WW3 coming from North Korea soon?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2017, 07:47 AM
RE: WW3 coming from North Korea soon?
(29-06-2017 07:11 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(29-06-2017 07:08 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Military force is an option, according to Trump's National Security Adviser.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06/29/...-says.html

And I'm sure he's as stupid as his idiot in chief. Without thinking of the consequences and the closeness of one of the major economic hubs of the world to the North Korean border. Which, in case Kim feels himself painted into a corner, will end up as a nuclear wasteland. I wonder if any of them even looked at a map.

The current national security adviser is an active duty Army general. He has an impeccable resume. A hero of the Gulf War. A doctorate degree in American history. And has wrote books on the mistakes of the Vietnam war. This guy knows what he's talking about. He is far from "stupid."

Be glad this is the guy whispering in Trump's ear.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
29-06-2017, 08:25 AM
(29-06-2017 07:47 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(29-06-2017 07:11 AM)abaris Wrote:  And I'm sure he's as stupid as his idiot in chief. Without thinking of the consequences and the closeness of one of the major economic hubs of the world to the North Korean border. Which, in case Kim feels himself painted into a corner, will end up as a nuclear wasteland. I wonder if any of them even looked at a map.

The current national security adviser is an active duty Army general. He has an impeccable resume. A hero of the Gulf War. A doctorate degree in American history. And has wrote books on the mistakes of the Vietnam war. This guy knows what he's talking about. He is far from "stupid."

"A hero of the Gulf War"- not going to convince non-interventionists with that part.

29-06-2017, 08:25 AM
(29-06-2017 07:47 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The current national security adviser is an active duty Army general. He has an impeccable resume. A hero of the Gulf War. A doctorate degree in American history. And has wrote books on the mistakes of the Vietnam war. This guy knows what he's talking about. He is far from "stupid."

I concur with LDH here. McMaster is no dummy, and while I originally had reservations about Mattis, the more I read about him, the more I respect him.

Neither are likely to go off half-cocked and recommend military action unnecessarily, unlike Trump who is completely out of his depth. As military men with real-world experience, the know, first-hand, the tremendous waste, expense and pain that a military option entails, while Trump sees nothing but good ratings on Fox and his number of twitter followers.

*edit for clarity*
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
29-06-2017, 11:49 AM
(29-06-2017 07:11 AM)abaris Wrote:  And I'm sure he's as stupid as his idiot in chief. Without thinking of the consequences and the closeness of one of the major economic hubs of the world to the North Korean border. Which, in case Kim feels himself painted into a corner, will end up as a nuclear wasteland. I wonder if any of them even looked at a map.

It's my understanding that there is friction between McMaster and Trump because McMaster is no lackey, and speaks bluntly his mind.

Let us hope that he can continue to do so without offending the Snowflake-in-Chief.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-06-2017, 12:13 PM

I do trust him more than ppp, but I don't understand why anyone would waste resources and risk American lives by going to war against nk.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

29-06-2017, 12:30 PM
Considering both how small and centralized the circle of power within NK appears to be, one has to wonder just how hard it would be to strategically cut off the head of the NK command structure in the event of this cold war going hot. Indeed such a series of assassinations would be the first step in any offensive action, leaving NK blind, deaf, and leaderless. That being the case, I can't help but wonder if the largest deterrent to that course of action isn't NK's threat of retaliation, but rather China's possible reaction. Things will probably stay in flux until the balance of power between China and the United States changes, either by the US digging itself out from it's economic debt and removing the Sword of Damocles that is China's stockpile of US debt, or China removing it's protection and vested interest in preserving the status quo and NK's sovereignty.

The nation with a real power to alter the situation is China, not NK.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
29-06-2017, 01:16 PM
(29-06-2017 12:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I do trust him more than ppp, but I don't understand why anyone would waste resources and risk American lives by going to war against nk.

Was that any of their concerns in past and still ongoing conflicts? Also, someone's waste is another ones gain. There's a lot of money to be made for some by going to war.

But this one, if someone were stupid enough to provoke Kim to violent action, could have bigger consequences than all the other conflicts combined. Not so much because of the danger of WWIII, but because of the very real danger of the Korean peninsula being devastated and millions of lifes being lost in the process. Even if that were a secondary concern of any given warmonger, the economic damage should give them pause. If Seoul was destroyed, even if it became some kind of frontline citiy, the global stock markets would plummet. And even the best case scenario of both Koreas finally being reunited, couldn't be shouldered by South Korea alone without taking a serious hit to their economy. The North is as backwards as it can be. This would make reuniting Germany look like a piece of cake. And even the Germans are still paying the price for 1990.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
29-06-2017, 01:30 PM
(29-06-2017 11:49 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(29-06-2017 07:47 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The current national security adviser is an active duty Army general. He has an impeccable resume. A hero of the Gulf War. A doctorate degree in American history. And has wrote books on the mistakes of the Vietnam war. This guy knows what he's talking about. He is far from "stupid."

It's my understanding that there is friction between McMaster and Trump because McMaster is no lackey, and speaks bluntly his mind.

Let us hope that he can continue to do so without offending the Snowflake-in-Chief.

Yeah, from the sound of things McMaster and Mattis both are very much the 'voice of reason' in the administration. Neither of them want war, even though it would get the President the attention and ratings he seems to thrive on. Mattis, for instance, was the only Cabinet member who didn't grovel before Trump in a very North Korea-esque Cabinet meeting.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
29-06-2017, 02:57 PM
(29-06-2017 01:30 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Mattis, for instance, was the only Cabinet member who didn't grovel before Trump in a very North Korea-esque Cabinet meeting.

As well he shouldn't, the President is just the Commander in Chief, not a Divine Monarch or Supreme Leader.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
29-06-2017, 04:30 PM
Yeah, I'd have been fired that day.

I'm reminded of Manstein's comment that got him fired by Hitler -- a hearty "Jawohl, Mein Fuhrer!" after a particularly stupid statement the latter made in a general's briefing. Sarcasm is rarely recieved well by tin-pots and cuntmuffins.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post