Walking Dead Adventure Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Walking Dead Adventure Game
Interesting game and contains a few moral dilemma's. Makes me wonder if game designers are exploiting this to gather statistics and probe the psyche of the general public...

Wouldn't surprise me much if this was true. Though to be fair that info is probably already known and well studied anyway.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2012, 02:55 PM
RE: Walking Dead Adventure Game
(13-07-2012 08:55 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Interesting game and contains a few moral dilemma's. Makes me wonder if game designers are exploiting this to gather statistics and probe the psyche of the general public...

Wouldn't surprise me much if this was true. Though to be fair that info is probably already known and well studied anyway.
I picked Doug.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
13-07-2012, 09:40 PM
You talking about the cel-shaded multi-episode Walking Dead? I been loving that game. Wish they didn't wait so long in between episodes, I mean I already paid the full amount so what are they hoping for? I like the time limit to the decisions, doesn't let you weigh the pros and cons, just like in real life.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
14-07-2012, 09:01 AM
There's a video game based off the best TV series ever?

errrr.. I'm always skeptical of video games based off movies, they're never any good. (With the exception of a select few)

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
14-07-2012, 09:55 AM
The one for home consoles is actually pretty sweet. I'm saying this as someone who typically detests QuickTime events in games. This game is all about choices and quick time. Somehow they make it engaging and fun. So much so I actually played through both episodes twice already. Just to see the difference in gameplay with different choices.

Is this the game you guys are talking about or is it the one on the AMC website? Or is there yet another one I have not hear of? Details people!

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-07-2012, 10:17 AM
(14-07-2012 09:55 AM)lucradis Wrote:  The one for home consoles is actually pretty sweet. I'm saying this as someone who typically detests QuickTime events in games. This game is all about choices and quick time. Somehow they make it engaging and fun. So much so I actually played through both episodes twice already. Just to see the difference in gameplay with different choices.

Is this the game you guys are talking about or is it the one on the AMC website? Or is there yet another one I have not hear of? Details people!
Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about. It's based on the tv series but with a different set of characters.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
14-07-2012, 11:32 AM
It's excellent. Also so is the one for the AMC website, though to a much lesser degree. Oddly, I'm not a big fan of the show.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
14-07-2012, 11:33 AM
That is Odd.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
14-07-2012, 11:59 AM
(14-07-2012 11:33 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  That is Odd.
You're odd. Also if you want an intriguing book series try: The Odd Thomas series by Koontz .

14-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Indeed, this is ALL very odd. I despise the show (it's a stereotypical multicultural "action" show with no action, like Lost with zombies), also hate games based after moves and shows (but this one is one of those exceptions, like the Batman games), and also love the Odd Thomas series. The WD games are a series of quick moral decisions (usually the wrong ones) designed to make you realize that there IS no correct choice sometimes. It plays just like a Sam and Max or a Monkey Island game (it is a Telltale game) and is pretty much a Choose Your Own Adventure book. It's only 5 bucks an episode (on consoles) or 25 bucks for all 5 (on PC).

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."