WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2016, 07:32 AM
WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?
All of you have probably seen what it looks like these days. It's grotesque. It's dishonest. It's the kind of thing I imagine most women would be ashamed of. I'm a bit embarrassed just by association of being a human being. Fortunately, we're probably not being watched by creature more intelligent than ourselves.

This new "Feminism" seems to be mostly comprised irrational young liberal women. Their agenda does not seem to be promoting equal rights for women. It seems to be insanity. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then please look through a few articles of one of their more popular ezines.

http://everydayfeminism.com/

It is not just a few crazies making youtube videos: though there is not shortage of that either.

It's gotten so stomach-turningly rotten that there are groups popping of which women can (and apparently do) join to show their contempt of this brand of feminism. https://www.facebook.com/WomenAgainstFeminism/

So - what the fuck, Chuck? Why did this happen, and what's your opinion?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Dark Light's post
28-02-2016, 07:37 AM
RE: WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?
Ooooohhhhh! Dark Light!

What have you done!

Nooooooooooooooo!

[+] 8 users Like DLJ's post
28-02-2016, 07:41 AM
It irks me to no end that the word "feminism" has been hijacked in this way.

It makes it almost impossible to discuss the historical, well founded struggle women had to go through to become actual citizens.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 11 users Like Dom's post
28-02-2016, 07:46 AM
(28-02-2016 07:41 AM)Dom Wrote:  It irks me to no end that the word "feminism" has been hijacked in this way.

It makes it almost impossible to discuss the historical, well founded struggle women had to go through to become actual citizens.

I couldn't agree more. Thumbsup

28-02-2016, 07:51 AM
Broad brush is broad brush. Drinking Beverage

Lets talk about invalidating real issues by pointing out a few nut jobs.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 4 users Like Heatheness's post
28-02-2016, 07:58 AM
(28-02-2016 07:51 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Broad brush is broad brush. Drinking Beverage

What "real issues" would those be? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
28-02-2016, 08:09 AM
(28-02-2016 07:58 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 07:51 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Broad brush is broad brush. Drinking Beverage

What "real issues" would those be? Consider

The equality of women in the workforce, in the home, in the law, in the courts, in reproductive rights, in healthcare... in life.

I'm more sick of people pointing at a few crazies and declaring "what the fuck has happened to the feminist movement" in order to deflect from the ongoing issues women face that are still not resolved after all these decades. It's invalidating the work that the feminist movement is still doing.

[+] 21 users Like Heatheness's post
28-02-2016, 08:20 AM
(28-02-2016 08:09 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 07:58 AM)Vosur Wrote:  What "real issues" would those be? Consider

The equality of women in the workforce, in the home, in the law, in the courts, in reproductive rights, in healthcare... in life.

I'm more sick of people pointing at a few crazies and declaring "what the fuck has happened to the feminist movement" in order to deflect from the ongoing issues women face that are still not resolved after all these decades. It's invalidating the work that the feminist movement is still doing.

Half the point I made was that there are not a few crazies. There a shitload of them. This isn't the exception to the rule anymore. It is the rule.

[+] 5 users Like Dark Light's post
28-02-2016, 08:27 AM
(28-02-2016 08:20 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 08:09 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  The equality of women in the workforce, in the home, in the law, in the courts, in reproductive rights, in healthcare... in life.

Half the point I made was that there are not a few crazies. There a shitload of them. This isn't the exception to the rule anymore. It is the rule.

Evidence please. Thx.

[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
28-02-2016, 08:33 AM
(28-02-2016 08:27 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 08:20 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Half the point I made was that there are not a few crazies. There a shitload of them. This isn't the exception to the rule anymore. It is the rule.

Evidence please. Thx.

Well, my statement was kind of ambiguous because I don't have hard data - so what do you want evidence for? The number of people who would still call themselves feminists? The impact that they are having? The percentage of women who disavow modern feminism?

"Shitload" is not a standard unit of measurement of people.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post