Walls of text in OPs

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16-01-2015, 01:43 AM
RE: Walls of text in OPs
(16-01-2015 01:36 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 08:12 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  Impenetrability will not allow two things to occupy the same space. One will rule over the other. "Intellect or emotion? Which is to be master?", that's all.

God is the Self. You are the one using it on loan to develop your own as an inheritance. I wish not to squander it. I don't want to upset Humpty with a wall that cannot be climbed, so I'll stop here.

Would you look at that? Another dumb fuck who think's the words he has strung together actually have meaning. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 1371663322234012.jpg]

I couldn't agree more. But you're talking about clarity, not length. A well written article is designed to be readable.

So, size is important....but not everything. Wink

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like gofish!'s post
16-01-2015, 08:42 AM
(15-01-2015 11:23 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  BTW Gordo has been banned, he now reigns over his own tiny kingdom.

I knew he was hit with the ban hammer and now is seated at the right hand of the Holy spook. I was more thinking of folks like him. I was just a thought of a way to put all the turds in the same punchbowl.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
16-01-2015, 08:59 AM
We need a troll-free zone. FPS, even the Coffeehouse isn't safe anymore.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
16-01-2015, 09:12 AM
(16-01-2015 08:42 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(15-01-2015 11:23 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  BTW Gordo has been banned, he now reigns over his own tiny kingdom.

I knew he was hit with the ban hammer and now is seated at the right hand of the Holy spook. I was more thinking of folks like him. I was just a thought of a way to put all the turds in the same punchbowl.

OK. But how do you know who is who until the deluge of crap comes down the line? We already have a No Spam rule.

Right now I think mmhm123 is getting really close to breaking it but that isn’t my call, the belongs to MSBB and The Starkbanhammerfuhrer.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
16-01-2015, 09:21 AM
9 times out of 10, it's a theist who posts these epic OPs.

For the simple reason that if they don't say everything in the first post, they'll never get everything said.

It might also be a tactic for confirming their own beliefs... Write an excessively long OP, that nobody can be arsed to read. When no-one responds, they take it as proof that we have no counter argument.

If they really want to engage us in debate, they should create separate threads for their points (without spamming). And keep the OP to paragraph or two.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
16-01-2015, 10:13 AM
(16-01-2015 08:59 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  We need a troll-free zone. FPS, even the Coffeehouse isn't safe anymore.

We have one.

The Coffeehouse is not a troll-free zone. Beware scalding!

Wink

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
16-01-2015, 11:59 AM
Hafnof's just done an epic post on Personal Issues. Sometimes it's the right answer.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
16-01-2015, 01:35 PM
(16-01-2015 11:59 AM)gofish! Wrote:  Hafnof's just done an epic post on Personal Issues. Sometimes it's the right answer.

Yeah, but his post wasn't the OP, now, was it?
Cool

... this is my signature!
16-01-2015, 02:56 PM
(16-01-2015 10:13 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(16-01-2015 08:59 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  We need a troll-free zone. FPS, even the Coffeehouse isn't safe anymore.

We have one.

The Coffeehouse is not a troll-free zone. Beware scalding!

Wink

Aren't he only troll-free zones the intro section and PI&S?

Very specific things go into those areas. What about the rest of us that want to talk and not be trolled? Did I miss another memo?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
16-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Troll free zone...on an Internet forum Laughat

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 8 users Like Losty's post