Wanting to choke the next Christian I meet.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2015, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2015 04:56 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Wanting to choke the next Christian I meet.
This was posted to a FaceBook site I frequent, in response to something I said. This pastor makes me want to choke the next Christian I meet... since I'm not sure I can reach him. But I really, really, really want to do violence to this man right now.

I work with an HIV/AIDS clinic as a volunteer; have done this for years, since I lost a good friend in the early 90s. I am so angry right now I believe I would literally do violence if one of these Christard assholes said the wrong thing to me right now.

Like... "hello".

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
15-07-2015, 04:55 PM
RE: Wanting to choke the next Christian I meet.
It's amazing what they are allowed to get away with in the name of their faith.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
15-07-2015, 05:03 PM
(15-07-2015 04:53 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  This was posted to a FaceBook site I frequent, in response to something I said. This pastor makes me want to choke the next Christian I meet... since I'm not sure I can reach him. But I really, really, really want to do violence to this man right now.

I work with an HIV/AIDS clinic as a volunteer; have done this for years, since I lost a good friend in the early 90s. I am so angry right now I believe I would literally do violence if one of these Christard assholes said the wrong thing to me right now.

Like... "hello".

I'll be glad to pm you my former sibling's address. He believes gays are totally responsible for the extreme rise in health care cost, because AIDS. He's the perfect candidate.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
15-07-2015, 05:15 PM
I'm still watching this awful video... it gets worse, and worse, and worse.

All I can do is fantasize about baseball bats and this preacher's knees.

It's now showing 1940s/50s anti-homosexual propaganda videos that suggest they are pedophiles.

I'm not a violent person by nature, but I am seeing so red right now that I can barely type.

I can't stand it. I can't STAND it! I am hurting my teeth from grinding them together. Bat. Bat. Bat. Bat. BAT.

Dogdamnit I want to hurt these people. I don't like having to feel like this, but it makes me angrier knowing people like this get to wear the veil of Goodly Priest and be heroes of their little communities than it does to know there are (actual) pedophiles out there.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
15-07-2015, 05:24 PM
For those who didn't watch it... that "seascape painting" behind him is the type found, painted by prisoners, on the walls of almost every prison chapel in the USA. He's a prison chaplain.

That asshole is preaching this stuff to prisoners in a prison chapel service. Under state pay.

To people who will now leave the service with murder in their hearts for both gays and the AIDS patients in the prison population.

15-07-2015, 05:37 PM
WHY MUST WE ATHEISTS HATE CHRISTIAN LOVE SO!

.... I mean, granted, we never really gave consent for these Christians to love us like this, but...

(Okay, let's be fair here. This kind of hateful, bigoted Christianity is not entirely representative of all Christians. Maybe 50%. It's just representative of the Christians who actually give enough of a shit about changing the world to say stuff from a broadcast studio rather than from a pulpit microphone.)
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
15-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Just finished the video.

I can't believe he got away with that. I'd heard of chaplains saying stuff like that (usually reported by HIV+ gay persons I knew in population, since I was "out" as an atheist and they knew I was a volunteer with an AIDS Support Organization on the street before I was locked up, making me one of the few they could talk to about such stuff) in their sermons, but I didn't go to the chapels so I never got to witness it. Even my curiosity after hearing those stories of bigoted preachers wasn't enough to make me want to go in there.

Glad I didn't. I'd have killed that guy for sure. Life sentence for me.

According to the video, he's out in Arizona. Only state outside the Deep South that tries to outdo the rest of the bigot-states in the USA.

[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
15-07-2015, 08:50 PM
Completely ignorant and hate-filled. Just. Wow.

They love quoting Deuteronomy 28--one of the most telling passages about God's vile character in the entire Bible. Doesn't it bother them in the least that they are glorifying a being who says they will send plagues and diseases (among other horrors) out into the world if you don't worship them?
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
15-07-2015, 10:23 PM
(15-07-2015 05:03 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I'll be glad to pm you my former sibling's address. He believes gays are totally responsible for the extreme rise in health care cost, because AIDS. He's the perfect candidate.

Uh, yeah he is. Don't tempt me. I already did enough time.

16-07-2015, 01:34 AM
(15-07-2015 10:23 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(15-07-2015 05:03 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I'll be glad to pm you my former sibling's address. He believes gays are totally responsible for the extreme rise in health care cost, because AIDS. He's the perfect candidate.

Uh, yeah he is. Don't tempt me. I already did enough time.
A lot of Christians are a little off due to the excessive manipulation of the new testament. It is a shame. A unity will be made by all eventually. Including religious and non believers. There is indeed a higher power. It is in all of us and all of creation. The only problem is that evil is in us all as well.