Wanted to be Able to Say What I Really Feel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2013, 09:59 AM
RE: Wanted to be Able to Say What I Really Feel
Good morning Peanut - glad you've found a place to relax and get a secular perspective.

It is enough of a struggle just raising a kid amongst all the conflicting crap going on within the mainstream today. Having it seep into the inner circle of the family dynamic can really confuse and even manipulate ideas evolving in those new little noggins. It's good you're looking for some neutral ideas and feedback.

There are other cultures and languages out there and the subtle reinforcement of these can offset the not-always-so-subtle barrage of religious expectations. It's like a tennis game; he's gonna toss you a ball so you've got to toss it back otherwise, he'll find someone else to play with. He's doing this so he can be a better player; he wants to learn, help him. A sneeze is greatest curiosity opportunity in the world!! The next time he sneezes say, "gesundheit" - he'll ask... so, be prepared to stay one step ahead - you might find yourself learning right along with your kid. Wink

A lot of what you can do is to always keep the lines of communication open - that way the kid can learn from you and you can keep tabs on what he's getting from elsewhere - you already know that. Continual reinforcement of a diverse perspective can help your young one find his own way in the world and build a secure autonomy.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wanted to be Able to Say What I Really Feel - kim - 05-02-2013 09:59 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Just wanted to say hello, I'm Lemon. Lemonvariable72 26 536 02-01-2014 03:19 PM
Last Post: Momsurroundedbyboys
  An agnostic atheist who once wanted to be a minister ReadAndConsider 4 238 25-05-2013 09:09 AM
Last Post: HU.Junyuan
  Just what you wanted... another newbie Noelani 25 1,198 26-03-2012 10:50 PM
Last Post: LadyJane