WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2016, 02:13 PM
RE: WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?
(12-03-2016 05:49 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(12-03-2016 05:41 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  An equal opportunity hater... I love it or wait.. do I love that or do I hate that? Damn, now I don't know. Blink

Your emotional state is suffering quantum fluctuations, so it's actually both. Just ask Schrodinger's cat.

[Image: SchrodingersCatWanted_sq.jpg]

I have to find one of those to frame for my wall.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-03-2016, 02:13 PM
(12-03-2016 01:19 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(12-03-2016 05:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Just so you know, I hate everyone, including all of you.

That makes me an asshole.

Point one, that's my schtick, Junior. There's only room for one all-hating bastard on this forum.

Point two, that makes me a misanthrope. The fact that I am also an asshole is entirely unrelated.

To be fair, earmuffs assumed that mantle while your were on sabbatical. Cunt.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
12-03-2016, 02:34 PM
(12-03-2016 02:07 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Haven't there always been "radical" feminists, like that one who wrote the SCUM Manifesto?

Now to be fair, feminism at that time achieved the equal pay act 4 years before it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-03-2016, 11:46 PM
(12-03-2016 02:34 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Now to be fair, feminism at that time achieved the equal pay act 4 years before it.

To be still more fair, the SCUM Manifesto was written by a paranoid schizophrenic with demonstrated homicidal tendencies.

I'm all for not taking it seriously, but saying "oh feminists were going through a hard time so it's okay that they published something that advocated murdering all men" is wrong on just about every level. The feminist movement did not create the SCUM Manifesto. Mental illness did.

Now, the fact that some feminists, even today, take the thing seriously is another issue entirely, but it's late and I don't particularly care to get into the details of it. It basically just comes down to "parts of the Tumblr slacktivist are fucking stupid and think that being as edgy as possible makes them look impressive, and a few others are even dumb enough to actually want all men dead but too ineffectual and cowardly to ever do anything about it so it's moot anyway".

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
13-03-2016, 03:09 AM
(12-03-2016 11:46 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(12-03-2016 02:34 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Now to be fair, feminism at that time achieved the equal pay act 4 years before it.

To be still more fair, the SCUM Manifesto was written by a paranoid schizophrenic with demonstrated homicidal tendencies.

I'm all for not taking it seriously, but saying "oh feminists were going through a hard time so it's okay that they published something that advocated murdering all men" is wrong on just about every level. The feminist movement did not create the SCUM Manifesto. Mental illness did.

Details are a bit scant regarding that diagnosis. In addition it was 1968 and psychiatry, as well as various psychological concepts were still not very well developed, as far as I know.

13-03-2016, 06:03 AM
(12-03-2016 11:46 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  

Now, the fact that some feminists, even today, take the thing seriously is another issue entirely, but it's late and I don't particularly care to get into the details of it. It basically just comes down to "parts of the Tumblr slacktivist are fucking stupid and think that being as edgy as possible makes them look impressive, and a few others are even dumb enough to actually want all men dead but too ineffectual and cowardly to ever do anything about it so it's moot anyway".

It's much more serious than that. These women are far spread. They are on schools boards in universities, they are being appointed positions on boards in large companies, they are speaking to the UN, they have gotten Nobel Prize Winners, and Nasa engineers fired or dismissed. Their realm of influence is huge. You underestimate the effectiveness of their bullying greatly.

[+] 4 users Like Dark Light's post
13-03-2016, 06:08 AM
(13-03-2016 06:03 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  It's much more serious than that. These women are far spread. They are on schools boards in universities, they are being appointed positions on boards in large companies, they are speaking to the UN, they have gotten Nobel Prize Winners, and Nasa engineers fired or dismissed. Their realm of influence is huge. You underestimate the effectiveness of their bullying greatly.

Anita also mentioned saying you are a liar is harassment. I guess I have been harassing people for years then.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
19-03-2016, 12:54 AM
If this is what happened to it I approve. Yes

The greatest lessons are the ones you don't remember learning.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-03-2016, 07:43 AM
(19-03-2016 12:54 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  If this is what happened to it I approve. Yes

The greatest lessons are the ones you don't remember learning.

Well, I would say the majority of their act was unrelated to feminism (though there were elements), and was more to do with whitewashing history, something that is a really problem. I would say feminism is more acuratley represented below:

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
19-03-2016, 07:50 AM
(13-03-2016 06:03 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  It's much more serious than that. These women are far spread. They are on schools boards in universities, they are being appointed positions on boards in large companies, they are speaking to the UN, they have gotten Nobel Prize Winners, and Nasa engineers fired or dismissed. Their realm of influence is huge. You underestimate the effectiveness of their bullying greatly.

Good God! How shall we ever bring them to justice? Facepalm I mean jeez. You could bring a court case but the judge might secretly be a feminist.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post