WTF is Christmas by todays standards?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2012, 02:11 PM
RE: WTF is Christmas by todays standards?
IMO, most (if not all) holidays are kinda pointless. I don't want to be the person living for the weekend and her two-week long vacation. I want to enjoy every day, not because someone told me to, but because I'm content with my life (as much as that is possible, but that's a whole other story).
Same goes for bdays, anniversaries and what have you. No one can tell me how I should feel [Image: Tantrumemoticon.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
26-12-2012, 02:33 PM
(26-12-2012 02:11 PM)Vera Wrote:  No one can tell me how I should feel [Image: Tantrumemoticon.gif]
I don't think you should get upset about it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
26-12-2012, 02:37 PM
(26-12-2012 02:33 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I don't think you should get upset about it.
[Image: th_Smiley-tantrum.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
28-12-2012, 06:24 AM
At one time in my life Christmas was a day to celebrate the birth of jesus. After being honest with myself along with my friends and family it has turned into a day to spend time with friends and family. The last 4 years I had the opportunity to spend the day with my ex-wife and her son and while this year was different and it was painful not to have that kid around....it was a good day.

Knowing that many of the traditions were stolen and the fact that theists cling to their lies and seem to be upset that I, as an atheist, could even think about celebrating on their day gives me a little satisfaction as well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user