Walking Across Bridges 101: A life guide by Muffs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2014, 05:39 PM
RE: Walking Across Bridges 101: A life guide by Muffs
(17-09-2014 12:30 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 08:47 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Murica truly needs the wisdom of the great and powerful Muffs. Bowing

Maybe Murica needs Muffs. Consider

Oh I doubt that, I don't think 'Murica is quite ready for Muffs just yet.

Quote:I get irked by "cyclists" who have no concept of self preservation. I almost creamed one on the way to work yesterday morning

Cyclists are certainly the worst on the road. Absolutely no sense of awareness and they think they own the fucking road, but as you say a car is a couple more pounds heavier so really they're the ones who need to be careful.

The worst is when they ride in groups. SINGLE FILE CUNTARDS! SINGLE FUCKING FILE! Taking up the whole fucking road and shit..

I actually hit a cyclist once on my motorbike. Totally my fault though, I was coming off and off ramp and merging into 5 oclock traffic. I went to lane split between the cars and didn't think to check for cyclists and smacked into one as I pulled into the lane between the lanes of cars (the motorbike lane I call it). Opps. He was alright though, didn't even come off his bike, just got pushed around a little.

Quote:All of that is perfectly in-line, except for cyclists.

Those motherfuckers ought to on the road or if available, in the cyclist lane.

Plus they are cyclists.

The bridge I cross every day doesn't have a cycle lane, cyclists have to share the sidewalk with pedestrians because the bridge is too narrow. I'd get run over if I rode across it on the road.

I myself however, someone who only owns a bicycle and rides almost every day, ride on the footpath because I am respectful and aware of how god damn annoying cyclists are on the road. We have very wide footpaths so even if there's a group of 4 people walking all in a row I could get around them. Never even come close to hitting someone. I am aware though that pedestrians have right of way and if there's a narrow bit on the sidewalk due to construction (like there is at the moment), I'm cautious of pedestrians.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Now, all I need...is to find me a bridge. Big Grin

I liked this earmuffs.....''The Chronicles of Muffs.''

It would sell, you know.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
17-09-2014, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2014 08:09 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(17-09-2014 03:22 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 02:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  In Massachusetts:
  • You must obey all traffic laws and regulations of the Commonwealth.
  • You must use hand signals to let people know you plan stop or turn.
  • You must give pedestrians the right of way.
  • You must give pedestrians an audible signal before overtaking or passing them.
  • You may ride two abreast, but must facilitate passing traffic. This means riding single file when faster traffic wants to pass, or staying in the right-most lane on a multi-lane road.

Bicyclists here ignore stop signs and right of way all the time.
I had stopped at a 3-way stop and just started as a group of cyclists blew through a stop sign and rode right in front of me.
They got all huffy when I leaned on the horn and told them they ran a stop.

So I told them to go fuck themselves. I know, so unlike me. Drinking Beverage

I think the basic laws regarding cyclists are pretty much the same everywhere. Here in Wisconsin, they are basically the same as what you give for Massachusetts. I have only observed cyclist behavior here, but I suspect that's pretty much the same everywhere as well, and for the same reason -- cyclists think of themselves as pedestrians rather than vehicles, and so they act like pedestrians. Pedestrians can pretty much do what they like without fear of legal consequences, because law enforcement has bigger fish to fry. If you blow through a stop sign or red light in a car, you're at high risk of getting arrested or losing your license. Not so for pedestrians or cyclists, so they feel they can get away with it, and they're basically right. It's human nature to do what you think you can get away with (which is also why most drivers regularly break speed limits, knowing they probably won't get busted unless they overdo it).

Having said all that, I obey traffic laws when I'm cycling, because I'm a law-abiding person in general, because traffic laws in particular serve a good purpose, and because it's safer. And it bothers me when other cyclists break the law, because they give us all a bad name, and I get lots of hostility from motorists because of the behavior of other cyclists. But I can understand why they do what they do, just like I can understand why people in cars break speed limits.

No. I think they actually think they are "morally superior" to cars.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-09-2014, 06:10 PM
(17-09-2014 05:57 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Now, all I need...is to find me a bridge. Big Grin

It would sell, you know.

I was thinking the same.

Muffs get rich scheme is playing out chapter by chapter and we get to see it first. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
17-09-2014, 06:25 PM
(17-09-2014 06:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 05:57 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Now, all I need...is to find me a bridge. Big Grin

It would sell, you know.

I was thinking the same.

Muffs get rich scheme is playing out chapter by chapter and we get to see it first. Tongue

haha yes

well, he will have to dedicate his book to us, of course. since we were the inspiration behind it all.

Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
17-09-2014, 06:42 PM

It would sell, you know.

Title's not salacious enough. I'd go with "A Gay Virgin's Guide to Not Being a Cunt".

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-09-2014, 06:43 PM

It would sell, you know.

I think it would sell better if it was "The Chronicles of Muff".

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
[+] 1 user Likes Res Publica's post
17-09-2014, 08:09 PM
(17-09-2014 06:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

It would sell, you know.

Title's not salacious enough. I'd go with "A Gay Virgin's Guide to Not Being a Cunt".

Love it! And it's still going to be dedicated to us. Big Grin

(17-09-2014 06:43 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  

It would sell, you know.

I think it would sell better if it was "The Chronicles of Muff".

Earmuffs would forever be explaining..."it's a typo!"
Laugh out load

17-09-2014, 08:23 PM
This still doesn't help me with my aqueduct problem...

An aqueduct, for barges to go across a fucking huge valley... Towpath at the side, now a footpath as horsey got made redundant by some newfangled infernal contraption called "an engine", anyways... The path is only wide enough for one and a half people. Water on one side, 200 foot drop on the other... Every time I try to cross, some FUCK in a mobility scooter comes the other way! And I have to walk the whole fucking half mile back.

After it happened three times, I was visibly pissed off when an old prick came up beeping his fucking horn. BASTARD! I nearly threw him off the fucking thing. Fuck you granddad, and fuck your little vehicle, and fuck this fucking aqueduct, and fuck the people who require its existence.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
17-09-2014, 08:39 PM
(17-09-2014 08:23 PM)Sam Wrote:  This still doesn't help me with my aqueduct problem...

An aqueduct, for barges to go across a fucking huge valley... Towpath at the side, now a footpath as horsey got made redundant by some newfangled infernal contraption called "an engine", anyways... The path is only wide enough for one and a half people. Water on one side, 200 foot drop on the other... Every time I try to cross, some FUCK in a mobility scooter comes the other way! And I have to walk the whole fucking half mile back.

After it happened three times, I was visibly pissed off when an old prick came up beeping his fucking horn. BASTARD! I nearly threw him off the fucking thing. Fuck you granddad, and fuck your little vehicle, and fuck this fucking aqueduct, and fuck the people who require its existence.

Goddam cunts.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post