it inadvertent when walking through the room. I used to watch more, but it's gotten so bad, I can't stand it. People need a laugh track to tell them when something is funny? Rolleyes

I'm glad I missed that trainwreck. I was probably driving down a dirt road and not really giving a shit.

Caitlyn would speak to me if I believed, but my faith is weak.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
30-07-2017, 07:24 PM
(30-07-2017 07:08 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

36+ years ago, when I got married, I didn't even own a TV set. I worked as a mechanic in those days, making pretty good money, and was going to college full time (GI Bill didn't pay for everything). Those both took a lot of my time. Then, I spotted this doll in my Modern Physics class, and thought, "Her for me!". After we got married, she had to have a TV, so her dad gave us an old B&W one that he had had stored in his attic! Laugh out load I didn't want to spring for a TV; most programming was already shit, AFAIWC. It hasn't improved in the intervening years, IMO. You can get an eyeball on those Kardashian's shenanigans while you're in line at the grocery store, in the tabloids. That's already a whole lot more than I ever wanted to know about somebody else's tiny little lives made to look "cool" or "important", in one header and picture. "I'll take vicarious fame for $10, Alex." That one, I remember from a long time ago, of course.