Want a Canadian Swag Bag?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2015, 06:34 PM
RE: Want a Canadian Swag Bag?
Baloney. Whatever your buddy doesn't give to you, he sells. They can it and sell it to me. Tongue

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2015, 06:34 PM
(06-08-2015 06:33 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Pfft. Real maple syrup doesn't come in cans. It comes in unmarked jugs from your buddy who's got the taps set in his backwoods lot.

I think you are thinking of Moonshine.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-08-2015, 06:41 PM
(06-08-2015 06:34 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 06:33 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Pfft. Real maple syrup doesn't come in cans. It comes in unmarked jugs from your buddy who's got the taps set in his backwoods lot.

I think you are thinking of Moonshine.

Incidentally, syrup works just fine as a substitute for molasses in traditional fermentation and distillation recipes.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
06-08-2015, 07:00 PM

I've gotten it in jars from a Mennonite farmer in Ontario. Excellent quality.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-08-2015, 07:54 PM
Forget maple syrup... We make plenty of that here in Michigan... (I had a bad year, an only made 20 gallons this year)....

We could use some McMasters blended whiskey - and some back bacon though....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
06-08-2015, 09:18 PM
I'm going to Canada tomorrow, should I just pick it up in person and save you the shipping? Consider

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
06-08-2015, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2015 09:41 PM by LadyJane.)
(06-08-2015 05:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 04:13 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Yup, sure can!

ETA: Though it would be fun to team up and see what different stuff we send the recipient.

I am already sad. I cannot send REAL Canadian bacon, bagged milk or fresh hot steamy poutine. Sad

You could deliver it in person? Consider

I would love to… part of that shipping budget stipulation thing, I'd be the first to go. I would be the full package though. DroolingAngelBlushShy Ha ha.

(06-08-2015 06:04 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  That's the stuff. I have that can in my fridge as we speak.

I did too, but I just used the last of it on my ice-cream last night. Sad Sadness.

Yup, have that too.

(06-08-2015 06:34 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Baloney. Whatever your buddy doesn't give to you, he sells. They can it and sell it to me. Tongue

Oh ya. Your 'friend' sells stuff, eh?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/m...-1.1266012

(06-08-2015 09:18 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I'm going to Canada tomorrow, should I just pick it up in person and save you the shipping? Consider

Yeah… bring your map. I will be a few hundred or so KM from any urban centre this weekend Shy

If we're all talking syrup, I have to note that my favourite is the grade A dark amber. Most people think that's disgusting but OMG when that hits my mouth. Drooling
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
06-08-2015, 09:38 PM
Ha ha, by the looks of this thread, anyone who has signed up can be sure that any Canadian that sends a little care package will be guaranteed a bunch of maple product of the finest, yet passionately and diversely opinionated, quality.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
06-08-2015, 09:53 PM
A question for all the lovers of canned maple syrup: I happen to have a can of Canadian maple syrup, but I've been afraid to use it.

If I don't use it all at once, Whats the best way store it afterwards with the can open?

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
06-08-2015, 09:58 PM
(06-08-2015 09:53 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  A question for all the lovers of canned maple syrup: I happen to have a can of Canadian maple syrup, but I've been afraid to use it.

If I don't use it all at once, Whats the best way store it afterwards with the can open?

If you're paranoid? Inside some sort of airtight-ish container. Humidity is more of a problem than temperature.

It's like honey, though - it keeps pretty much forever.

... this is my signature!