Walking Dead fans here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Wink Walking Dead fans here?
Any people watch the show? Any fans? or at least people that sometimes watch it as a "guilty pleasure"?

Or do people see it as symptom of cultural decline? Smile

Personally.... love the show. Not to say that it doesn't have it flaws, but its my favorite.

And this is one benefit to joining the board (I like lots of entertainment and cultural stuff but can't find a lot conversation on some of the Christian theological boards that I normally would inhabit).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2014, 10:27 AM
RE: Walking Dead fans here?
There are plenty here, myself included

Atir aissom atir imon
29-07-2014, 10:55 AM
(29-07-2014 10:27 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  There are plenty here, myself included

Cool.

Spoiler Alert for those watching on Netflix streaming, DVD and other similar places...

My own personal theory about Terminus..... I think it may revolve around this in some way some way vs. the typical cannibal theories I've heard online.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminus_%28god%29
29-07-2014, 11:01 AM
I think the spoiler tag works on this site:

(spoiler)spoiler text (/spoiler) with brackets instead of parentheses

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
29-07-2014, 11:03 AM
(29-07-2014 10:55 AM)Addai Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 10:27 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  There are plenty here, myself included

Cool.

Spoiler Alert for those watching on Netflix streaming, DVD and other similar places...

My own personal theory about Terminus..... I think it may revolve around this in some way some way vs. the typical cannibal theories I've heard online.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminus_%28god%29

Hmm

I think thats possible. I tend to stick with Terminus meaning "end of the road" which was to hopefully signify the end of their struggle...obviously that was wrong....plus cannibals Tongue
29-07-2014, 01:00 PM
Love the Walking Dead, saw a trailer last week, Beth doesn't get eaten.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
29-07-2014, 02:06 PM
(29-07-2014 01:00 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Love the Walking Dead, saw a trailer last week, Beth doesn't get eaten.

I may have to look at that. Was debating whether to watch some of those trailers vs. seeing it fresh. But they leak so much stuff in commercials and promotions that I think I might as well go watch them.

I think my hypothesis on her was that she was captured by some kind of creepy serial killer or other similar type and that she was going to be his victim or forced to be his bride....
29-07-2014, 06:04 PM
Here's the trailer for season 5:

Although we clearly see Beth in the end at what appears to be a prison (or breeding farm, perhaps), it's possible that those scenes are a flashback and her actual status is far worse No

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
29-07-2014, 06:27 PM
OK that does look really good.

It's interesting it looks like they might be joining forces with the Termites even though they don't trust them. (Kind of expected a more obvious us vs. them conflict like what they had with the Governor).

Now with Beth. I was kind of on the right track, but that looks a bit more like a plot line of the reinvisioned Battle Star Galactica with Starbuck..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0519788/
29-07-2014, 10:09 PM
Do you guys think that Beth is somewhere in Terminus that we have not seen yet, or possibly a completely different location? Like maybe some other people we don't know about yet took her.