WTF Caitlyn Jenner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2017, 07:27 PM
RE: WTF Caitlyn Jenner
I know waaaaaaaaaaay too many TV theme songs by heart.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2017, 05:36 PM
(30-07-2017 07:24 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(30-07-2017 07:08 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm glad I missed that trainwreck. I was probably driving down a dirt road and not really giving a shit.

Good lord, expelling TV from my life ten years ago was a good thing, it seems.

36+ years ago, when I got married, I didn't even own a TV set. I worked as a mechanic in those days, making pretty good money, and was going to college full time (GI Bill didn't pay for everything). Those both took a lot of my time. Then, I spotted this doll in my Modern Physics class, and thought, "Her for me!". After we got married, she had to have a TV, so her dad gave us an old B&W one that he had had stored in his attic! Laugh out load I didn't want to spring for a TV; most programming was already shit, AFAIWC. It hasn't improved in the intervening years, IMO. You can get an eyeball on those Kardashian's shenanigans while you're in line at the grocery store, in the tabloids. That's already a whole lot more than I ever wanted to know about somebody else's tiny little lives made to look "cool" or "important", in one header and picture. "I'll take vicarious fame for $10, Alex." That one, I remember from a long time ago, of course.

Oh, I know the name. I've done my stints in grocery line, and dated a couple of gals who, while that lasted, were very happy to fill me in on the doings.

Last time I had TV, in a stint of unemployment, I found myself sucked into the reality show thing, and realized that it added nothing to me. Nothing. Zero, zip, zilch, nada. I kept it for another year to watch the football season, and then cast off the mental anchor.

Fuck TV, and fuck mass media. I've got guitars, a computer, and books, and all of them are much more enriching. Guard your gate wisely, and you'll have a healthy kingdom, right?
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
31-07-2017, 06:10 PM
I'm lucky with that fame-following stuff. My wife sees it, and just rolls her eyes like we do, Thump. But she still watches a ton of TV.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
31-07-2017, 08:44 PM
(31-07-2017 06:10 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'm lucky with that fame-following stuff. My wife sees it, and just rolls her eyes like we do, Thump. But she still watches a ton of TV.

For all we might talk shit about TV, they've got a hundred other things on us. I just got a 20-minute (humorous) lecture from mine about the evils, the evils I tell you, of a good dry Genoa salame. The fact that there was Belgian chard, tomatoes, onions, and peppers on the sammich meant nothing!

I don't know you very well, but from what I do know, I've got no doubt she's a good'un, TV and all.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
31-07-2017, 10:07 PM
(31-07-2017 08:44 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(31-07-2017 06:10 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'm lucky with that fame-following stuff. My wife sees it, and just rolls her eyes like we do, Thump. But she still watches a ton of TV.

For all we might talk shit about TV, they've got a hundred other things on us. I just got a 20-minute (humorous) lecture from mine about the evils, the evils I tell you, of a good dry Genoa salame. The fact that there was Belgian chard, tomatoes, onions, and peppers on the sammich meant nothing!

I don't know you very well, but from what I do know, I've got no doubt she's a good'un, TV and all.

I know you have a good 'un, too, from what I've seen. Big Grin They have our best interests at heart, but don't get between me and my T-Bone, woman, or you're gonna get hurt! Ima eat some baked potato (no butter!) and broccoli with it, and I have a T-Bone maybe once every 6 weeks, tops, and one serves 3 people in our house. FWIW, she likes salami and some pork thing (don't remember what it is called, it'll come to me right after I log off for the night), which I can't stand.

She's a keeper, in any event, since we've been married 36 years last February. That, or we're both the worst kind of masochists you may have ever seen. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
01-08-2017, 08:59 AM
Laverne Cox is amazing! I also like Jen Richards- she's pretty damn fantastic. And Janet Mock is also wicked fucking fabulous!

Caitlyn, nah. She's a bad rep for trans people. She's shallow, self-centered, and ignorant. And she's been rich for far too long to understand common trans issues.

But, she has helped raise awareness of trans people- for some good, and a bunch of bad.

When rumors of her first being trans were circulating the tabloids at the grocery store, I had just started my transition journey. I remember standing in line at a grocery store while two women mocked her on the mag covers and gave each other "grossed-out" looks. It was really disheartening and when I walked out of there I was on the verge of tears because they were mocking and laughing at people like me. They just didn't know it.

I just wish that she weren't so much the focus of media when it comes to transgender issues. She needs to take a damn step or ten back. And the media needs to stop fucking catering to her. Ugh! Rolleyes
[+] 5 users Like Emma's post
01-08-2017, 03:08 PM
(01-08-2017 08:59 AM)Emma Wrote:  Laverne Cox is amazing! I also like Jen Richards- she's pretty damn fantastic. And Janet Mock is also wicked fucking fabulous!

Caitlyn, nah. She's a bad rep for trans people. She's shallow, self-centered, and ignorant. And she's been rich for far too long to understand common trans issues.

But, she has helped raise awareness of trans people- for some good, and a bunch of bad.

When rumors of her first being trans were circulating the tabloids at the grocery store, I had just started my transition journey. I remember standing in line at a grocery store while two women mocked her on the mag covers and gave each other "grossed-out" looks. It was really disheartening and when I walked out of there I was on the verge of tears because they were mocking and laughing at people like me. They just didn't know it.

I just wish that she weren't so much the focus of media when it comes to transgender issues. She needs to take a damn step or ten back. And the media needs to stop fucking catering to her. Ugh! Rolleyes

Usually the worst sort of spokesperson is the self-nominated, it seems to me.
01-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Yea. I was afraid to lose brain cells so I didn't listen to a whole lot of Caitlyn Jenner. But the bit that I did hear, I was really thinking that is is such a shame that this person is what represents the trans community to the world...

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
01-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Don't know what I would do if I couldn't watch me some Columbo on Classic TV on Sundays. My dog likes his dog. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.