WaPo: Japan PM sent prayer note to war criminal ceremony

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2014, 08:21 AM
RE: WaPo: Japan PM sent prayer note to war criminal ceremony
I think ja, silly move when he had to know it was gonna have political ramifications. All very well honouring dead people in your private capacity - anyone might want to light a candle for a dead relative even if some people thought the said relative was a criminal - but doing it as a public thing... gotta tread very carefully with that stuff.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 12:50 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 12:54 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
RE: WaPo: Japan PM sent prayer note to war criminal ceremony
(01-09-2014 08:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  I think ja, silly move when he had to know it was gonna have political ramifications. All very well honouring dead people in your private capacity - anyone might want to light a candle for a dead relative even if some people thought the said relative was a criminal - but doing it as a public thing... gotta tread very carefully with that stuff.

Great point about the in private thing. As long as he doesn't brag about it, he can worship whatever war criminal alone by himself or with his family all he wants !

I wouldn't use the word silly as if I had some pity for that guy. I don't want to call him foolish because I don't think he is a fool and by doing so he makes personal gains, in which way he is the opposite of being foolish. Well, I think he and I just have fundamentally conflicting interests. That's the harshest term I think of at the moment.

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply