WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2016, 01:12 PM
RE: WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?
(28-02-2016 01:10 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You do realize that asserting your opinion as correct without considering anything being pointed out to you that refutes your assertions, doesn't make you correct, right?

You should convert to christianity and take that tired ass attempt at an argument and use it to espouse your faith in ID. Wink
Let me respond to that using the well-known argument of a brilliant intellectual thinker from the 21st century: "You're an asshole and a moron today it seems"

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2016, 01:13 PM
(28-02-2016 01:04 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 12:57 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Hey look, I can quote a bunch of sources that I haven't read as well!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-wage-gap...1443654408
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/harvar...le/2580405
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christina-...73804.html
http://time.com/3222543/5-feminist-myths...l-not-die/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/...ed90b17c24

Funny how that works, huh? Laugh out load

I post peer-reviewed research, you post news articles.

It's like someone posting research on evolution, and someone else posting blog posts or news articles on ID. Facepalm

(are all the researchers just in on some elaborate femi-nazi conspiracy? Laughat )

From your first article posted

"In all industrialized countries, there is a large degree of occupational segregation by gender, and women are usually more likely than men to have interrupted work careers and to work part-time."

Thats what they've been saying. Its misleading to say "women just get paid less than men" when you dont reveal information like that.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
28-02-2016, 01:14 PM
(28-02-2016 01:05 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I need a link to a source. Not a quote of your own post that is snipped.

Uuum... there is a link there. In the text.

Anyway. Here it is. Again.

link

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
28-02-2016, 01:15 PM
(28-02-2016 01:13 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 01:04 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I post peer-reviewed research, you post news articles.

It's like someone posting research on evolution, and someone else posting blog posts or news articles on ID. Facepalm

(are all the researchers just in on some elaborate femi-nazi conspiracy? Laughat )

"In all industrialized countries, there is a large degree of occupational segregation by gender, and women are usually more likely than men to have interrupted work careers and to work part-time."

Thats what they've been saying. Its misleading to say "women just get paid less than men" when you dont reveal information like that.

At what point did I say that the wage gap was the reductionist "women JUST get paid less"?

Nothing is "just" anything. I am not a moron. But I am pointing out the wage gap and its MYRIAD of causes are real and not a "myth."

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
28-02-2016, 01:15 PM
(28-02-2016 01:08 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 01:07 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Read my last post directed at you again. You either don't know what a wage gap is (it assumes sexism) or you haven't read your own sources..

I don't respond to straw men. Someone claimed that the "wage gap is a myth" but it isn't. I don't care what your definition of a "wage gap" is.
Okay. Cool. You've demonstrated that mens collective sum of pay is larger than womens collective sum of pay. Nobody here contends this.
[+] 2 users Like Gilgamesh's post
28-02-2016, 01:16 PM
(28-02-2016 01:15 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 01:08 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I don't respond to straw men. Someone claimed that the "wage gap is a myth" but it isn't. I don't care what your definition of a "wage gap" is.
Okay. Cool. You've demonstrated that mens collective sum of pay is larger than womens collective sum of pay. Nobody here contends this.

That's one component of the WAGE GAP.

-Rick
28-02-2016, 01:16 PM
(28-02-2016 01:13 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 01:04 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I post peer-reviewed research, you post news articles.

If statisticians didn't take into account lost wages from maternity, or were unable to differentiate between the wages of part-time women and men, they're pretty poor statisticians.

So the next questions are, were these oversights made? Or are the discrepancies still there when these factors are accounted for? And how likely do you think it is that they didn't account for them?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
28-02-2016, 01:18 PM
(28-02-2016 01:12 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 01:10 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You do realize that asserting your opinion as correct without considering anything being pointed out to you that refutes your assertions, doesn't make you correct, right?

You should convert to christianity and take that tired ass attempt at an argument and use it to espouse your faith in ID. Wink
Let me respond to that using the well-known argument of a brilliant intellectual thinker from the 21st century: "You're an asshole and a moron today it seems"

I post a series of peer-reviewd articles on the wage gap and you make two asinine and passive-aggressive comments in reply, and then get your feelings hurt when I reply in kind? Don't be that moron, Vosur.

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
28-02-2016, 01:19 PM
(28-02-2016 01:16 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 01:13 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  From your first article posted

If statisticians didn't take into account lost wages from maternity, or were unable to differentiate between the wages of part-time women and men, they're pretty poor statisticians.

So the nest question is, where this oversights made? Or are the discrepancies still there when these factors are accounted for? And how likely do you think they didn't account for them?

Yes they would be. Luckily I'm not talking about them. However when you hear from the fem group quote this what they are implying is misleading.
28-02-2016, 01:20 PM
(28-02-2016 01:16 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 01:15 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Okay. Cool. You've demonstrated that mens collective sum of pay is larger than womens collective sum of pay. Nobody here contends this.

That's one component of the WAGE GAP.

That's fine. So far as that is the wage gap, it exists. Language doesn't deal in absolutes, and that's not the wage gap we're discussing. Your point is one of semantics, not ideology.
[+] 2 users Like Gilgamesh's post