WTF Moment...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2013, 11:43 PM
RE: WTF Moment...
A while back ( over a year) I was talking to my mom. For some reason that I can't remember I mentioned that our sun was a star.

She calmly reminded me that our sun was not in fact a star because the bible did not call it a star.

Blink
Huh
Ohmy
Shocking

Just an outsider looking inn.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Foxcanine1's post
29-04-2013, 12:37 AM
Hugs peanut! Every family has some crazies that are loveable.

My mother and father in law took us on a hike one time to see some Dino tracks in the original spot they'd been found. After listening to a tour guide explain all about it, my father in law said, "You don't need to believe all that, the rock bed just happens to look like that." Mmm K. Yeah, the rock bed dated for the Jurassic era just happens to look like a bunch of dinos ran through it. Just like your recent hospital stay has nothing to do with your miracle healing. That's when they try to twist 'correlation is not causation' on others. Mmmhmm.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
29-04-2013, 02:21 AM
Quote:Tartsie can make cats dance. Therefore, evolution is true.
I can make them do many, many things. Evil_monster

(28-04-2013 10:09 PM)Peanut Wrote:  [Image: 0431-Break-Dance-Kitty.png]

Also, just for funsies:

[Image: h48572E26]

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
29-04-2013, 06:32 AM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2013 11:57 AM by Peanut.)
Ummm... This person also asked me, "If your son got hit by a car and he was on life support, what are you gonna do?"

Before I could even respond, she exclaimed, "You're gonna pray! You're gonna ask God for a miracle."

"No. I won't."

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
29-04-2013, 07:09 AM
My entire life up until a couple of years ago was one big religious WTF moment. Now, it's a WTAF moment.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 6 users Like Erxomai's post
29-04-2013, 08:05 AM
(28-04-2013 09:41 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I searched for a thread that had stuff like this in it. I wanted to be able to just post and you guys could have a laugh. I told Erxy about my problem with finding said thread, and he suggested I should just make another thread. After telling him I didn't know if I wanted to, he said, (very persuasively, I might add.) "Just DOOOOOO ITTTTTTT."

So I said, "Fine."

Today I was talking about a bunch of stuff with a family member who shall not be named. I said something about evolution. She said, "That's as ridiculous as people believing we came from apes!"

"Umm..." *Gets up to pace the driveway.

"Where's the evidence?"

"Well..."

"I mean, evolution isn't real! It's NOT because I haven't been able to teach my cat how to dance the Jig."

Blink *Turns around, eyes wide, trying to figure out if she was serious.

I know this person. I know when she uses "jokes" to make points about things she believes. She WAS making a joke, but she felt that this made sense, when one really thinks about it.

"You know evolution goes beyond training a cat how to do stuff, right?"

"Well, no. It's the same principle. If I can't teach her how to dance, then that's proof that evolution is not true."

"I like your hair cut that way; It's super cute. It suits you."

I'll just stop here. I can't go on! Weeping

Just going to stop by to say, you must be a very patient person. I would have struggled to not double over and burst out into hysterical laughter.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
29-04-2013, 08:27 AM
In an odd sort of way I miss having those WTF moments Peanut talks about. Sadcryface2
My family can be a great source but since I had a few, let's call them conniptions, over religion and God no one brings those topics up anymore Consider

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-04-2013, 08:33 AM
Peanut [great avatar, BTW], my mother once told me that [concerning the Noah flood account] "she's always believed it and won't change that now". It is a lazy way to live, really. Just because a religion believes something to be true, . . . many christians will say, "I don't care what scientists say they discover, . . . I'll believe the bible]. My sister has those tendencies as well. My brother, too.
[+] 1 user Likes DeavonReye's post
29-04-2013, 09:04 AM
This is why I really appreciate my old man. Despite being Christian he's *always* given us the straight dope on anything sciency.
29-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Slightly off topic but death by cuteness reminded me of these little critters...

[Image: sugar-glider1.jpg]

We had one and my wife would carry her in her purse when she went shopping.

There were a lot of WTF is that in your purse reactions. I would sometimes carry her in my shirt pocket. They sleep most of the day but occasionally, she would wake up and poke her head out the top of my pocket.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like bbeljefe's post