WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2016, 05:29 PM
RE: WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?
(28-02-2016 05:26 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 05:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And what the fuck is MRM? Men's Rape Movement? Ground your fucking references people. Angry

Mens rights movement, of which encompasses mens rights activists.

What do you think they are? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2016, 05:46 PM
(28-02-2016 05:26 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 05:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And what the fuck is MRM? Men's Rape Movement? Ground your fucking references people. Angry

Mens rights movement, of which encompasses mens rights activists.

Cool. What rights we fighting for? The right to make $1.00 to $0.75 for the woman who dared to came out of the kitchen and do my job better than me? The right to control my own reproduction by buying a condom from a machine in a truck stop bathroom? What is our charter? Our mission statement? What rights do we need to fight for?

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-02-2016, 05:52 PM
(28-02-2016 05:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 05:26 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Mens rights movement, of which encompasses mens rights activists.

Cool. What rights we fighting for? The right to make $1.00 to $0.75 for the woman who dared to came out of the kitchen? The right to control my own body by buying a condom from a machine in a truck stop bathroom? What is our charter? Our mission statement? What rights do we need to fight for?

Do you presume me an MRA? I have no problem with it - I just don't participate in their social circles. They have a subreddit you can browse. There are a couple dedicated boards for mens rights, too.

I oppose dogma and falsehoods, thus I play the role of anti-feminist. I'm not an MRA.
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
28-02-2016, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2016 06:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(28-02-2016 05:52 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 05:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Cool. What rights we fighting for? The right to make $1.00 to $0.75 for the woman who dared to came out of the kitchen? The right to control my own body by buying a condom from a machine in a truck stop bathroom? What is our charter? Our mission statement? What rights do we need to fight for?

Do you presume me an MRA? I have no problem with it - I just don't participate in their social circles. They have a subreddit you can browse. There are a couple dedicated boards for mens rights, too.

I oppose dogma and falsehoods, thus I play the role of anti-feminist. I'm not an MRA.

I never presume shit. Do you presume to presume that I presumed you are an MRA? 'Cause Girly don't presume. .... But I do want my man rights back. What are they again?

#sigh
28-02-2016, 06:31 PM
(28-02-2016 05:52 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 05:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Cool. What rights we fighting for? The right to make $1.00 to $0.75 for the woman who dared to came out of the kitchen? The right to control my own body by buying a condom from a machine in a truck stop bathroom? What is our charter? Our mission statement? What rights do we need to fight for?

I am curious, what part of feminism is dogma and faisehood to you? Is it a specific group of feminists or any specific part of what you consider to be feminism? What do you consider feminism? Is it different to you according to culture? Do you think it is not needed any longer?
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
28-02-2016, 06:35 PM
(28-02-2016 04:30 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 07:32 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  All of you have probably seen what it looks like these days. It's grotesque. It's dishonest. It's the kind of thing I imagine most women would be ashamed of. I'm a bit embarrassed just by association of being a human being. Fortunately, we're probably not being watched by creature more intelligent than ourselves.

This new "Feminism" seems to be mostly comprised irrational young liberal women. Their agenda does not seem to be promoting equal rights for women. It seems to be insanity. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then please look through a few articles of one of their more popular ezines.

http://everydayfeminism.com/

It is not just a few crazies making youtube videos: though there is not shortage of that either.

It's gotten so stomach-turningly rotten that there are groups popping of which women can (and apparently do) join to show their contempt of this brand of feminism. https://www.facebook.com/WomenAgainstFeminism/

So - what the fuck, Chuck? Why did this happen, and what's your opinion?

Just asking to be clear.

Is this question USA related or world related?

It's definitely fueled, or at least fostered on the internet first and foremost. The most prominent of these nutjobs are from America, Canada, the UK, and Australia, as far as I've seen. I'm sure there are supporters from other corners of the world, but it seems to be Western phenomenon. I invite others to correct me as I'm not an expert and this is not my scene.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
28-02-2016, 06:43 PM
(28-02-2016 06:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I never presume shit. Do you presume to presume that I presumed you are an MRA? 'Cause Girly don't presume. .... But I do want my man rights back. What are they again?
The custody system, for one, is heavily biased in favor of women. Smartass

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
28-02-2016, 06:49 PM
(28-02-2016 06:43 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 06:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I never presume shit. Do you presume to presume that I presumed you are an MRA? 'Cause Girly don't presume. .... But I do want my man rights back. What are they again?

I do not know anything about this,and am curious ... I looked online a little to see what gender bias occurs in family courts during divorce- did not find anything worthwhile- what do you have to show me?
28-02-2016, 06:50 PM
(28-02-2016 06:43 PM)Vosur Wrote:  

How so? Most opt for joint custody.

I really do believe that whoever is in the best interest of the children should be the bar.

It shouldn't be about the father or the mother, it should be what's best for the kids. I've seen too many times the kids get stuck in a virtual tug of war between people they shouldn't have to pick between.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-02-2016, 06:54 PM
(28-02-2016 06:31 PM)carol Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 05:52 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Do you presume me an MRA? I have no problem with it - I just don't participate in their social circles. They have a subreddit you can browse. There are a couple dedicated boards for mens rights, too.

I am curious, what part of feminism is dogma and faisehood to you? Is it a specific group of feminists or any specific part of what you consider to be feminism? What do you consider feminism? Is it different to you according to culture? Do you think it is not needed any longer?

Patriarchy theory. Wage gap (as caused by sexism.) God of the gaps fallacies ("disparity thus sexism.") Childish behavior like going to mens advocacy meetings, (or any meeting that has a prominent MRA speaking at it) and screaming at them with megaphones.

I'm speaking about people, though. I oppose dogma and falsehood in people, and many (seemingly all) feminists are people that hold dogma and falsehoods.

Look at the past 4 pages here:

You have a group of people (RoK) who reject another group (MRM.) They don't identify as, and indeed oppose the MRM. They are a group that exists due to the common interest of being traditional conservatives and pick up artist; not discussing mens rights.

They are conflated. People so eager to be wrong if only it helps the narrative applaud in droves; "Gotcha! Looks like the MRM really are scum!"

That's why I despise feminism. It's a religion, plain and simple. Feminists hate facts.
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post