WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-02-2016, 06:07 AM
RE: WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?
(29-02-2016 05:11 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 08:20 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Feminism is not an issue in Islamic countries?

I find your intellectual dishonesty quite revolting.

You asked to clarify the feminism I was discussing. I intentionally and deliberately did not include places like Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia because that's NOT what I posted this thread about, and you know that. I am speaking to the professional victims, their flock of followers, and all who support them. I think that was pretty obvious.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[Image: has-being-called-a-racist-lost-its-political-bite.jpg]

[Image: 1A3B057500000578-2955322-image-a-9_1424081074171.jpg]

[Image: american-world1.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
29-02-2016, 06:18 AM
(28-02-2016 11:34 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 11:20 PM)I Am Wrote:  I don't know what a microagression is. I'll read up on it (after I go ahead and respond).

Literally any little action that someone finds irritating or insulting, no matter how innocuous. Asking a non-white person "where are you from?" is a commonly-used example, as is telling a person whose glasses you have just tried on "wow, your vision sucks".

As the Tumblr crowd would have it, these are evidence of an underlying personal and social flaw in the speaker that is demonstrative of their myopic, racist, sexist, ableist view on the world, and microaggressions adding up can be a serious strain on the delicate psychological makeup of oppressed individuals.

...So, basically, it's somebody a means of labeling something completely inoffensive - or, at most, very mildly irritating - as horribly -ist in order to both shame the speaker and claim bonus oppression points.

Yes. Microagressions really are a bunch of nonsense.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
29-02-2016, 06:20 AM
(29-02-2016 06:18 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 11:34 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Literally any little action that someone finds irritating or insulting, no matter how innocuous. Asking a non-white person "where are you from?" is a commonly-used example, as is telling a person whose glasses you have just tried on "wow, your vision sucks".

As the Tumblr crowd would have it, these are evidence of an underlying personal and social flaw in the speaker that is demonstrative of their myopic, racist, sexist, ableist view on the world, and microaggressions adding up can be a serious strain on the delicate psychological makeup of oppressed individuals.

...So, basically, it's somebody a means of labeling something completely inoffensive - or, at most, very mildly irritating - as horribly -ist in order to both shame the speaker and claim bonus oppression points.

Yes. Microagressions really are a bunch of nonsense.

I feel slightly offended by that Tongue

Bechased

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-02-2016, 09:05 AM
(29-02-2016 06:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 06:18 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yes. Microagressions really are a bunch of nonsense.

I feel slightly offended by that Tongue

Bechased

Ill show you a micro aggression!

Beat_stick

You know I find lately I'm spending an awful lot of time hitting you with a stick young man.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
29-02-2016, 09:11 AM
(29-02-2016 09:05 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 06:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  I feel slightly offended by that Tongue

Bechased

Ill show you a micro aggression!

Beat_stick

You know I find lately I'm spending an awful lot of time hitting you with a stick young man.

Sexy! Tongue

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
29-02-2016, 09:20 AM
There's a difference between feminism and misandry. I didn't read the whole thread, so I don't know if anyone covered this or not.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
29-02-2016, 09:20 AM
(29-02-2016 09:11 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 09:05 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Ill show you a micro aggression!

Beat_stick

Sexy! Tongue

Nothing sexier than tiny furry footed people whacking people with sticks dude!

I mean.... dont objectify my anger! Tongue (Sorry had to take into consideration what thread this was Wink )
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
29-02-2016, 10:43 AM
(29-02-2016 05:11 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 08:20 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Feminism is not an issue in Islamic countries?

... I am speaking to the professional victims, their flock of followers, and all who support them. I think that was pretty obvious.

See, I didn't get that.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
29-02-2016, 11:19 AM
(29-02-2016 10:43 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 05:11 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  ... I am speaking to the professional victims, their flock of followers, and all who support them. I think that was pretty obvious.

See, I didn't get that.

I'm not taking sides here, but just for the record, I did get that. I also thought it was obvious. just sayin.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
29-02-2016, 11:35 AM
(29-02-2016 10:43 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 05:11 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  ... I am speaking to the professional victims, their flock of followers, and all who support them. I think that was pretty obvious.

See, I didn't get that.

Then you didn't pay much attention to the link or video in the openening post.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post