Wanting to choke the next Christian I meet.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2015, 02:19 AM
RE: Wanting to choke the next Christian I meet.
(16-07-2015 01:34 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  There is indeed a higher power. It is in all of us and all of creation. The only problem is that evil is in us all as well.

Citation required.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Peebothuhul's post
16-07-2015, 02:21 AM
(16-07-2015 02:19 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 01:34 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  There is indeed a higher power. It is in all of us and all of creation. The only problem is that evil is in us all as well.

Citation required.
What is it you want me to cite? Another man's word?
16-07-2015, 02:23 AM
(16-07-2015 02:21 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What is it you want me to cite? Another man's word?

Oh...

References to any such 'Higher power'?

Pointers to its locations 'In all of creation'?

Yes

Much cheers to all.
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
16-07-2015, 02:27 AM
(16-07-2015 02:23 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 02:21 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What is it you want me to cite? Another man's word?

Oh...

Yes

Much cheers to all.
Well let's see here... If it is all creation then it is in all creation. Consider it The good side of your conscience if you prefer. Can you honestly say that there is no higher power than yourself? Where you directly responsible for the Universe and all things within it?
16-07-2015, 02:28 AM
(16-07-2015 02:27 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 02:23 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Oh...

Yes

Much cheers to all.
Well let's see here... If it is all creation then it is in all creation. Consider it The good side of your conscience if you prefer. Can you honestly say that there is no higher power than yourself? Where you directly responsible for the Universe and all things within it?
Before anyone goes off the deep end. Again I am not a Christian, technically.
16-07-2015, 02:43 AM
(16-07-2015 02:28 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 02:27 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Well let's see here... If it is all creation then it is in all creation. Consider it The good side of your conscience if you prefer. Can you honestly say that there is no higher power than yourself? Where you directly responsible for the Universe and all things within it?
Before anyone goes off the deep end. Again I am not a Christian, technically.

Don't really care, Christian or any woo believe. There is no justification that holds up to any small scrutiny of there being any "higher power" in the way people speak of higher power.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-07-2015, 03:21 AM
A fully armed A10 with its sights on me is a higher power.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
16-07-2015, 03:42 AM
(16-07-2015 02:27 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 02:23 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Oh...

Yes

Much cheers to all.
Well let's see here... If it is all creation then it is in all creation.

No. 1: You have not proven there to be a creator yet
No. 2: you have not shown there to have been a 'creation' yet either.

(16-07-2015 02:27 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Consider it The good side of your conscience if you prefer. Can you honestly say that there is no higher power than yourself?

Until you define 'power', all I can tell you is that my conscience is certainly not above the rest of me; I can obey or disobey it at my leisure.

(16-07-2015 02:27 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Where you directly responsible for the Universe and all things within it?

Who's to say I am not?
Is it not possible that 'I' may have willed the universe into existence or into conformity with my desires without my knowing so? Perhaps the universe itself is nothing more than my imaging of a universe: all of you are naught but creations of my own mind? Or I a product of yours.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
16-07-2015, 03:53 AM
(16-07-2015 02:27 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Well let's see here... If it is all creation then it is in all creation. Consider it The good side of your conscience if you prefer.

My conscience is not a higher power, it's the result of my upbringing and all factors that influenced it: my parents, my education, my friends, random strangers, reading online, and much more.

(16-07-2015 02:27 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Can you honestly say that there is no higher power than yourself?

Well, it hasn't been shown to objectively exist.

(16-07-2015 02:27 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Where you directly responsible for the Universe and all things within it?

I assume you mean "did you cause it into existence" here.

Is sentience responsible for the Earth's rotation? Things can happen because of "unconscious" causes. Not everything that happens is because someone did something that caused it.

So why think that some higher power created the universe? There is no reason to believe so.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
16-07-2015, 04:11 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2015 04:16 AM by Peebothuhul.)
At work.

Thank you for reply.

As has been posted, your reply is pretty much a 'Non-answer'. My conciousness is no more responsible for affecting reality than I can push clouds with my thoughts.

Nothing else you posted actually referanced anything.

More/next?

Much cheers to all