WTF Moment...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2013, 12:41 PM
RE: WTF Moment...
(29-04-2013 08:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Just going to stop by to say, you must be a very patient person. I would have struggled to not double over and burst out into hysterical laughter.
Big Grin
Well, I AM a mom of a kindergartener... I also work in retail, so I MUST have patience with some of the wacky customers that meander through my checkout lane.

I also want to say that I did INDEED laugh at her. I sighed, too, though. Drinking Beverage

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2013, 11:45 AM
I know you've stalked my threads Wink , but on the off chance that you haven't heard this one:

I was at the grocery store with my mom; looking around at the meats to decide what she wanted for dinner. She looked at the bags of Tyson chicken and the "Anytizer" wings and a look of bewilderment came over her face. "Ugh" she moaned, "I have no idea what I want to get. There are too many choices. I just wish they'd come up with some sort of IV system to constantly nourish you throughout the day. That'd be so much easier." It was cheesy and kind of stupid, but I pretended to chuckle anyway and we continued through the store. But just a few seconds later, she turned to me and said one of the dumbest things I've ever heard uttered from a human being:

"And if evolution were true, I'm sure that's exactly what we'd have. But Jehovah wanted us to enjoy our food."

I could do nothing but stare at her in disbelief.

More recently (just this week); I was on my way to my parents' when my car broke down. Luckily, it broke down just a mile from their house, so I was able to walk the rest of the way. When I got there, I made a bee-line for my dad - who truly believes that Jehovah looks out for him on his way to and from work - and I mockingly said "Before I tell you what happened, I want you to pray. Thank Jehovah; say 'Jehovah thank you so much for watching over me, kids are dying in the world but thank you so much for not letting me run out of gas, amen'." I was being a dick, and there's more to it than what I'm writing here, but he got the point.

A few minutes later, when my mom came outside, she made a point to say "What you don't seem to realize is that Jehovah was watching out for you because he made sure you broke down so close to your family instead of out in the middle of nowhere."

I asked "Seems like a kind gesture, but he couldn't have managed to...I don't know...prevent it from breaking down at all? He helped me out just enough to be a little less fucked than I would have been otherwise?"

She then went completely off the rails with a red herring and said "Well science hasn't even been able to create a car that doesn't break down. If your evolution were so true, you should have a car that had evolved not to break down."

I'll type that once more, so that you can be sure you heard it correctly.

"If your evolution were so true, you should have a car that had evolved not to break down."

I'm gonna let the rest of you bask in the rancid non sequitur while I go make some coffee. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
03-05-2013, 12:30 PM
(03-05-2013 11:45 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I know you've stalked my threads Wink , but on the off chance that you haven't heard this one:

I'm gonna let the rest of you bask in the rancid non sequitur while I go make some coffee. Drinking Beverage

A course I stalk your threads. (I finally read the one about Stephen Fry's nose last night, actually.) I read this story, too and I imagined you trying your hardest to not make fun of your sweet mama Heart

Why do people say "if evolution is true?!" Censored

The family member (who we will not name anymore in this thread) got in her truck and I went to hug her goodbye. She decided to throw another one in for good measure. (I'm pretty sure she was just trying to irritate me at this point, but she said it.)

"I can't find my lighter in this tiny console."

"Turn on the light; It'll be easier." *smiles*

"My damn hands don't fit in here! (I know, "that's what she said moment," right?) Oh! But ya know what DOES fit in my hand?"

"You're gonna do it? You're gonna say..."

"A banana! ha hahahahah ahah!"

"Do you even know what your point was?"

"I HAD to say it."

"Okay. You wear your seat belt. I still love you."

Oh! And last night, I was messing with my cat and at one point, he got up on his hind legs. (Kinda. He just balanced on his toosh and... whatever. You get it.) I immediately thought of him doing the Jig. I kinda wish he could do it. It would make him waaaay cooler.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
03-05-2013, 01:26 PM
"Why do people say 'If evolution is true'?!"

Because they don't know the first thing about what Evolution actually is. To them; it's nothing more than an idea. A concept. "Just a theory", as they'd say. Something a scientist said to counter their claim of creation.

What they don't understand is that Evolution is an occurance. It's not a claim. It's not an idea. It's an event. To it; true and false do not apply. True and false cannot apply, because it's not an assertion. Again, it's an occurance.

But their ignorance is undying and they believe it's just an idea or a claim, so they are happy to say "It's not true".

03-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Also, you'd do well to inform "this person" that the banana only fits in our hand because we've selectively bred it to do so. Bananas in the wild look much different from the bananas she picks up from the grocery store. That's because we've slowly changed - one could say "evolved" - the banana to its current form.

The irony here is that, in her twisted and deluded little mind, she thinks the banana disproves evolution. In fact it's quite the opposite.

[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
29-07-2013, 07:55 PM
“Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.”

I didn't know where else to post this. I figured it was worthy of a "WTF Moment," as that's what I thought when I read it for the third time trying to figure out its meaning. I saw it on my Facebook feed a few moments ago. It was an inspirational quote that an acquaintance wrote as a status update.

How does one compare an imaginary story to a real life tragedy? I know! It's because they're theists and they were taught faith in ridiculous things, but COME ON!

I want comments on this, ladies and gentleman. Please? Big Grin

29-07-2013, 08:11 PM
(29-07-2013 07:55 PM)Peanut Wrote:  “Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.”

I didn't know where else to post this. I figured it was worthy of a "WTF Moment," as that's what I thought when I read it for the third time trying to figure out its meaning. I saw it on my Facebook feed a few moments ago. It was an inspirational quote that an acquaintance wrote as a status update.

How does one compare an imaginary story to a real life tragedy? I know! It's because they're theists and they were taught faith in ridiculous things, but COME ON!

I want comments on this, ladies and gentleman. Please? Big Grin

Never be afraid to try something new? Depends! Eating raw bull penis can be something other people do on Fear Factor thank you very much!

Change that statement to, "Amateurs wrote the story of the Ark" and it could be used to inspire budding novelists. "That bullshit has been in print for 2000 years, look what you might accomplish"!

Professionals built the Titanic, and it sunk, and the movie was too long, and.....Leonardo Decaprio froze to death ... Consider .... So become professionals, kids, it works out in the end Big Grin

or I'm just full of shit Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
29-07-2013, 08:15 PM
I don't know if it's motivational, but....

[Image: 65-Never-Argue-with-Stupid-People.png]

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
31-07-2013, 05:46 AM
I once had a couple of Jehovah's Witness come to my door preaching the "good news"... and I talked to them for a bit.

They got around to talking about Eve's sin in Genesis and I mentioned the fact that if genesis was to be taken literally then Adam & Eve's children would have had to have engaged in incest with each other which would have lead to massive genetic defects very quickly.

One of them said that " Incest was okay in the beginning because human DNA was pure, today it is corrupted which is why we have so many defects".

I said "I can't believe you said that with a straight face!.. I think we've wasted enough of each others time, goodbye. " Shocking

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Captain Jean Luc Picard

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Jean Luc Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
31-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Big Grin

[Image: hEB4A90C5]