WTF North Korea? It's like we're in the Dark Ages.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2015, 06:56 AM
WTF North Korea? It's like we're in the Dark Ages.
Kimmy executes high ranking officials that oppose him.

I'm well aware of what NK is about and how they act... but I mean... wtf? This is seriously something out of Medieval times.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2015, 07:06 AM
RE: WTF North Korea? It's like we're in the Dark Ages.
(29-04-2015 06:56 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Kimmy executes high ranking officials that oppose him.

I'm well aware of what NK is about and how they act... but I mean... wtf? This is seriously something out of Medieval times.

huh.. link isn't working...

Anyway, based on the title you gave, I disagree. Consolidating power by killing opposition has been going of for as long and humans has been doing our thing; it was common in the Medieval ages, sure, but also pretty common in early-Soviet Russia and post-revolutionary China among other places.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
29-04-2015, 07:43 AM
What I don't understand is how that fat boy hangs on to power. Surely someone in NK would like to take him out?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-04-2015, 07:48 AM
(29-04-2015 07:43 AM)morondog Wrote:  What I don't understand is how that fat boy hangs on to power. Surely someone in NK would like to take him out?

I imagine his father made sure that he had enough loyal allies in the right places to ensure his power base.

Plus, that's also operating under that assumption that the fat boy is actually in power and not himself a puppet (possibly without him even realizing it) of the more senior members of the military hierarchy.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
29-04-2015, 08:27 AM
(29-04-2015 07:43 AM)morondog Wrote:  What I don't understand is how that fat boy hangs on to power. Surely someone in NK would like to take him out?

Many of the ridiculous games he plays are more for local politics than for international politics. Occasional shellings of South Korea, threats to the U.S., etc. He knows we either don't care, or are likely to respond in a manner in which he loses more than he gains internationally. But internally he has to continue living up to the propaganda he feeds his people. The second he looks week, he would indeed be overthrown.

There is, without a doubt, enough people against him that he could easily be overthrown. The key to staying in power for dictators in his shoes is to make sure they never get the opportunity to openly organize, hence the harsh punishments and restrictive rules on open communication such as with cell phones and internet.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
29-04-2015, 08:36 AM
Here's another link.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-32511431

Yeah asserting your power through the manipulation of others is always the best way to go.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

29-04-2015, 09:03 AM
15? weak.

[Image: oscar.png]
29-04-2015, 09:19 AM
Maybe if he does in fact go to Moscow, someone will get a chance to put a bullet in him.
29-04-2015, 09:19 AM
I'm sure he did something like this when he first came to power. The executions were by mortar fire or something ridiculous like that... had men hundreds of meters away tied up and mortared!

There won't be an uprising because his grandfather is the celestial dictator who is watching and listening to everything they say and THINK. Shows how crucial theocratic elements are to a dictatorship.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
[+] 1 user Likes SunnyD1's post
29-04-2015, 11:24 AM
(29-04-2015 09:19 AM)pablo Wrote:  Maybe if he does in fact go to Moscow, someone will get a chance to put a bullet in him.

That would be neat. Unfortunately, what the removal of a single leader amid many who would readily take control in his place would be of little benefit to anyone. What the masses need is leverage over those individuals. If we want to see a change in power, we need to be sending balloons with weapons, not shoes. But that's just my predictable war mongering opinion Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post