WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2016, 10:46 AM
RE: WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?
(11-03-2016 10:31 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(10-03-2016 08:28 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I think a lot more of this thread is about women bashing than simply anti-angry-new-wave-feminists. Drinking Beverage

Without examples, a useless statement.
I wouldn't hold my breath. There's not much there in that pretty little head. Laughat

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2016, 10:57 AM
(11-03-2016 10:46 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-03-2016 10:31 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Without examples, a useless statement.
I wouldn't hold my breath. There's not much there in that pretty little head. Laughat

Seriously Vos?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-03-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:...I think, you know, one of the biggest problems is that often in offices it is men who control temperatures. That's just something I found anecdotally.
[Image: tumblr_lrk0pmfIkt1qemaclo1_.gif]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
11-03-2016, 11:19 AM
(11-03-2016 10:57 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Seriously Vos?
Yeah, seriously. To give you an example, she called me a misogynist because I gave her a neg rep, not because I actually said anything misogynistic. She's exactly the kind of person that Dark Light talked about in his OP. Just another SJW crybully.

11-03-2016, 11:33 AM
(11-03-2016 10:57 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-03-2016 10:46 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I wouldn't hold my breath. There's not much there in that pretty little head. Laughat

Seriously Vos?

Why not? Twice in this thread she has implied that those who contest feminism, or at the least those who do here, in this thread, are misogynists; and 'women-bashing.' (page 4 and just then on 27). She has outright labeled Vos a misogynist (on his rep page.) These are vilification tactics.
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
11-03-2016, 11:40 AM
(11-03-2016 11:19 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-03-2016 10:57 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Seriously Vos?
Yeah, seriously. To give you an example, she called me a misogynist because I gave her a neg rep, not because I actually said anything misogynistic. She's exactly the kind of person that Dark Light talked about in his OP. Just another SJW crybully.

According to what I see, you fired the first shot when you gave her -2. Drinking Beverage

Also, you rather made her point...I found your comment about her "pretty little head" to be over the top.

You seem to think you know a lot of words, you could have picked different ones to make your point.

11-03-2016, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2016 12:13 PM by Vosur.)
(11-03-2016 11:40 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Also, you rather made her point...I found your comment about her "pretty little head" to be over the top.
A misogynist, by definition, is someone who "dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women." How could you possibly suggest that that label applies to me? I've been here for years, you of all people should know that I have a great deal of respect for women in general and many women here in particular. There's you, kim, undergroundp, Vera, Dom, carol, LadyJane, Ferdinand... the list goes on. I don't pull any punches when I'm dealing with idiots, no matter their gender.

11-03-2016, 11:51 AM
(11-03-2016 11:40 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-03-2016 11:19 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Yeah, seriously. To give you an example, she called me a misogynist because I gave her a neg rep, not because I actually said anything misogynistic. She's exactly the kind of person that Dark Light talked about in his OP. Just another SJW crybully.

Also, you rather made her point...I found your comment about her "pretty little head" to be over the top.

Could be wrong, but immediately upon seeing that phrase, I reasoned that the point was to confirm the notion lol.
11-03-2016, 12:02 PM
(11-03-2016 11:48 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-03-2016 11:40 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Also, you rather made her point...I found your comment about her "pretty little head" to be over the top.
A misogynist, by definition, is someone who "dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women." How could you possibly suggest that that label applies to me? I've been here for years, you of all people should know that I have a great deal of respect for women in general and many women here in particular. There's you, kim, undergroundp, Vera, Dom, carol, LadyJane, Ferdinand... the list goes on. I don't pull any punches when I'm dealing with idiots, no matter their gender.

I love how you ignored most of what I wrote. Vos you're a smart guy but you're not always the smartest.

I shouldn't have to explain this, but she's relatively new and doesn't know you at all. She's judging you on your current behavior -- and with your comments you're just living up to the example -- instead of taking the higher road.

I've known you for years so don't play the feigned shocked routine with me. I can still care about you despite your recent behavior -- because I know you so well.

11-03-2016, 12:12 PM
(11-03-2016 12:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I love how you ignored most of what I wrote. Vos you're a smart guy but you're not always the smartest.
Most of what you wrote wasn't relevant to the point at hand, so yeah, I ignored it. You want me to address it? All right.

(11-03-2016 11:40 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  According to what I see, you fired the first shot when you gave her -2. Drinking Beverage
Giving someone negative rep does not make one a misogynist.

(11-03-2016 11:40 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  You seem to think you know a lot of words, you could have picked different ones to make your point.
Telling someone that they've got a pretty, empty little head does not make one a misogynist.

(11-03-2016 12:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I shouldn't have to explain this, but she's relatively new and doesn't know you at all. She's judging you on your current behavior -- and with your comments you're just living up to the example -- instead of taking the higher road.
What example? If you're suggesting that using a sort of gender-specific insult towards a woman makes one a misogynist, then according to that logic, I'm also a misandrist for calling a guy like The Bearded Dude a cuckold. That would mean that I despise both men and women, which is obviously an absurd notion. I'm not a misanthrope, I love people.

(11-03-2016 12:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've known you for years so don't play the feigned shocked routine with me. I can still care about you despite your recent behavior -- because I know you so well.
You sound like a mother who is chastising her son for his bad behavior. That could be fun, I suppose. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post