Walking Across Bridges 101: A life guide by Muffs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2014, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2014 10:37 PM by Free Thought.)
RE: Walking Across Bridges 101: A life guide by Muffs
(17-09-2014 05:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:All of that is perfectly in-line, except for cyclists.

Those motherfuckers ought to on the road or if available, in the cyclist lane.

Plus they are cyclists.

The bridge I cross every day doesn't have a cycle lane, cyclists have to share the sidewalk with pedestrians because the bridge is too narrow. I'd get run over if I rode across it on the road.

Here (at least in some states), cyclists are not allow to ride on the footpath; legally they have to be on the road; the breadth of the rode is irrelevant.
Unless the cyclists in question are children, they are allowed to ride on the footpath.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2014, 10:45 PM
(17-09-2014 10:33 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 05:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The bridge I cross every day doesn't have a cycle lane, cyclists have to share the sidewalk with pedestrians because the bridge is too narrow. I'd get run over if I rode across it on the road.

Here (at least in some states), cyclists are not allow to ride on the footpath; legally they have to be on the road; the breadth of the rode is irrelevant.
Unless the cyclists in question are children, they are allowed to ride on the footpath.

I'd say that's an insane law, but then again, some cities in Ontario have bylaws to the same effect.

But it's pretty simple regardless. Obey traffic rules if you're on the road and pedestrian rules if you're on the path. I'm not sure what about this manages to confuse people, but I've certainly encountered a few who seemed a little confused...

... this is my signature!
17-09-2014, 11:28 PM
What! Muffs is coming to America and he is leaving Australia because people dinning out don't know how to walk on bridges, WTF!

Welcome to America Muffs. You will like it here, especially if you chose to live in California. Take your time though. We need to prepare.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
17-09-2014, 11:45 PM
This guide is incomplete. There is no mention of what to do when encountering dog walkers or when one wishes to walk their own dog.
18-09-2014, 12:21 AM
(17-09-2014 10:45 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 10:33 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Here (at least in some states), cyclists are not allow to ride on the footpath; legally they have to be on the road; the breadth of the rode is irrelevant.

I'd say that's an insane law, but then again, some cities in Ontario have bylaws to the same effect.

But it's pretty simple regardless. Obey traffic rules if you're on the road and pedestrian rules if you're on the path. I'm not sure what about this manages to confuse people, but I've certainly encountered a few who seemed a little confused...

I'll be honest, I don't see much insanity to it...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-09-2014, 12:41 AM
(17-09-2014 10:33 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-09-2014 05:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The bridge I cross every day doesn't have a cycle lane, cyclists have to share the sidewalk with pedestrians because the bridge is too narrow. I'd get run over if I rode across it on the road.

It's the same here but I ride on the footpath anyway. I've ridden past so many cops I've lost count. It's just one of those laws that isn't enforced.
There are sections though that are pedestrian and cyclist shared such as the bridge I cross every day and things like some scenic tracks.

Quote:What! Muffs is coming to America and he is leaving Australia because people dinning out don't know how to walk on bridges, WTF!

Welcome to America Muffs. You will like it here, especially if you chose to live in California. Take your time though. We need to prepare.

Call me an Australian one more time..

[Image: roll-up-sleeves.jpg]

Quote:This guide is incomplete. There is no mention of what to do when encountering dog walkers or when one wishes to walk their own dog.

This is a valid point. Dogs are banned from the CBD though so I never see dog walkers on the bridge (as it leads to the CBD) so I am not well versed in this area.

Also, in my experience dog walkers are always very polite. I've never had a problem with them.

[Image: oscar.png]
18-09-2014, 12:52 AM
Come and live in Switzerland for a few months. You'll hate fucking cyclists.
18-09-2014, 01:39 AM
(17-09-2014 06:43 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  I think it would sell better if it was "The Chronicles of Muff".

Muff Story.

Smile

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
18-09-2014, 03:33 AM
Oops! New Zealand. Gasp

I'm only 1,500 k off.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
18-09-2014, 03:41 AM
(18-09-2014 12:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Call me an Australian one more time..

Fuckin' Kiwi... Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]