WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2016, 01:20 PM
RE: WTF Happened to the "Feminism" Movement?
(28-02-2016 01:19 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 01:16 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  If statisticians didn't take into account lost wages from maternity, or were unable to differentiate between the wages of part-time women and men, they're pretty poor statisticians.

So the nest question is, where this oversights made? Or are the discrepancies still there when these factors are accounted for? And how likely do you think they didn't account for them?

Yes they would be. Luckily I'm not talking about them. However when you hear from the fem group quote this what they are implying is misleading.

Don't listen to the extremists then, because they clearly have you all riled up before you try to understand what they say or why they are saying it. Listen to the rest of us feminists who are pointing out the disparity between men and women in the real world.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
28-02-2016, 01:22 PM
And as I've said repeatedly. I'm not saying there arent problems. But how they go about pushing their cause I have problems with. And yes I get pissed off that because I disagree with their tactics I'm labeled a misogynist.
28-02-2016, 01:23 PM
(28-02-2016 01:20 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 01:16 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  That's one component of the WAGE GAP.

That's fine. So far as that is the wage gap, it exists. Language doesn't deal in absolutes, and that's not the wage gap we're discussing. Your point is one of semantics, not ideology.

It's not semantics, I am replying to what was posted on this very thread.

Vosur:
"Oh, let me guess. You believe in the wage-gap myth. :Laugh out load: "

If Vosur meant something other than the actual wage gap, it sounds like the onus is on him to be clear. I've been forthcoming about what I have been advocating for.

-Rick
28-02-2016, 01:25 PM
(28-02-2016 01:22 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  And as I've said repeatedly. I'm not saying there arent problems. But how they go about pushing their cause I have problems with. And yes I get pissed off that because I disagree with their tactics I'm labeled a misogynist.

I didn't realize anyone here had labeled you as such.

They (extremists) don't represent feminists any more than I represent all atheists or how Trump supporters represent all conservatives.

I have this distinct feeling that if you'd look at what feminists advocate for, you'd agree with it (feminism and humanism are not incompatible)

-Rick
28-02-2016, 01:25 PM
So... am I being ignored? Just wondering, cause I provided the studies and all and I didn't get a single reply.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post
28-02-2016, 01:28 PM
(28-02-2016 01:25 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 01:22 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  And as I've said repeatedly. I'm not saying there arent problems. But how they go about pushing their cause I have problems with. And yes I get pissed off that because I disagree with their tactics I'm labeled a misogynist.

I didn't realize anyone here had labeled you as such.

They (extremists) don't represent feminists any more than I represent all atheists or how Trump supporters represent all conservatives.

I have this distinct feeling that if you'd look at what feminists advocate for, you'd agree with it (feminism and humanism are not incompatible)

You havent. But it happens frequently.
28-02-2016, 01:29 PM
(28-02-2016 01:28 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 01:25 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I didn't realize anyone here had labeled you as such.

You havent. But it happens frequently.

It almost sounds like you're...playing victim Consider Even when you haven't been victimized in this thread Consider

(I am being blunt in making my point. You are quick to assume that being disagreed with about feminism, makes you a misogynist to those with whom you are conversing)

-Rick
28-02-2016, 01:29 PM
(28-02-2016 01:14 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 01:05 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I need a link to a source. Not a quote of your own post that is snipped.

Uuum... there is a link there. In the text.

Anyway. Here it is. Again.

link

I haven't forgotten about you. I will check that PDF when on a device that can open it. I will come back to this. Thanks for providing sources.
[+] 2 users Like Gilgamesh's post
28-02-2016, 01:31 PM
(28-02-2016 01:29 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 01:28 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  You havent. But it happens frequently.

It almost sounds like you're...playing victim Consider Even when you haven't been victimized in this thread Consider

(I am being blunt in making my point. You are quick to assume that being disagreed with about feminism, makes you a misogynist)

Nope. I'm not a victim. But I can still be annoyed by things. Difference between a victim and being annoyed is I dont let it stop me from doing what I want. Wink but Kudos for trying. lol.

At the end of the day, if feminism and humanism are so interchangable, Ill just stick with humanism. You guys can have feminism.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
28-02-2016, 01:34 PM
(28-02-2016 01:31 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(28-02-2016 01:29 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It almost sounds like you're...playing victim Consider Even when you haven't been victimized in this thread Consider

(I am being blunt in making my point. You are quick to assume that being disagreed with about feminism, makes you a misogynist)

Nope. I'm not a victim. But I can still be annoyed by things. Difference between a victim and being annoyed is I dont let it stop me from doing what I want. Wink

It sounds like you should read the link by undergroundp.

It isn't as simple as "doing what you want" for a lot of people. Life doesn't allow for an infinite set of restarts for most of us. And in a world where 50% of the population start off in a hole, that can be significant.

-Rick