Waking someone up.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2017, 03:14 PM
Waking someone up.
I asked an aunt, who is Christian, but not religious at ALL, and would come across as a nontheist at first glance if she were open to the idea of the biblical flood not happening at all. She said "Yes". I think I might be able to help her become an atheist. I am SO happy.

what family member or friend do you think has a chance of waking up?

I am the author of a blog the Chattanoogan Atheist and am writing a multi-part article deconstructing the global flood. Hopefully, I'll show her that the flood is bulls-t.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2017, 03:29 PM
RE: Waking someone up.
I smuggle books to the relatives who are being home schooled. Some hard copies, mostly digital.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-10-2017, 03:44 PM
(25-10-2017 03:29 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I smuggle books to the relatives who are being home schooled. Some hard copies, mostly digital.
She's also a women's rights activist who absolutely HATES rapists. Her bible (she's still Christian) requires rape victims to marry their attackers. I want to point that out to her at some point.
25-10-2017, 03:47 PM
Don't forget to give her some recipes.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
26-10-2017, 05:48 AM

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
26-10-2017, 02:36 PM
Not to rain on your parade, but have you considered the possibility that she may simply be a sane Christian? A lot of them, and we have a few on this forum, would laugh in your face if you tried to insist that the flood was anything other than myth, allegory or parable. Not everybody reads the Bible literally and you might want to get to know where your aunt is coming from before trying to convince her of something she already views as absurd.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
27-10-2017, 09:04 AM
(25-10-2017 03:44 PM)Crimsondawn95 Wrote:  
(25-10-2017 03:29 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I smuggle books to the relatives who are being home schooled. Some hard copies, mostly digital.
She's also a women's rights activist who absolutely HATES rapists. Her bible (she's still Christian) requires rape victims to marry their attackers. I want to point that out to her at some point.

Only if they're not betrothed. If they are, then you kill the attacker. Also, if they're raped in the city, you also kill them, because if they aren't screaming for help, they must have wanted it.

Source
27-10-2017, 09:57 AM

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
31-10-2017, 11:36 AM
I thought this had something to do with sleep walking before reading the OP Laugh out load

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user