Wacky things you once believed in.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2016, 01:40 PM
Wacky things you once believed in.
So, what non religious things did you believe in at one point? Even after I didn't believe in a god I believed in.

Psychic Powers - Because pokemon mostly and because humans only used 10% of their brain so we could have powers if we could tap into it...this died quickly when I grew a bit older and when I discovered that 10% thing was a lie and we use all of our brains.

Homeopathy -
Thank You James Randy.This died sometime a long while back when a forum member shared some good information with me.

Astrology - When I was in my late teens I was all up into Astrology and my star sign Taurus.

Ghosts...for some reason. I think I mostly only believed in them because of those stupid ghost hunter shows when they were still new.

Bill Cosby never raped anyone. - Yeah, I know weird right? Talk about wacky things to believe in! Zing!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2016, 01:51 PM
RE: Wacky things you once believed in.
All the usual New Age stuff, and I was intrigued for a bit by the ancient aliens idea, but not sure if I fully accepted it. I was a kid before I started my nonbelief journey, so it's more understandable I'd believe in that stuff I suppose.
18-07-2016, 01:54 PM
For a few years, I believed that Lance Armstrong won all those bike races "clean". Then I thought about it and realized how improbable that was -- mainly because most of his main competitors were doping. If they're all cheating and he's not, there's no way he could dominate like he did. So I wasn't surprised when he finally admitted it. But for a while there, I "believed in him".

That's probably not the kind of "wacky" thing you wanted, but I stopped believing all the wacky woo things in childhood.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
18-07-2016, 01:58 PM
I used to think I could fly. I believed in some astrology when I was in high school.

One of the funniest things I've ever read about "belief" was that Cher (the entertainer) thought that Mt. Rushmore was a natural phenomone. Granted, she was 16 at the time and teenagers believe silly things like that but even when I was at my teenage stupidest I knew Mt Rushmore was carved.

Here's a quote from Sonny Bono.

"When I met Cher she was 16, and Cher can be this pillar of wisdom or this incredibly naive person. Cher has decided that Mt. Rushmore was a natural phenomenon. And I said if that is true, then I'm going to become a monk."

Some writers back in the 1970's repurposed this information on the Mary Tyler Moore show and had the character,Ted Baxter proclaim Mt. Rushmore a natural formation.

Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
18-07-2016, 02:12 PM
http://www.jordanmaxwell.com

I used to take this asshole seriously before I snapped out of it. He does have a soothing voice, though.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
18-07-2016, 03:01 PM
I used to believe women who told me they were divorced. Facepalm

I've just recently grown rudimentary legs and made the move from water to land.
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
18-07-2016, 03:20 PM
The occult, used to read tarot cards and believed god drove a flying saucer.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
18-07-2016, 03:46 PM
"Your check is in the mail"....

I'm a double atheist. I don't believe in your god or your politician.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
18-07-2016, 04:15 PM
My godmother is a witch (And my mom is a devout Catholic, so never could understand that one Wink ) Anyway, I kinda dabbled in spells back in high school for fun. Some love spells I believed actually worked Hobo
18-07-2016, 04:24 PM
I used to believe that unicorns were real, I thought I saw one as a kid, turned out be a white horse that lived on a nearby farm, my brother laughed at me and told me they were not real. I honestly couldn't believe it.

I used to believe that babies came from two people kissing and rubbing their crotches together, then I saw an episode of Law and Order when I was 8 or 9 about a rape case and the victim was asked "Did his penis go inside of you?" or something like that and I was like "Huh? inside? what?" So yeah, that's how I learned how babies are made.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post