• 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2017, 05:20 PM
WW3 coming from North Korea soon?
Point the point out again then.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2017, 05:25 PM
RE: WW3 coming from North Korea soon?
(30-06-2017 05:20 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Point the point out again then.
`

That it's not a spur of the moment kind of thing.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
30-06-2017, 05:47 PM
(30-06-2017 05:25 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(30-06-2017 05:20 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Point the point out again then.
`

That it's not a spur of the moment kind of thing.

This and the nk people have to want it enough to believe they can change it.

If we march in and hand them their liberty, they will go with the same corrupt individuals they already know.

Fear is powerful thing -- it can make people feel empowered to effect serious change (revolution) or it can keep them in place.

That's why freedom cannot be just given. You have to want it -- you must be prepared to fight for it.

This was what Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Franklin all innately understood.

Also you cannot demand that countries behave a certain way or if they adopt elections complain about results or try to influence their elections. People time and again will pick the enemy they know.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

30-06-2017, 05:55 PM
(30-06-2017 05:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This and the nk people have to want it enough to believe they can change it.

If we march in and hand them their liberty, they will go with the same corrupt individuals they already know.

Fear is powerful thing -- it can make people feel empowered to effect serious change (revolution) or it can keep them in place.

That's why freedom cannot be just given. You have to want it -- you must be prepared to fight for it.

This was what Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Franklin all innately understood.

Also you cannot demand that countries behave a certain way or if they adopt elections complain about results or try to influence their elections. People time and again will pick the enemy they know.

And someone with no ulterior motif would have to shoulder the costs. Such as employing an additional 25 millions of people, I'm sorry there's no other word for it, but virtually terraforming the territory and provide for the basic needs without causing a humanitarian and/or social crisis. In the case of NK that's a nightmare scenario.

30-06-2017, 06:17 PM
China would invade North Korea to prevent us from doing it. If we were as strategically savvy as China, we'd feign invasion preparations to coax China into doing it for us and putting a strain on their military and their economy in the process, then use that distraction to move on other non NK interests, such as East Africa or the South China Sea.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
30-06-2017, 06:32 PM
(30-06-2017 06:17 PM)yakherder Wrote:  China would invade North Korea to prevent us from doing it. If we were as strategically savvy as China, we'd feign invasion preparations to coax China into doing it for us and putting a strain on their military and their economy in the process, then use that distraction to move on other non NK interests, such as East Africa or the South China Sea.

To get another helpig of 1950 to 1953?

Strategically savy would mean leave well enough alone and let other countries solve their own problems without feeling the need for any contribution that only helps the military industrial complex.

Can you name even one conflict after 1945 where US interventionism led to a better situation?

30-06-2017, 07:04 PM
(30-06-2017 06:32 PM)abaris Wrote:  Can you name even one conflict after 1945 where US interventionism led to a better situation?

By what standard? As someone who defines civilization, as compared to pre-civilization egalitarian tribalism, by our dependence on the control and utilization of scarce resources, I'd say all of them to a degree. That is being somewhat offset by China's relatively recent moves on East Africa and South America, and by our diplomatic failures with Russia and their emerging alliances.

If, however, one views peace as the ultimate goal and doesn't simply see the world as a giant chess board like I do, then none of them, past present or future.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
30-06-2017, 08:26 PM
I think a lot of people don't realise what a pissant little backwoods country North Korea really is. The entire country is less than half the size of Texas, its population is less than that of Texas, and its per capita GDP is $1,000 versus the USA's per capita GDP of $57,220.

North Korea would also fit twenty times over into the state of Western Australia LOL.

Incidentally, the linked site in the OP is all total bullshit, and not even worth discussing at length.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
30-06-2017, 08:59 PM
(30-06-2017 08:26 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I think a lot of people don't realise what a pissant little backwoods country North Korea really is. The entire country is less than half the size of Texas, its population is less than that of Texas, and its per capita GDP is $1,000 versus the USA's per capita GDP of $57,220.

North Korea would also fit twenty times over into the state of Western Australia LOL.

Incidentally, the linked site in the OP is all total bullshit, and not even worth discussing at length.

It's not so much the fight with North Korea that is the problem. It's the flood of refugees that neither South Korea, China, nor Japan want to deal with, and the alliances that have taken interest due to the $6 to $10 trillion in untapped mineral resources packed away in the hills of NK. There won't be a fight with NK, per se, but there will be a fight.

'Murican Canadian
01-07-2017, 03:00 AM
(30-06-2017 07:04 PM)yakherder Wrote:  If, however, one views peace as the ultimate goal and doesn't simply see the world as a giant chess board like I do, then none of them, past present or future.

But in that case, nobody needs to act all surprised and butthurt if the old saying "what goes around, comes around" happens to be true. It's the obvious chessboard appoach that generates a lot of hatred.