Want a Canadian Swag Bag?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2015, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2015 11:18 PM by Astreja.)
RE: Want a Canadian Swag Bag?
(14-08-2015 08:31 AM)Reducetarian Wrote:  As a Canadian, may I suggest that you might also want to include:
  • a Coffee Crisp
  • Nanaimo bars (the regular kind, not those mint abominations)
  • a tuque (des Glorieux Habs, de preference Smile )
  • a box of KD
  • a bilingual cereal box
  • a bottle of screech
  • a looney and a toonie, of course (at this rate they won't be worth much anyways)
  • our sadly obsolete alternate currency: Canadian Tire Money (just check your junk drawer)

Bolded items are either currently in the house or have been here very recently.

I don't have a Canadiens tuque, but I *do* have a Rocket Richard action figure (currently staging a high-sticking assault on My Silver Surfer action figure No ). I also have a copy of the children's book The Hockey Sweater by Roch Carrier.

May I suggest a collection of Canadian animation? I recommend "Getting Started," "The Cat Came Back," "The Sweater" (based on the Roch Carrier book), and in particular "The Big Snit." Oh, and some episodes of Reboot: "Wizards, Warriors and a Word From Our Sponsor" and "Talent Night."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
15-08-2015, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2015 05:20 PM by Reducetarian.)
I DEFINITELY second "The Sweater", a book essential to understanding Canadians' religious devotion to hockey.
I always laugh when I see American sports stars thanking Jesus for a great game, as if god had something to do with their winning touchdown.
In Canada, that doesn't make sense at all: hockey IS the religion, so referring to a god external to hockey is redundant. This may explain why religion is very rarely mentioned by Canadian politicians (except in the case of religious fundamentalism abroad) and certainly never cited, either directly or indirectly, as a basis for policy.

I would also include, depending on the recipient, a selection from EITHER

Anne of Green Gables OR
Trailer Park Boys

to cover both ends of the viewership spectrum

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
Find all posts by this user
15-08-2015, 05:03 PM
Can I have a Canadian? If so, do I get to pick which one?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
27-08-2015, 11:50 PM
Ok, my swag bag is almost ready. LJ, do you tell me who to send it to? How does this magical selection process take place?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
27-08-2015, 11:54 PM
(27-08-2015 11:50 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  How does this magical selection process take place?

What part of magical don't you understand?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
29-08-2015, 02:54 AM
Fuck. I ate the ketchup chips.

.....the coffee crisp may be next.

The BC bud was the first to go. Smokin

On second thought, no rush LadyJ. There's a few things I gotta pick up before it's ready.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
29-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Gasp Starks bag comes with BC bud?? Drooling

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
29-08-2015, 01:04 PM
I'd take a swag bag if you need someone to pick. Don't think I've ever had real maple syrup that I can recall. I'm not huge on syrup though, so you should send me some of that dark stuff, it sounds interesting. Consider

I'd be happy to send back a Kansas swag bag, though it might take me a minute to come up with enough stuff that is authentically "Kansan" enough to send. I'm pretty sure the world's largest ball of twine would be too expensive to ship. Facepalm

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
29-08-2015, 01:34 PM
(29-08-2015 01:04 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I'd take a swag bag if you need someone to pick. Don't think I've ever had real maple syrup that I can recall. I'm not huge on syrup though, so you should send me some of that dark stuff, it sounds interesting. Consider

I'd be happy to send back a Kansas swag bag, though it might take me a minute to come up with enough stuff that is authentically "Kansan" enough to send. I'm pretty sure the world's largest ball of twine would be too expensive to ship. Facepalm

Kansas City Steaks‎. Drooling

Sunflower seeds?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2015, 08:22 PM
(29-08-2015 01:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-08-2015 01:04 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I'd take a swag bag if you need someone to pick. Don't think I've ever had real maple syrup that I can recall. I'm not huge on syrup though, so you should send me some of that dark stuff, it sounds interesting. Consider

Kansas City Steaks‎. Drooling

Sunflower seeds?

I can't imagine a steak shipping well, and sunflower seeds are.....seeds. Although when salted they are tasty.

Maybe I'll just send a plane ticket and show you first hand the beauty of where I live. I can't send it in a box, you gotta experience it firsthand. That steak has to be fresh! Drooling

Big Grin

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco