WaPo: China shackles Uighur scholar’s feet for a month

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: WaPo: China shackles Uighur scholar’s feet for a month
(12-09-2014 10:02 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  I agree with you on the "not any better" comment. And if you had done some researh about how people around the world are treated when they avidly support those that have brutally bladed down innocent civilians on many public occasions, and shown me that China has been unnecessarily harsh in the treatment that is rarely found elsewhere, I would have agreed with you by now.
Bro, just *approving* of someone's actions isn't a crime, or hasn't been in the past. My point is even if you have in your custody someone who *has*, provably, brutally murdered people, if you then torture that person, *by what logic do you claim moral superiority*? Simply saying "Well everyone does it" or "we're not as bad as some people" is *not* sufficient.

Quote:Yet you failed to apprehend the specific situation, and went on with "dissent", a word of oversimplification and popularity among US maintream media on China topics. This disappoints me a little.

And insecurity ? I don't what to draw the bad example of the most powerful US army's torturing POWs. But insecurity ? Really ?
Well, so the US commits these kind of stupid crimes as well, I must now forgive you? Yes insecurity. A government that does not fear doesn't widely publicise that you get tortured if you publicly disagree with them.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-09-2014, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2014 11:36 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
RE: WaPo: China shackles Uighur scholar’s feet for a month
(12-09-2014 11:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  Bro, just *approving* of someone's actions isn't a crime, or hasn't been in the past. My point is even if you have in your custody someone who *has*, provably, brutally murdered people, if you then torture that person, *by what logic do you claim moral superiority*? Simply saying "Well everyone does it" or "we're not as bad as some people" is *not* sufficient.

Based on what do you to say "just *approving* of" ? The trial is going on. Wait for some time and we will see whether the court decides he is "just *approving* of" or not.

Based on what do you say shackling a suspect's ankle is torture instead of precautions what the suspect is associated with terrorist groups and activities ?

Based on what part of my words do you find the need to mention "moral superiority" ? Did I say anything like "everyone does so, therefore I am superior than Americans" ?

(12-09-2014 11:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  Well, so the US commits these kind of stupid crimes as well, I must now forgive you? Yes insecurity. A government that does not fear doesn't widely publicise that you get tortured if you publicly disagree with them.

Based on what part of my words do you find the need to mention "forgive" ? Who forgives whom ? By what right and qualifications ?

Are you implying that "China widely publicises that you get tortured if you publicly disagree with them" ? If you do, then based on what evidences are you making this implication ? Do you have statistical data to support it ?

I find overgeneralization in your arguement. And I don't think shackling a felony suspect's ankles and US' torturing POWs derive an "as well".

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply