WaPo: China shackles Uighur scholar’s feet for a month

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2014, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2014 11:35 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
WaPo: China shackles Uighur scholar’s feet for a month
Let me see ... This dude is an economics professor and he publicly praise those thug Uighur slayers on multiple occasions, including calling those filthy creatures "hero" on his class, which, in my opinion, pretty well justifies why his ankles are shackled as a suspect for separatism and potential terrorism, as simple and easy as this to understand:
[Image: u=1055064631,3101620527&fm=23&gp=0.jpg]

But wait a second ... his lawyer should have said shackling that dude's ankles were "rare and unnecessarily harsh" ?! (Switching to Channel Chas Evil_monster ) This man must be a government official in disguise !!! How dare he tell such a blatant lie ! RARE ? HARSH ? Where does he think he is right now ?

Washington Post has quite some writers who are gullible and also sympathize terrorists and their clan. NSA really should be informed about this.

PS. Here we have a logic dilemma for certain folks (majorly those way right).

If this lawyer guy is dependable on his accounts, and it truely is unnecessarily harsh, so it means it is rare and contradicts what the mainstream media says in US.

If this lawyer guy is dishonest, then why does his accouts so much resembles what the mainstream media says in US ?

Would those way right have the capability to reason decently or will they become instantly pissed off for their lack of ability to think critically ?

-----
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia...story.html
-----

China shackles Uighur scholar’s feet for a month

By Associated Press September 11 at 6:48 AM

BEIJING — For more than a month, Chinese authorities have shackled the ankles of an outspoken minority Uighur scholar accused of separatism while he awaits trial, his lawyer said Thursday.

The treatment of Ilham Tohti, an economics professor, is rare and unnecessarily harsh, his lawyer, Li Fangping, said.

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2014, 08:20 PM
RE: WaPo: China shackles Uighur scholar’s feet for a month
(11-09-2014 08:15 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Let me see ... This dude is an economics professor and he publicly praise those thug Uighur slayers on multiple occasions, including calling those filthy creatures "hero" on his class, which, in my opinion, pretty well justifies why his ankles are shackled as a suspect for separatism and potential terrorism, as simple and easy as this to understand:[Image: u=1055064631,3101620527&fm=23&gp=0.jpg]

But wait a second ... his lawyer should have said shackling that dude's ankles were "rare and unnecessarily harsh" ?! This man must be a government official in disguise !!! How dare he tell such a blatant lie ! RARE ? HARSH ? Where does he think he is in right now ?

Washington Post has quite some writers who are gullible and also sympathize terrorists and their clan. NSA really should be informed about this.

-----
-----

BEIJING — For more than a month, Chinese authorities have shackled the ankles of an outspoken minority Uighur scholar accused of separatism while he awaits trial, his lawyer said Thursday.

The treatment of Ilham Tohti, an economics professor, is rare and unnecessarily harsh, his lawyer, Li Fangping, said.

You and your depraved party really are sick.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
11-09-2014, 09:05 PM
I pity you - thank goodness I live in a democracy...

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 2 users Like CiderThinker's post
12-09-2014, 12:14 AM
(11-09-2014 08:15 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Let me see ... This dude is an economics professor and he publicly praise those thug Uighur slayers on multiple occasions, including calling those filthy creatures "hero" on his class, which, in my opinion, pretty well justifies why his ankles are shackled as a suspect for separatism and potential terrorism, as simple and easy as this to understand:
[Image: u=1055064631,3101620527&fm=23&gp=0.jpg]

But wait a second ... his lawyer should have said shackling that dude's ankles were "rare and unnecessarily harsh" ?! (Switching to Channel Chas Evil_monster ) This man must be a government official in disguise !!! How dare he tell such a blatant lie ! RARE ? HARSH ? Where does he think he is right now ?

PS. Here we have a logic dilemma for certain folks (majorly those way right).

If this lawyer guy is dependable on his accounts, and it truely is unnecessarily harsh, so it means it is rare and contradicts what the mainstream media says in US.

If this lawyer guy is dishonest, then why does his accouts so much resembles what the mainstream media says in US ?

Would those way right have the capability to reason decently or will they become instantly pissed off for their lack of ability to think critically ?

-----
-----

Hold the phone. "Accused of separatism."?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-09-2014, 02:11 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2014 02:45 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
(12-09-2014 12:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Hold the phone. "Accused of separatism."?

Reasonable doubt.

There's an offence called secession of the state in China's criminal law, which Englishmen may desparately want to have now. Convicts are sentenced to 10 years' time or more with life being the maximum.

So "accused of separatism" is rather "charged with activities aimed at secession of the state " if one wants to accurately describe what happened. In fact, prosecutors did charge that Uyghur guy with that accusation on 7/30/2014.

12-09-2014, 06:16 AM
(12-09-2014 02:11 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(12-09-2014 12:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Hold the phone. "Accused of separatism."?

Reasonable doubt.

There's an offence called secession of the state in China's criminal law, which Englishmen may desparately want to have now. Convicts are sentenced to 10 years' time or more with life being the maximum.

So "accused of separatism" is rather "charged with activities aimed at secession of the state " if one wants to accurately describe what happened. In fact, prosecutors did charge that Uyghur guy with that accusation on 7/30/2014.

So, basically, this dude is being charged with violation of Article 103 of the Criminal Law code, which stipulates that you can't support or raise the notion of succession from China.
While your courts are at it, they may as well slap a charge of violating Article 105, which stipulates that you can't do anything in opposition to the government... It'd fit.

Also, I find it fascinating that you people have an at least 30 month calendar, learn something new every day. Consider

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
12-09-2014, 06:35 AM
I think the shameful treatment of prisoners shows the degree of insecurity of the government. What's the point of this kind of attitude when dealing with dissent? To me it's clearly to send a message "Don't you dare break out of line, or you could be next". It's... authoritarian and bullshit. Criminal he may be - that's for the courts to decide - but cruel and unusual punishments show that you on the side of "law and order" are not any better.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-09-2014, 07:44 AM
1984 - George Orwell

Read it. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
12-09-2014, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2014 10:14 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
(12-09-2014 06:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  I think the shameful treatment of prisoners shows the degree of insecurity of the government. What's the point of this kind of attitude when dealing with dissent? To me it's clearly to send a message "Don't you dare break out of line, or you could be next". It's... authoritarian and bullshit. Criminal he may be - that's for the courts to decide - but cruel and unusual punishments show that you on the side of "law and order" are not any better.

Did I use the word "suspect" ? I think I did.

I agree with you on the "not any better" comment. And if you had done some researh about how people around the world are treated when they avidly support those that have brutally bladed down innocent civilians on many public occasions, and shown me that China has been unnecessarily harsh in the treatment that is rarely found elsewhere, I would have agreed with you by now.

Yet you failed to apprehend the specific situation, and went on with "dissent", a word of oversimplification and popularity among US maintream media on China topics. This disappoints me a little.

And insecurity ? I don't what to draw the bad example of the most powerful US army's torturing POWs. But insecurity ? Really ?

12-09-2014, 10:07 PM
(12-09-2014 06:16 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  So, basically, this dude is being charged with violation of Article 103 of the Criminal Law code, which stipulates that you can't support or raise the notion of succession from China.
While your courts are at it, they may as well slap a charge of violating Article 105, which stipulates that you can't do anything in opposition to the government... It'd fit.

Also, I find it fascinating that you people have an at least 30 month calendar, learn something new every day. Consider

So you did some research on what the law stipulates. Care to do more on how it is implemented in reality and get some statistical data?

I know little about the "at least 30 month calendar".