WTF Moment...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2013, 06:39 PM
RE: WTF Moment...
This is the exact message
"the banana,the melon and the coconut prove inteligent design. The banana fits perfectly in my hand,isnt to slippery to hold and is nutricious. The melon contains a lot of fluid,inside a skin that is easy to hold,and the seeds are in the middle so you dont eat them and can plant them easily. And finally,the coconut. It contains tasty juice inside,and healthy meat,and if the meat is dried you can make oil from it,you can make rugs and other things with the outer fibers,you can make huts with palm leaves and many more. To see other atheist crushing arguments ,visit ray's facebook site so you can see the light again. And did i mention that ray released a movie called "god vs evolution" wich will shatter your faith in the darwinistic fairy tale? Have a nice day and i will pray for you so you will see the light and avoid hell"

does that count as a WTF comment?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
31-07-2013, 09:05 PM
(31-07-2013 05:46 AM)unsapien Wrote:  I once had a couple of Jehovah's Witness come to my door preaching the "good news"... and I talked to them for a bit.

They got around to talking about Eve's sin in Genesis and I mentioned the fact that if genesis was to be taken literally then Adam & Eve's children would have had to have engaged in incest with each other which would have lead to massive genetic defects very quickly.

One of them said that " Incest was okay in the beginning because human DNA was pure, today it is corrupted which is why we have so many defects".

I said "I can't believe you said that with a straight face!.. I think we've wasted enough of each others time, goodbye. " Shocking

Incest was okay "back then..." The conversation would've been over quickly after I heard that Huh

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
31-07-2013, 09:11 PM
(31-07-2013 06:39 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  This is the exact message
"the banana,the melon and the coconut prove inteligent design. The banana fits perfectly in my hand,isnt to slippery to hold and is nutricious. The melon contains a lot of fluid,inside a skin that is easy to hold,and the seeds are in the middle so you dont eat them and can plant them easily. And finally,the coconut. It contains tasty juice inside,and healthy meat,and if the meat is dried you can make oil from it,you can make rugs and other things with the outer fibers,you can make huts with palm leaves and many more. To see other atheist crushing arguments ,visit ray's facebook site so you can see the light again. And did i mention that ray released a movie called "god vs evolution" wich will shatter your faith in the darwinistic fairy tale? Have a nice day and i will pray for you so you will see the light and avoid hell"

does that count as a WTF comment?

It counts.

I hate those "arguments." It doesn't make them sound very intelligent. It makes it sound like they're grasping at straws. (Pardon the chiche.) I don't ever go, "Yeah... YEAH! You're right! A banana couldn't possible fit into my hand if it wasn't meant for me in the first place. What have I been thinking?!"

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
01-08-2013, 02:32 AM
I remember my first. /me sighs with nostalgia

In elementary school, a well-indoctrinated young believer tried to prove to me that God was real by pressing a Bible to my arm. She was honestly confused when it didn't burn me.

I couldn't make it up, folks.

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post
01-08-2013, 02:34 AM
(31-07-2013 09:11 PM)Peanut Wrote:  "Yeah... YEAH! You're right! A banana couldn't possible fit into my hand if it wasn't meant for me in the first place. What have I been thinking?!"

Bananas are God's plan, but masturbation is a sin...

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
01-08-2013, 02:37 AM
(01-08-2013 02:34 AM)I Am Wrote:  Bananas are God's plan, but masturbation is a sin...

I'm not complaining, it makes it feel even dirtier.
01-08-2013, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2013 09:20 AM by Escape Artist.)
My mom usually provides my WTF moments. The last one came in the form of a 30-minute long drive in which she told me all about Pepsi's diabolical scheme to enhance the flavor of their drinks using fetal cells. All I kept thinking was, "Damn. I guess atheists really do eat babies. Who knew?" because this gal loves some Pepsi.

In a contrastingly wonderful moment, my 8-year-old son saw this cover of Origin of Species...

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23455...of_Species

...(which I'm slowly trekking my way through), pointed to the illustrations at the bottom and goes, "Oh. First it looked like this, then this, then this." He didn't think of them as separate animals at all, just gradual changes over time. I was too proud!

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post