WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2016, 07:00 PM
RE: WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?
(28-02-2016 06:43 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 06:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I never presume shit. Do you presume to presume that I presumed you are an MRA? 'Cause Girly don't presume. .... But I do want my man rights back. What are they again?
The custody system, for one, is heavily biased in favor of women. Smartass

In the Peoples Republic of Maryland the custody system is highly biased in favor of which parent can best take care of the kid. Income is usually the determining factor. Not gender.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-02-2016, 07:08 PM
(28-02-2016 06:49 PM)carol Wrote:  I do not know anything about this,and am curious ... I looked online a little to see what gender bias occurs in family courts during divorce- did not find anything worthwhile- what do you have to show me?

(28-02-2016 06:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  How so? Most opt for joint custody.

I really do believe that whoever is in the best interest of the children should be the bar.

It shouldn't be about the father or the mother, it should be what's best for the kids. I've seen too many times the kids get stuck in a virtual tug of war between people they shouldn't have to pick between.

(28-02-2016 07:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  In the Peoples Republic of Maryland the custody system is highly biased in favor of which parent can best take care of the kid. Income is usually the determining factor. Not gender.

Is that so, GirlyMan? The cited studies in this article say otherwise: http://tomjameslaw.com/blog/what-judges-.../#fn-853-5

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
28-02-2016, 07:15 PM
(28-02-2016 06:54 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 06:31 PM)carol Wrote:  I am curious, what part of feminism is dogma and faisehood to you? Is it a specific group of feminists or any specific part of what you consider to be feminism? What do you consider feminism? Is it different to you according to culture? Do you think it is not needed any longer?

Patriarchy theory.

OK, so I am taking this a little at a time to understand... Here ia a link to wikipedia, (just for us to have a frame of reference, so we both are discussing the same concept) do you think that this biological/social review of patriarchy is historically inaccurate? If so, how? What frame of reference do you suggest instead?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriarchy
28-02-2016, 07:23 PM
(28-02-2016 07:15 PM)carol Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 06:54 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Patriarchy theory.

OK, so I am taking this a little at a time to understand... Here ia a link to wikipedia, (just for us to have a frame of reference, so we both are discussing the same concept) do you think that this biological/social review of patriarchy is historically inaccurate? If so, how? What frame of reference do you suggest instead?

^ This doesnt exist in any firstworld country.

And when it's defined as society which is to the sole benefit of man - and/ because it values men more; it's never existed anywhere.
28-02-2016, 07:32 PM
(28-02-2016 07:23 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 07:15 PM)carol Wrote:  OK, so I am taking this a little at a time to understand... Here ia a link to wikipedia, (just for us to have a frame of reference, so we both are discussing the same concept) do you think that this biological/social review of patriarchy is historically inaccurate? If so, how? What frame of reference do you suggest instead?

And when it's defined as society which is to the sole benefit of man - and/ because it values men more; it's never existed anywhere.

What I am asking is do you think that this historical/biological review is accurate, and not if it exists in our society now... I am trying to understand if the whole idea as expresed by wiki link is just unfounded in your opinion.
28-02-2016, 07:33 PM
(28-02-2016 04:42 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 04:38 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I don't think that's a very wisely said or substantiated claim either.

It's the type of contrast that goes nowhere but to flex off ones esteem. I don't think her claims backed up belt I think it's just pathetic argumentative ploys to respond back harder just as well.

It's like responding to Pops saying he experienced god by saying, there is no gods. Yeah, that's really gonna amount to something..

Kay wtf. This person outright lies about people in saying they want rape as a right and you're here saying I went overboard by stating "That never happened."

Aaaalright m8y.
Yes it is "overboard" or not how "someone in the right" would respond. Or as I would say an immature or inarticulate response.

If you think someone is outright lying, responding with an outright lie is just lazy and worse. It reflects just the manner of sadness that the person doing so apparently can't discuss things they think others are wrong about without resorting to wrong absolutes to try to respond.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-02-2016, 07:34 PM
(28-02-2016 07:32 PM)carol Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 07:23 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  ^ This doesnt exist in any firstworld country.

What I am asking is do you think that this historical/biological review is accurate, and not if it exists in our society now... I am trying to understand if the whole idea as expresed by wiki link is just unfounded in your opinion.

Yes.
28-02-2016, 07:37 PM
(28-02-2016 07:34 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 07:32 PM)carol Wrote:  What I am asking is do you think that this historical/biological review is accurate, and not if it exists in our society now... I am trying to understand if the whole idea as expresed by wiki link is just unfounded in your opinion.

Yes.

Yes, this historical/biological review is accurate...
or
yes,the whole idea as expresed by wiki link is just unfounded in your opinion...
28-02-2016, 07:54 PM
(28-02-2016 07:23 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 07:15 PM)carol Wrote:  OK, so I am taking this a little at a time to understand... Here ia a link to wikipedia, (just for us to have a frame of reference, so we both are discussing the same concept) do you think that this biological/social review of patriarchy is historically inaccurate? If so, how? What frame of reference do you suggest instead?

[+] 2 users Like carol's post
28-02-2016, 08:00 PM
Wow. I cannot wrap my head around how many people in this thread are responding to pre-conceived opinions about members instead of responding to the posts those members make. Too bad. This thread could be a third the length and contain some very interesting discussion. Instead it's filled with people having to repeatedly explain their points because of all the assumptions that are being made. No

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post