WW3 coming from North Korea soon?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2017, 06:51 AM
RE: WW3 coming from North Korea soon?
(29-06-2017 08:25 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(29-06-2017 07:47 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The current national security adviser is an active duty Army general. He has an impeccable resume. A hero of the Gulf War. A doctorate degree in American history. And has wrote books on the mistakes of the Vietnam war. This guy knows what he's talking about. He is far from "stupid."

Be glad this is the guy whispering in Trump's ear.

I concur with LDH here. McMaster is no dummy, and while I originally had reservations about Mattis, the more I read about him, the more I respect him.

Neither are likely to go off half-cocked and recommend military action unnecessarily, unlike Trump who is completely out of his depth. As military men with real-world experience, the know, first-hand, the tremendous waste, expense and pain that a military option entails, while Trump sees nothing but good ratings on Fox and his number of twitter followers.

*edit for clarity*

Our own version of the Dear Leader could have served in Vietnam but deferred. Now he is all too quick to look for a fight. Typical, the people who have profited off the suffering of others are the first to call for war.

I too was fearful of what Mattis and McMaster would be like in their roles. Oddly, the two that have served in the military are the least eager for war.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
30-06-2017, 07:24 AM
I think we need to take this pig out by sniper and let South Korea have the entire country.

I'm sure the people in NK would love to have some good and better treatment. I feel sorry for them

[Image: c56083e46209519e4d97adebb2a58abc.jpg]
30-06-2017, 07:38 AM
(30-06-2017 07:24 AM)KUSA Wrote:  I think we need to take this pig out by sniper and let South Korea have the entire country.

And go bankrupt over it. Read up on the costs of reuniting Germany. And the GDR was nothing like North Korea.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
30-06-2017, 09:16 AM
(30-06-2017 07:38 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(30-06-2017 07:24 AM)KUSA Wrote:  I think we need to take this pig out by sniper and let South Korea have the entire country.

And go bankrupt over it. Read up on the costs of reuniting Germany. And the GDR was nothing like North Korea.

I think the NK people deserve to be treated like humans. The SK people would be happy to reunite.
30-06-2017, 09:28 AM
(30-06-2017 09:16 AM)KUSA Wrote:  I think the NK people deserve to be treated like humans. The SK people would be happy to reunite.

You know there's always the admittedly cynical question of who's paying the bills. But this whole discussion over Korea is cynical as far as the West is concerned. The financial one probably the least cynical, going by all the war rhetoric being used left, right and center.

But it's certainly not as easy as removing Kim to suddenly have a happy united Korean peninsula. There's no infrastructure to mention, there's actually nothing to mention in terms of economic value. South Korea would drown under the weight of having to shoulder this.

Even the relation between populations is different than it was between the Federal Republic of Germany and the GDR. It was something like 53 million to 13 millions. In the case of Korea it's 50 millions as compared to 25 millions. These people need to work, be fed and to receive medical attention. That can't be done overnight. Reuniting both parts of the peninsula at this point in time is an economical as well as humanitarian nightmare waiting to happen.

[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
30-06-2017, 09:37 AM
I'm sure most western countries would chip in with humanitarian aid.
30-06-2017, 09:42 AM
(30-06-2017 09:37 AM)KUSA Wrote:  I'm sure most western countries would chip in with humanitarian aid.

You know that's what I'm actually afraid of in the case of Cuba also. It always comes at a price. Apart from the fact that humanitarian aid won't solve the problems. Read up on Germany and the GDR and how they're still paying the economic as well as the social bills. It would be much worse in this case.

Something like that simply can't happen overnight. It needs time and baby steps. We have precedent of that and the analysis of experts.

[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
30-06-2017, 11:42 AM
(30-06-2017 09:37 AM)KUSA Wrote:  I'm sure most western countries would chip in with humanitarian aid.

Freedom cannot be handed on a platter.

It has to be fought for by the people most affected.

Our country imposing upon others what "freedom" should be has never worked well.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-06-2017, 01:19 PM
I'm not saying that the US should take over NK. I just think it would be nice if someone popped a cap in the asshole running it currently. Maybe sending a Canadian sniper there would do the trick. They have the record for the longest sniper shot.

I just think those poor folks in NK deserve better. I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos of NK defectors. It's interesting hearing their stories. They truly have it fucked there.

I realize that they couldn't be instantly integrated with SK. There would have to be a plan in place.

[Image: a20c2608b9d3fd2c4a0ab89dc30b3e79.jpg]
30-06-2017, 01:31 PM
(30-06-2017 01:19 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I'm not saying that the US should take over NK. I just think it would be nice if someone popped a cap in the asshole running it currently. Maybe sending a Canadian sniper there would do the trick. They have the record for the longest sniper shot.

I just think those poor folks in NK deserve better. I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos of NK defectors. It's interesting hearing their stories. They truly have it fucked there.

I realize that they couldn't be instantly integrated with SK. There would have to be a plan in place.

[Image: a20c2608b9d3fd2c4a0ab89dc30b3e79.jpg]

And again you've missed the point.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post