WaPo: Welcome to the tea party

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2014, 07:41 PM
WaPo: Welcome to the tea party
I do recommed one thing to add in the tea: Chinese wolfberry(medlar/Lycium barbarum). It's good for the eyes, expecially when you are in front of a screen a lot.

-----
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonk...-drinkers/
-----

America is slowly—but surely—becoming a nation of tea drinkers

By Roberto A. Ferdman September 3

There's a quiet, and lightly caffeinated, trend brewing in America.

The U.S. market for tea has more than quadrupled during the past twenty-plus years—from just under $2 billion in 1990 to just over $10 billion last year—according to the U.S. Tea Association. Demand for the herbal beverage has now been growing at a healthy clip for decades. By weight, Americans now drink almost 20 percent more of the herbal beverage than they did back in 2000, according to market research firm Euromonitor.

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2014, 07:48 PM
RE: WaPo: Welcome to the tea party
(04-09-2014 07:41 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  I do recommed one thing to add in the tea: Chinese wolfberry(medlar/Lycium barbarum). It's good for the eyes, expecially when you are in front of a screen a lot.

-----
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonk...-drinkers/
-----

America is slowly—but surely—becoming a nation of tea drinkers

By Roberto A. Ferdman September 3

There's a quiet, and lightly caffeinated, trend brewing in America.

The U.S. market for tea has more than quadrupled during the past twenty-plus years—from just under $2 billion in 1990 to just over $10 billion last year—according to the U.S. Tea Association. Demand for the herbal beverage has now been growing at a healthy clip for decades. By weight, Americans now drink almost 20 percent more of the herbal beverage than they did back in 2000, according to market research firm Euromonitor.

Coffee Statistics 2014

Specialty coffee sales are increasing by 20% per year and account for nearly 8% of the 18 billion dollar U.S. coffee market.
Coffee statistics show that among coffee drinkers the average consumption in the United States is 3.1 cups of coffee per day.

http://www.e-importz.com/coffee-statistics.php

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-09-2014, 07:13 AM
Don't get too excited. Even the best western tea culture isn't a patch on Chinese tea culture. It's too hard to get worthwhile tea so it is hard to sustain. I stick to coffee here for that reason, but when in China I drink tea. As for additives do you have a source for this medical claim?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
05-09-2014, 09:09 AM
Quote:As a result, tea imports, to the benefit of major tea producing nations like China and India, are soaring

Yeah, so thanks for tea.

If you're interested in that old trade partnership we used to have going... you know, the opium thing ... you still have my number, right?

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
05-09-2014, 02:26 PM
It's from the mass groups of the Japanese culture obsessed generation watching anime and drinking tea. It's taking over!!! Actually, its that and morseso the whole healthy food craze.

I recall seeing in the past, in a per populous basis, Ireland has the highest rates of tea consumption.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
05-09-2014, 06:21 PM
(05-09-2014 02:26 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It's from the mass groups of the Japanese culture obsessed generation watching anime and drinking tea. It's taking over!!! Actually, its that and morseso the whole healthy food craze.

I recall seeing in the past, in a per populous basis, Ireland has the highest rates of tea consumption.

Ireland? lolwut?
05-09-2014, 06:24 PM
(05-09-2014 06:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 02:26 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It's from the mass groups of the Japanese culture obsessed generation watching anime and drinking tea. It's taking over!!! Actually, its that and morseso the whole healthy food craze.

Ireland? lolwut?

Well to be fair half the cup is filled with whiskey first.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
06-09-2014, 06:10 PM
touche'
08-09-2014, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 07:29 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
(05-09-2014 07:13 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Don't get too excited. Even the best western tea culture isn't a patch on Chinese tea culture. It's too hard to get worthwhile tea so it is hard to sustain. I stick to coffee here for that reason, but when in China I drink tea. As for additives do you have a source for this medical claim?

Not selling tea myself. Not much reason to get excited.

Source: verified by hundreds, maybe over a thousand years of Chinese medicine practice, enlisted on the Chinese Pharmacopoeia, human trial with positive effect at least on me.

I do recommend it yet it's solely at your discretion.

Edit: PS, on the Pharmacopoeia it is called Fructus Lycii.

08-09-2014, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 07:32 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
(05-09-2014 09:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Yeah, so thanks for tea.

If you're interested in that old trade partnership we used to have going... you know, the opium thing ... you still have my number, right?

No way. You should at least update your catalogue. Meth included will be the minimum requirement. If not, what am I going to use to treat HoC when he is in town ?

[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post