WTF is with Christmas in the USA?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2011, 01:30 AM
WTF is with Christmas in the USA?
"It's the Holidays, not christmas. Show some respect."
"Please don't sing that, it's a religious song!"
"We won't be holding a nativity play this year as it's unfair on the non-christian children."
"What sort of moron paints Santa reading the Bible! That's offensive!"
"We'd be grateful if you wouldn't play hymns at the mall, mmkay?"

From a year of christianity being forced into schools, creation museums being set up, preachers stood in the streets shouting at people, atheists being threatened with death by church leaders and politicians holding an opening prayer at meetings, why is it suddenly so taboo to publicly celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ in a Christian way?

I've never understood this.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2011, 01:55 AM
RE: WTF is with Christmas in the USA?
Because it's USA? So many strange people, so many strange things... And it's because of christian schools, creation museums, false prophets and preachers that people are getting less and less education, they stay ignorant and stupid, so they don't even know what and when is the Christmas. Only my opinion, maybe there is another explanation...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
09-04-2011, 03:37 AM
The American Atheist Movement is upon us.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
09-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Some poeple are being considerate to those who don't want this forced down their throats. Of course, those being considerate are not those yelling bible verses and setting up dinosaur petting zoo's.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
09-04-2011, 04:14 PM
I love how it's April, and people have already begun to think about Christmas.

Anyway, that is what people refer to as "The War on Christmas," during the holiday season people tend to get fed up with listening to christmas music all the time, everywhere we go. I think it's just a way for people to remind this "christian" nation that there are other religions out there with a holiday around Christmas.

Of all the ideas put forth by science, it is the principle of Superposition that can undo any power of the gods. For the accumulation of smaller actions has the ability to create, destroy, and move the world.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." -W. E. Henley
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2011, 05:16 PM
I think this was posted somewhere on here before... but this post demands it be revisited.

Christmas with a Capital C trailer

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
10-04-2011, 10:50 AM

I confidently think it's because christmas is all about money. Businesses want everyone to be happy enough to go buy their shit for the holidays, but that's not going to happen if everyone thinks it's a christian holiday instead of a time of year to buy as much crap as possible, regardless of religion.

Seasons greetings you secular money bags.

edit: holy crap that trailer is horrible.
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Really? People say those things? O_O

I'm barely at the northern tip of the Bible belt and I only hear the opposite... groups protesting and boycotting stores because they don't say "Merry Christmas", even scoffing at Santa and the commercialization of Christmas because "Jesus is the reason for the season", people saying Happy Jesus' Birthday instead of Merry Christmas, nativity scenes in front of the courthouse and other government buildings...

I've never encountered anyone saying the things in the original post. Tongue I kind of want to hear it. xD I always make a point to say "Happy Holidays", even to the people I know who celebrate Christmas, to get people accustomed to the idea that Christmas is one among many holidays.

Of course it just might be that my state happens to be the only one with a giant animal-filled ark being built in it. Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2011, 06:23 PM

Really? Up here in new england it's practically a taboo to say merry christmas. Fucking bible belt.
Quote this message in a reply