WaPo: A wall to stop Russia ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2014, 08:53 PM
RE: WaPo: A wall to stop Russia ?
(11-09-2014 08:33 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 07:39 PM)Sam Wrote:  A wall?

How very Soviet of you...

And it means ... ?

Well, you know... The Soviet Union (centered around Russia) built a big huge wall right down the middle of Berlin, to keep the Americans and British out of their bit... It was seen as a symbol of oppression and division in Europe, and when it finally came down in 1989 there were parties in the streets of Berlin, and it was hailed as a great day for freedom...

I just think it would be kind of ironic if the West built a big wall through Ukraine, to keep the Russians out...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2014, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2014 09:41 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
(11-09-2014 08:53 PM)Sam Wrote:  Well, you know... The Soviet Union (centered around Russia) built a big huge wall right down the middle of Berlin, to keep the Americans and British out of their bit... It was seen as a symbol of oppression and division in Europe, and when it finally came down in 1989 there were parties in the streets of Berlin, and it was hailed as a great day for freedom...

I just think it would be kind of ironic if the West built a big wall through Ukraine, to keep the Russians out...

Ah, I see the humor.

You know, major powers seem to have exchanged their scripts this year.

China: Fight terrorism ! (US' old line)
US: Ferguson is internal affairs, foreign countries should not point fingers ! (China's old line)
UK: Integrity of the country ! (China's old line)
Russia: Respect people's choice ! There's a humanitarian crisis, I will send in aid. (US' old line)
France: Don't fight ! Let's sit down and solve it through deplomatic dialogues. (China's old line)

And it was brutal action for the former elected Ukrainian president to attempt to use military force to crack down the opposition, who in turn felt OK about cracking down their oppistion by force ...

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
11-09-2014, 10:05 PM
(11-09-2014 09:33 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 08:53 PM)Sam Wrote:  Well, you know... The Soviet Union (centered around Russia) built a big huge wall right down the middle of Berlin, to keep the Americans and British out of their bit... It was seen as a symbol of oppression and division in Europe, and when it finally came down in 1989 there were parties in the streets of Berlin, and it was hailed as a great day for freedom...

Ah, I see the humor.

You know, major powers seem to have exchanged their scripts this year.

China: Fight terrorism ! (US' old line)
US: Ferguson is internal affairs, foreign countries should not point fingers ! (China's old line)
UK: Integrity of the country ! (China's old line)
Russia: Respect people's choice ! There's a humanitarian crisis, I will send in aid. (US' old line)
France: Don't fight ! Let's sit down and solve it through deplomatic dialogues. (China's old line)

And it was brutal action for the former elected Ukrainian president to attempt to use military force to crack down the opposition, who in turn felt OK about cracking down their oppistion by force ...

There is a bit of hypocrisy on both sides I think...

Putin's still a twat though...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user