Walls of text in OPs

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-01-2015, 11:23 PM
RE: Walls of text in OPs
(15-01-2015 11:18 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I have an idea. Can the admins create a page called "The Bridge" so the moron trolls who want to do the shotgun style garbage can be sent there? That way they can post their presuppositional nonsense, we can ignore it easily, and then we can actually have meaningful discussions with people. It would also give people like Gordo, Alphasperm, and mmmoron, a place to hang out and discuss new religions and quantum mechanics. Any thoughts?

I don’t know how that would work, it looks like someone would have to relocate posts and that would screw up the works.

BTW Gordo has been banned, he now reigns over his own tiny kingdom.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2015, 11:55 PM
You mad cause you ain't Veridican.
[+] 3 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
16-01-2015, 12:28 AM
If it is more then one or two small paragraphs. I am usually too lazy to read it all.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
16-01-2015, 12:57 AM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2015 01:21 AM by gofish!.)
Sorry...dupe post due to phone edit fail. Sad

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
16-01-2015, 01:06 AM
(15-01-2015 06:59 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Ya, I see a wall o' text from a n00b, and I be all, "get me some ice cream, Bitch!"

[Image: hYXKE2SGWmYIU.gif]

I'm sorry but anybody who "likes" this post needs cognitive behavioural therapy.

Damn Stark, it's 6:50am here and I have not got the constitution for such gifs......

Rainbow Vomit

Seriously though, although I agree this is almost always an offence to the eye and the hallmark of hubris and n00bs, I am conscious that I have made large posts; my post of "Egoism", which was a short article, well structured (says my tutor) and relevant to the discussion (it actually won a special commendation fro my Uni).

So do we ban all such "wailing walls" or do we take each on its merits?

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 3 users Like gofish!'s post
16-01-2015, 01:17 AM
(16-01-2015 01:06 AM)gofish! Wrote:  So do we ban all such "wailing walls" or do we take each on its merits?

Is OK. We just TL; DR you Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
16-01-2015, 01:33 AM
(16-01-2015 01:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-01-2015 01:06 AM)gofish! Wrote:  So do we ban all such "wailing walls" or do we take each on its merits?

Is OK. We just TL; DR you Smile

Yeah! I get that all the time Weeping

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
16-01-2015, 01:33 AM
(16-01-2015 01:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-01-2015 01:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  Is OK. We just TL; DR you Smile

Yeah! I get that all the time Weeping

tl;dr

Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
16-01-2015, 01:34 AM
(16-01-2015 01:06 AM)gofish! Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 06:59 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Ya, I see a wall o' text from a n00b, and I be all, "get me some ice cream, Bitch!"

[Image: hYXKE2SGWmYIU.gif]

I'm sorry but anybody who "likes" this post needs cognitive behavioural therapy.

Damn Stark, it's 6:50am here and I have not got the constitution for such gifs......

Rainbow Vomit

Seriously though, although I agree this is almost always an offence to the eye and the hallmark of hubris and n00bs, I am conscious that I have made large posts; my post of "Egoism", which was a short article, well structured (says my tutor) and relevant to the discussion (it actually won a special commendation fro my Uni).

So do we ban all such "wailing walls" or do we take each on its merits?

We look at the individal, content, and other shit...

We don't just ban for long posts. Because we have an ever constant revolving door of theists who think they've all got the best arugment that no one has ever heard before Drinking Beverage

Some that's come here, Mozart Link, made long rambling posts that were nothing but aphasia riddled rants that amounted to nothing more than bloviating mental masturbation.

So there's that. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-01-2015, 01:36 AM
(15-01-2015 08:12 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 07:44 PM)pablo Wrote:  Deepak is that you?!

Impenetrability will not allow two things to occupy the same space. One will rule over the other. "Intellect or emotion? Which is to be master?", that's all.

God is the Self. You are the one using it on loan to develop your own as an inheritance. I wish not to squander it. I don't want to upset Humpty with a wall that cannot be climbed, so I'll stop here.

Would you look at that? Another dumb fuck who think's the words he has strung together actually have meaning. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 1371663322234012.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]