WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2016, 03:36 PM
RE: WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?
(28-02-2016 03:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 03:16 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  No, I said the use of the extremists to say what a group is or isn't is not beneficial. Then I used the extremist feminist, who think all sex is rape even when consensual, or, the extremists MRA types that support that rape should be legal, as an example of both extremes and neither should be taken seriously or validated in any way.

If you re-read the entire sentence you can see I put the men working for equal parenting rights in the "valid" context with women working for equal rights. There are extremists on both sides and they should not be allowed to hijack the meaning of a valid position.

We call Muslim extremists 'Muslim extremists' so let's just call these women 'feminist extremists'.

I thought we already did. Consider

add--- Or I guess some of us did. never mind. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
28-02-2016, 03:45 PM
(28-02-2016 03:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 03:16 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  No, I said the use of the extremists to say what a group is or isn't is not beneficial. Then I used the extremist feminist, who think all sex is rape even when consensual, or, the extremists MRA types that support that rape should be legal, as an example of both extremes and neither should be taken seriously or validated in any way.

If you re-read the entire sentence you can see I put the men working for equal parenting rights in the "valid" context with women working for equal rights. There are extremists on both sides and they should not be allowed to hijack the meaning of a valid position.

We call Muslim extremists 'Muslim extremists' so let's just call these women 'feminist extremists'.

I would call them extremists and leave out the word feminism, which is not a religion to most feminists... fanatics will take any movement, and twist it for their own goals, hostilities, and fears. Fanaticism? I like that better- instead of extremist..just call the crazy types fanatics...
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
28-02-2016, 03:56 PM
(28-02-2016 03:16 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 02:47 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I need to clarify something. Are you saying wanting equal parenting rights is extremism? I dont think thats what you meant, but it kind of looks like it there.

No, I said the use of the extremists to say what a group is or isn't is not beneficial. Then I used the extremist feminist, who think all sex is rape even when consensual, or, the extremists MRA types that support that rape should be legal, as an example of both extremes and neither should be taken seriously or validated in any way.

This is a false equivalence then. I'd wager anything you have RoK/Roosh v's gang in mind when you mentioned the 'we should have the right to rape crowd.' RoK not only don't identify as MRA's but absolutely reject them. And you know this, because I drilled this into your brains a while back in another thread - this is why you chose to mention these so-called pro-rape guys only as a group of MRA 'types.' No MRA has ever espoused want for the right to rape.

Just a feminist pushing the narrative at the cost of facts again.

In your example of an extremist feminist, though; I know exactly who you're talking about and they very much do identify as a feminist. They love their feminist theory and feminist literature like any great feminist should.
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
28-02-2016, 03:59 PM
(28-02-2016 03:45 PM)carol Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 03:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  We call Muslim extremists 'Muslim extremists' so let's just call these women 'feminist extremists'.

I would call them extremists and leave out the word feminism, which is not a religion to most feminists... fanatics will take any movement, and twist it for their own goals, hostilities, and fears. Fanaticism? I like that better- instead of extremist..just call the crazy types fanatics...

The problem is that their extremist saber rattling (using similar techniques as creationists use -- YouTube, social media, etc) is slowly filtering down to everyone.

A couple decades or so ago, no one cared a whit that a few crackpots claimed the earth was 8000 years old. Now, it's a thing to truly be worried about.

Some groups are better at getting shut down faster (like the men who claim they have a right to rape). But the radical feminists get a pass because they aren't seen as a threat to people who are for gender equality.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-02-2016, 04:02 PM
(28-02-2016 03:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 03:45 PM)carol Wrote:  I would call them extremists and leave out the word feminism, which is not a religion to most feminists... fanatics will take any movement, and twist it for their own goals, hostilities, and fears. Fanaticism? I like that better- instead of extremist..just call the crazy types fanatics...

The problem is that their extremist saber rattling (using similar techniques as creationists use -- YouTube, social media, etc) is slowly filtering down to everyone.

A couple decades or so ago, no one cared a whit that a few crackpots claimed the earth was 8000 years old. Now, it's a thing to truly be worried about.

Some groups are better at getting shut down faster (like the men who claim they have a right to rape). But the radical feminists get a pass because they aren't seen as a threat to people who are for gender equality.

good point, and I can accept the reasoning
28-02-2016, 04:10 PM
(28-02-2016 03:56 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  No MRA has ever espoused want for the right to rape.

How could you know that?

I guess it's just more absolutes you want to deal in like you backed away from ignoring in the past. That type of comment can't be backed up on some certain side on either way because that's the stupidity of trying to think in such rigid full blown ways. Why even bother to make such leaps in judgement?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
28-02-2016, 04:25 PM
(28-02-2016 04:10 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 03:56 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  No MRA has ever espoused want for the right to rape.

How could you know that?

I guess it's just more absolutes you want to deal in like you backed away from ignoring in the past. That type of comment can't be backed up on some certain side on either way because that's the stupidity of trying to think in such rigid full blown ways. Why even bother to make such leaps in judgement?

My saying that is the same as saying there is no god. Obviously I can't know. Would you then not bat an eye if I say there is a ring of extremist feminist 'types' who torture little boys. You can't know there isn't.

And yet her assertion that some 'type' of MRA's have espoused want for a right to rape is unfounded; absolutely a lie. Why aren't you taking an issue with this person knowingly lying in saying a set of people are pro-rape, just to push narrative? Certainly that's evil.

No. She claimed there are extremist MRA's who want the right to rape. Let's see the fucking evidence.
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
28-02-2016, 04:30 PM
(28-02-2016 07:32 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  All of you have probably seen what it looks like these days. It's grotesque. It's dishonest. It's the kind of thing I imagine most women would be ashamed of. I'm a bit embarrassed just by association of being a human being. Fortunately, we're probably not being watched by creature more intelligent than ourselves.

This new "Feminism" seems to be mostly comprised irrational young liberal women. Their agenda does not seem to be promoting equal rights for women. It seems to be insanity. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then please look through a few articles of one of their more popular ezines.

http://everydayfeminism.com/

It is not just a few crazies making youtube videos: though there is not shortage of that either.

It's gotten so stomach-turningly rotten that there are groups popping of which women can (and apparently do) join to show their contempt of this brand of feminism. https://www.facebook.com/WomenAgainstFeminism/

So - what the fuck, Chuck? Why did this happen, and what's your opinion?

Just asking to be clear.

Is this question USA related or world related?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
28-02-2016, 04:34 PM

MRA? Men's Rights Advocates? The rest of us have a different label for them. Pussies.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-02-2016, 04:38 PM
(28-02-2016 04:25 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 04:10 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How could you know that?

My saying that is the same as saying there is no god. Obviously I can't know. Would you then not bat an eye if I say there is a ring of extremist feminist 'types' who torture little boys. You can't know there isn't.

And yet her assertion that some 'type' of MRA's have espoused want for a right to rape is unfounded; absolutely a lie. Why aren't you taking an issue with this person knowingly lying in saying a set of people are pro-rape, just to push narrative? Certainly that's evil.

No. She claimed there are extremist MRA's who want the right to rape. Let's see the fucking evidence.

I don't think that's a very wisely said or substantiated claim either.

It's the type of contrast that goes nowhere but to flex off ones esteem. I don't think her claims backed up belt I think it's just pathetic argumentative ploys to respond back harder just as well.

It's like responding to Pops saying he experienced god by saying, there is no gods. Yeah, that's really gonna amount to something..

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post