WaPo: A Chinese activist, Out of prison but not free

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2014, 08:23 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 08:42 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
WaPo: A Chinese activist, Out of prison but not free
In short:

I bless anyone with this belief who disagree to it that Falungong is a botch cult. I hope they and their family and anyone they love and care will seriously practice this belief.

If they are in China, let me know, and I will surely report them to police the minute I know. If they are outside of China, I sincerely (truely) encourage them to hold fast to this good meditation (belief ?) as firmly as they can.

That will be the least I can do.

-----
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/c...story.html
-----

A Chinese activist: Out of prison but not free

By Teng Biao September 7

Teng Biao is a human rights lawyer.

A month ago, the human rights lawyer Gao Zhisheng — my friend and colleague — limped out of Shaya Prison in northwestern China. According to relatives, Gao was pale as a ghost. He had spent the past five years — his sentence was for three — in solitary confinement, underfed and with no access to sunlight. For a long time, his wife and children, who fled to the United States to seek asylum, did not know his whereabouts or even whether he was alive or dead.

But Gao’s career as a rights lawyer quickly hit the rocks, and failing to win cases for his clients was the least of it. In 2005, he wrote open letters to the National People’s Congress and then-leaders Hu Jintao and Wen Jiabao to detail the horrendous torture being inflicted upon practitioners of Falun Gong, a fast-growing meditation group facing brutal suppression. He quickly received his reply: 24-7 surveillance of his home, death threats, harassment of his wife and children, summonses, disbarment, disappearances, torture that included savage beatings, electric shocks and the piercing of his genitals with a toothpick, and, finally, solitary confinement in prison. This took place over the past nine years.

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2014, 11:20 PM
RE: WaPo: A Chinese activist, Out of prison but not free
Well that's just wonderful. Undecided

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply