Wal-Mart gives the finger to DC?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
12-07-2013, 07:53 PM
RE: Wal-Mart gives the finger to DC?
(12-07-2013 07:08 PM)I and I Wrote:  "Evil corporation" that is redundant, it's like saying "smelly shit"

Corporations are people, my friend.

Also not all shit smells. Sometimes it's essentially sterile. FACT.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2013, 11:23 PM
The problem with this "living wage" is as DL says (though not everything he says is correct) it doesn't change anything. Temporary at best.

The other issue is that people expect companies to just bow down before it.
Of course Wal Mart is going to fight it, it'll cost them money considering the amount of minimum wage employees they have.
I don't get why people get so upset over this, this is exactly how things work.
The problem is that people don't fight back. They bitch and moan to each other during their work break but then go right back to work half an hour later. Shit like this doesn't go through not because Wal Mart wins but because people LET Wal Mart win.
Don't like your pay? Don't like your working conditions etc.. then unionize bitches!! A whole store of Wal Mart employee's has far greater power then the owner of that store.
But people don't do that, they just sit on their fat Wal Mart ass and do nothing but expect politicians and everyone else to fight the battle for them.

You reap what you sou.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
12-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Just curious muffs, what have I said on this thread that you disagree with? Or are you still butthurt from our economic discussion last year? If you think I'm wrong, say so.

13-07-2013, 12:28 AM
Damn it, I thought I posted something. Oh well, must have closed the window.

You're wrong about the printing of money. Yes they'll need to print more if inflation goes up, but it wont be such a massive huge expense that you are making it out to be.
It'll be negligible in the grand scheme of things.

And butt hurt? Son, every economic discussion we've had has ended because you're too stupid to grasp what I'm saying.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
13-07-2013, 01:30 AM
(13-07-2013 12:28 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Damn it, I thought I posted something. Oh well, must have closed the window.

You're wrong about the printing of money. Yes they'll need to print more if inflation goes up, but it wont be such a massive huge expense that you are making it out to be.

And butt hurt? Son, every economic discussion we've had has ended because you're too stupid to grasp what I'm saying.

I never said it was massive, just said it was an effect. Maybe a few hundred million, maybe a billion. It's still unnecessary waste. Since you acknowledge that I'll take it you are butthurt.

13-07-2013, 02:48 AM
I don't go there often - my mom forgot an item once she paid for her things, the cashier was very nice and held it for her, so she came back before work to pick it up but the manager wouldn't let her. Despite her paying for it, and having proof that she paid for it.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
13-07-2013, 04:43 AM
(12-07-2013 07:08 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(12-07-2013 03:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  I do not shop at Walmart. Ever.

Evil corporation.

"Evil corporation" that is redundant, it's like saying "smelly shit"

Silly ideological bullshit.

I am a founder, officer, and major shareholder in a corporation.
It is not an evil entity.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-07-2013, 07:41 AM
(13-07-2013 01:30 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(13-07-2013 12:28 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Damn it, I thought I posted something. Oh well, must have closed the window.

I never said it was massive, just said it was an effect. Maybe a few hundred million, maybe a billion. It's still unnecessary waste. Since you acknowledge that I'll take it you are butthurt.

See, too stupid to grasp what I was saying.

13-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Most money these days exists in the form of numbers in a bank database. The reserve bank doesnt need to create the physical representation of all the money it creates since most money moves around electronically.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
14-07-2013, 11:47 AM
(13-07-2013 07:53 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Most money these days exists in the form of numbers in a bank database. The reserve bank doesnt need to create the physical representation of all the money it creates since most money moves around electronically.

Money also get's reused.