WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2016, 12:18 PM
RE: WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?
(11-03-2016 12:12 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You sound like a mother who is chastising her son for his bad behavior.

Well, this is hardly surprising, considering that you are acting like a bratty child.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Unbeliever's post
11-03-2016, 12:23 PM
(11-03-2016 12:18 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Well, this is hardly surprising, considering that you are acting like a bratty child.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
11-03-2016, 01:42 PM
(11-03-2016 12:12 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-03-2016 12:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I love how you ignored most of what I wrote. Vos you're a smart guy but you're not always the smartest.
Most of what you wrote wasn't relevant to the point at hand, so yeah, I ignored it. You want me to address it? All right.

(11-03-2016 11:40 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  According to what I see, you fired the first shot when you gave her -2. Drinking Beverage
Giving someone negative rep does not make one a misogynist.

(11-03-2016 11:40 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  You seem to think you know a lot of words, you could have picked different ones to make your point.
Telling someone that they've got a pretty, empty little head does not make one a misogynist.

(11-03-2016 12:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I shouldn't have to explain this, but she's relatively new and doesn't know you at all. She's judging you on your current behavior -- and with your comments you're just living up to the example -- instead of taking the higher road.
What example? If you're suggesting that using a sort of gender-specific insult towards a woman makes one a misogynist, then according to that logic, I'm also a misandrist for calling a guy like The Bearded Dude a cuckold. That would mean that I despise both men and women, which is obviously an absurd notion. I'm not a misanthrope, I love people.

(11-03-2016 12:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've known you for years so don't play the feigned shocked routine with me. I can still care about you despite your recent behavior -- because I know you so well.
You sound like a mother who is chastising her son for his bad behavior. That could be fun, I suppose. Wink

Point number 1, your neg rep of her, I was only pointing out that you fired the first shot, since she's not a troll, doesn't have negative reputation, generally well-liked going by most of her posts; so I can infer that you took offense to her on this topic. I think she called it as she saw it. As I pointed she doesn't know you. It's hard to overlook someone you don't know. I'm not in anyway saying she was correct, I am only pointing out how she could make the inference.

Going further to quote you: "Telling someone that they've got a pretty, empty little head does not make one a misogynist." I agree, it just makes you look like an asshole and you're better than that. Or you used to be.

Your second point: Calling TBD, regardless of anything, a cuckold was also over-the-line rude, she was in that thread as well...sooo again your recent actions...she's forming an opinion of you. Those of us who do know you are trying to offer deference -- but you're making it difficult. I know what a witty, generous, and kind person you can be -- so do many others.

To your third point: Don't behave like a petulant child and I won't have to rebuke you like one.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-03-2016, 02:09 PM
(11-03-2016 01:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-03-2016 12:12 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Most of what you wrote wasn't relevant to the point at hand, so yeah, I ignored it. You want me to address it? All right.

Giving someone negative rep does not make one a misogynist.

Telling someone that they've got a pretty, empty little head does not make one a misogynist.

What example? If you're suggesting that using a sort of gender-specific insult towards a woman makes one a misogynist, then according to that logic, I'm also a misandrist for calling a guy like The Bearded Dude a cuckold. That would mean that I despise both men and women, which is obviously an absurd notion. I'm not a misanthrope, I love people.

You sound like a mother who is chastising her son for his bad behavior. That could be fun, I suppose. Wink

Point number 1, your neg rep of her, I was only pointing out that you fired the first shot, since she's not a troll, doesn't have negative reputation, generally well-liked going by most of her posts; so I can infer that you took offense to her on this topic. I think she called it as she saw it. As I pointed she doesn't know you. It's hard to overlook someone you don't know. I'm not in anyway saying she was correct, I am only pointing out how she could make the inference.

Going further to quote you: "Telling someone that they've got a pretty, empty little head does not make one a misogynist." I agree, it just makes you look like an asshole and you're better than that. Or you used to be.

Your second point: Calling TBD, regardless of anything, a cuckold was also over-the-line rude, she was in that thread as well...sooo again your recent actions...she's forming an opinion of you. Those of us who do know you are trying to offer deference -- but you're making it difficult. I know what a witty, generous, and kind person you can be -- so do many others.

To your third point: Don't behave like a petulant child and I won't have to rebuke you like one.
It sounds like you concur with me that she wasn't justified in labeling me a misogynist. If she had called an asshole, I wouldn't even have said anything since she would have had a point. But to suggest that I hate women in general because I insulted her only goes to show that we're dealing with a person that is either very unintelligent or very dishonest or perhaps even both. She's exactly the kind of toxic feminist that this thread is about and I think she needs to be called out for that.

[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
11-03-2016, 03:05 PM
(11-03-2016 02:09 PM)Vosur Wrote:  It sounds like you concur with me that she wasn't justified in labeling me a misogynist.

(11-03-2016 10:46 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I wouldn't hold my breath. There's not much there in that pretty little head. Laughat

(11-03-2016 12:12 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You sound like a mother who is chastising her son for his bad behavior. That could be fun, I suppose. Wink

Both of these are distinctly, purposefully gendered insults. Heatheness is completely justified in labeling you a misogynist.

Now, you may not actually be a misogynist, but thus far, your behavior in this thread has certainly seemed to point that way. Your deliberate insult and belittling, not just of Heatheness and Momsurroundedbyboys but of their gender, indicates that you are either a misogynist or a complete idiot who thinks that calling one black person a "stinking nigger gorilla" shouldn't be taken as racist because you only insulted that one person. And I say this as someone who despises PC culture, crybullying, and all of that nonsense. I spent several pages railing against it earlier in the thread, in fact. I say this as the guy who should be most firmly on your side.

I do not agree with Heatheness with regards to this thread being largely woman-bashing. There seems to be a fundamental disconnect between what she thinks this thread is about (actual feminism) and what it is actually targeted at (Tumblr feminists), and we disagree on whether or not Tumblr feminism is actually a topic worth addressing. I think that it is fairly clear that most of the posts in this thread are directed at Tumblr feminists, and not women in general.

But your posts, specifically, are at best childish, deliberately inflammatory, and not sufficiently thought out. Embarrassingly so.

Momsurroundedbyboys is trying to talk sense into you, because she knows you and wants other people to have as high an opinion of you as she does.

I do not know you as well as she does.

Moms' defense is not doing much to change my opinion of you.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post
11-03-2016, 03:15 PM
(11-03-2016 03:05 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(11-03-2016 02:09 PM)Vosur Wrote:  It sounds like you concur with me that she wasn't justified in labeling me a misogynist.

(11-03-2016 10:46 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I wouldn't hold my breath. There's not much there in that pretty little head. Laughat

(11-03-2016 12:12 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You sound like a mother who is chastising her son for his bad behavior. That could be fun, I suppose. Wink

Both of these are distinctly, purposefully gendered insults. Heatheness is completely justified in labeling you a misogynist.

Now, you may not actually be a misogynist, but thus far, your behavior in this thread has certainly seemed to point that way. Your deliberate insult and belittling, not just of Heatheness and Momsurroundedbyboys but of their gender, indicates that you are either a misogynist or a complete idiot who thinks that calling one black person a "stinking nigger gorilla" shouldn't be taken as racist because you only insulted that one person. And I say this as someone who despises PC culture, crybullying, and all of that nonsense. I spent several pages railing against it earlier in the thread, in fact. I say this as the guy who should be most firmly on your side.

I do not agree with Heatheness with regards to this thread being largely woman-bashing. There seems to be a fundamental disconnect between what she thinks this thread is about (actual feminism) and what it is actually targeted at (Tumblr feminists), and we disagree on whether or not Tumblr feminism is actually a topic worth addressing. I think that it is fairly clear that most of the posts in this thread are directed at Tumblr feminists, and not women in general.

But your posts, specifically, are at best childish, deliberately inflammatory, and not sufficiently thought out. Embarrassingly so.

Momsurroundedbyboys is trying to talk sense into you, because she knows you and wants other people to have as high an opinion of you as she does.

I do not know you as well as she does.

Moms' defense is not doing much to change my opinion of you.
I have already addressed the gender-specific nature of these remarks in an earlier post which you have purposefully and distinctly chosen to ignore in favor of your little agenda. If using gender-specific insults towards women makes me a misogynist, then I must also be a misandrist for using gender-specific insults towards men. That would mean that I hate both men and woman, which would make me a misanthrope. Your position is nonsensical and incoherent and it's sad to see that someone as smart as you are (and I know you are) would be unable to see that. It doesn't look like you are against PC culture and crybullying at all judging by this post.

[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
11-03-2016, 03:34 PM
(11-03-2016 03:15 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I have already addressed the gender-specific nature of these remarks in an earlier post which you have purposefully and distinctly chosen to ignore in favor of your little agenda. If using gender-specific insults towards women makes me a misogynist, then I must also be a misandrist for using gender-specific insults towards men.

I did not ignore anything that actually had any bearing on my point. Again, this is not about whether or not you actually are a misogynist, but whether or not Heatheness is justified in drawing that conclusion based on your behavior in your discussion with her. What you said to other posters has no bearing on the point in hand, except that it makes you look even more inclined towards unnecessary and pointless insults.

Personally, I don't think that you're a misogynist. I just think you're a rather insensitive, arrogant jackhat who doesn't know where the line is, when it's been crossed, or what to do after it has. Even being generous and assuming that you are assuming the same, deliberately-insane persona here that you do in other political threads, this paints you as either an exceptionally arrogant and condescending troll or a failed comedian who went for shock comedy and missed the mark, then doubled down on the failed joke in an effort to cross the line twice.

Whatever the case, your behavior here is not doing your reputation any favors. And I'm not talking about the number.

[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
11-03-2016, 04:04 PM
(11-03-2016 03:34 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(11-03-2016 03:15 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I have already addressed the gender-specific nature of these remarks in an earlier post which you have purposefully and distinctly chosen to ignore in favor of your little agenda. If using gender-specific insults towards women makes me a misogynist, then I must also be a misandrist for using gender-specific insults towards men.

I did not ignore anything that actually had any bearing on my point. Again, this is not about whether or not you actually are a misogynist, but whether or not Heatheness is justified in drawing that conclusion based on your behavior in your discussion with her. What you said to other posters has no bearing on the point in hand, except that it makes you look even more inclined towards unnecessary and pointless insults.

Personally, I don't think that you're a misogynist. I just think you're a rather insensitive, arrogant jackhat who doesn't know where the line is, when it's been crossed, or what to do after it has. Even being generous and assuming that you are assuming the same, deliberately-insane persona here that you do in other political threads, this paints you as either an exceptionally arrogant and condescending troll or a failed comedian who went for shock comedy and missed the mark, then doubled down on the failed joke in an effort to cross the line twice.

Whatever the case, your behavior here is not doing your reputation any favors. And I'm not talking about the number.
My reputation is just fine among the people whose opinion I care about. I can't say I value the personality assessment from this blowhard armchair psychologist who goes by the online pseudonym "Unbeliever" to the same extent. That guy seems to be really mad about wasting his time on writing lengthy responses to posts that were made with that purpose in mind. He took the bait and is all salty now because he didn't realize it sooner. In fact, I don't think he ever would have caught up on it if GirlyMan hadn't pointed it out in another thread. I can already see Unbeliever's butthurt response to this post coming from a mile away because he's so predictable. Then again, perhaps he will choose not to respond at all in order to defy the expectations. Laughat

[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
11-03-2016, 04:12 PM
(11-03-2016 04:04 PM)Vosur Wrote:  That guy seems to be really mad about wasting his time on writing lengthy responses to posts that were made with that purpose in mind. He took the bait and is all salty now because he didn't realize it sooner.

Well, no, actually. My point is that being an asshole, even ironically, is a very stupid and silly thing to do, and acting superior because people don't like assholes and "took the bait" is also very stupid and silly.

In the words of another internet asshole, you can cover yourself in shit and call it an artistic statement, but at the end of the day, you're still covered in shit.

[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post
11-03-2016, 07:46 PM
(11-03-2016 06:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-03-2016 05:54 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  That is if you assume that when you talk about modern feminism's problems it equals woman hating.

I saw your screed amigo Rolleyes

I can't wait for yoh to not only refute it but also prove my women hatred(which is strange seeing I even mentioned I don't hate feminism in general.)
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post