Walter Becker dies at 67

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2017, 08:09 PM
RE: Walter Becker dies at 67
When I was in college studying media production, many years ago, I had a Tuesday afternoon radio show. I always put a Steely Dan song in there somewhere.

Fare thee well, Walter. Weeping

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
06-09-2017, 02:01 PM
Sad day. Steely Dan was probably my favorite band for several years in the late 70s/early 80s, and is still among my favorite bands today.

They had so many great songs that it's hard to pick a favorite, but I like this one:

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
06-09-2017, 07:07 PM
(06-09-2017 02:01 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Sad day. Steely Dan was probably my favorite band for several years in the late 70s/early 80s, and is still among my favorite bands today.

They had so many great songs that it's hard to pick a favorite, but I like this one:

... and that's Walter on the guitar solo -- unusual for the Dan, who most often brought in session players for that sort of job. It's one of my favorites, too.
06-09-2017, 07:30 PM
I know this thread has been up for a bit but when I saw it just now I processed it as "Boris Becker just died." And I was like, wow, he can't be that old can he? Such a good tennis player!
07-09-2017, 09:04 AM
(06-09-2017 07:07 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(06-09-2017 02:01 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Sad day. Steely Dan was probably my favorite band for several years in the late 70s/early 80s, and is still among my favorite bands today.

... and that's Walter on the guitar solo -- unusual for the Dan, who most often brought in session players for that sort of job. It's one of my favorites, too.

Wow, I didn't know that. It is a tasty solo, and one of the reasons I like that song so much. But I didn't know he played it. I knew he did the one on "Josie" (also tasty).
07-09-2017, 02:37 PM
Dude was like Jesus is Buddha before it was cool. Big Grin

Not a lot of Walter in this one. He would like that. .... 'Cause Buddha and shit.

#sigh