Wanting to choke the next Christian I meet.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2015, 04:41 AM
RE: Wanting to choke the next Christian I meet.
A higher power. It is higher up, and it has loads of power. And sounds like: ROAR BANG BANG BANG BOOM! CRASH CRASH KEPERRRR RAWLLLLLLL VROOM DUM DUM DUM
[Image: A-10-gun.jpeg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
16-07-2015, 08:34 AM
The polyglot atheist
Your conscience is hardwired into you prior to birth. The things you cited can however adjust your views.

Once again, do you claim to be more powerful than the Earth, gravity, stars, ect.? That's a little silly.

Please don't assume my meaning. Everything has a preordained path throughout the Universe. We humans are the only ones blessed with such opportunity to manipulate our path. Who said anything about someone? How could all existence be the cause of someone as opposed to something.

Do you need a reason to know that you personally are incapable of creating a universe? Do you really have to know the very origins of the Universe to understand that it's magnificence is outside of your understanding to some degree? Really, is that your argument?
16-07-2015, 08:40 AM
(16-07-2015 04:41 AM)Banjo Wrote:  A higher power. It is higher up, and it has loads of power. And sounds like: ROAR BANG BANG BANG BOOM! CRASH CRASH KEPERRRR RAWLLLLLLL VROOM DUM DUM DUM
[Image: A-10-gun.jpeg]
A10s are freak in bad to the bone man. A great example of good works by man. Too bad it's used to bring pain.
(16-07-2015 03:53 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 02:27 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Well let's see here... If it is all creation then it is in all creation. Consider it The good side of your conscience if you prefer.

My conscience is not a higher power, it's the result of my upbringing and all factors that influenced it: my parents, my education, my friends, random strangers, reading online, and much more.

(16-07-2015 02:27 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Can you honestly say that there is no higher power than yourself?

Well, it hasn't been shown to objectively exist.

(16-07-2015 02:27 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Where you directly responsible for the Universe and all things within it?

I assume you mean "did you cause it into existence" here.

Is sentience responsible for the Earth's rotation? Things can happen because of "unconscious" causes. Not everything that happens is because someone did something that caused it.

So why think that some higher power created the universe? There is no reason to believe so.
16-07-2015, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2015 11:32 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(16-07-2015 08:34 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The polyglot atheist
Your conscience is hardwired into you prior to birth. The things you cited can however adjust your views.

Once again, do you claim to be more powerful than the Earth, gravity, stars, ect.? That's a little silly.

Please don't assume my meaning. Everything has a preordained path throughout the Universe. We humans are the only ones blessed with such opportunity to manipulate our path. Who said anything about someone? How could all existence be the cause of someone as opposed to something.

Do you need a reason to know that you personally are incapable of creating a universe? Do you really have to know the very origins of the Universe to understand that it's magnificence is outside of your understanding to some degree? Really, is that your argument?

Lots of opinion and base-less assertions there.

"Everything has a preordained path throughout the Universe."

Based on.......

Consider hmmmmmm we dont understand the universe sooooooo GOD. Too bad we can trace all gods back to their creator: MAN. Man created god in his own image, and it takes just a wee bit of intelligence to discern that from the evidence at hand.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
16-07-2015, 09:11 AM
What the fuck just happened here, in this thread!?!?

Ugh, I just chopped a friend off my Facebook because he wouldn't stop with that "everything has a purpose" and "universal spirit behind the invisible curtain" and "preordained path" bullshit.

The only thing that's worse than a fundie Christian/Muslim is a hippie-dippie spiritualist, and the only thing worse than that is a combination of those things. Ugh!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
16-07-2015, 09:16 AM
Based on observation. Everything from the smallest most simple single celled organisms, to the earth, solar systems, galaxies has a path. No I never said God as I know it is a man or anything like a man.
16-07-2015, 09:17 AM
(16-07-2015 09:16 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Based on observation. Everything from the smallest most simple single celled organisms, to the earth, solar systems, galaxies has a path. No I never said God as I know it is a man or anything like a man.

What does "has a path" mean?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-07-2015, 09:21 AM
(16-07-2015 09:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 09:16 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Based on observation. Everything from the smallest most simple single celled organisms, to the earth, solar systems, galaxies has a path. No I never said God as I know it is a man or anything like a man.

What does "has a path" mean?
Observed behavior.
16-07-2015, 09:28 AM
(16-07-2015 08:34 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Your conscience is hardwired into you prior to birth.

At what point? How can you demonstrate this is anything more than an uneducated opinion?

Quote:Everything has a preordained path throughout the Universe.

Meaningless deepity.

Quote:How could all existence be the cause of someone as opposed to something.

That makes no sense, even for you.

Quote:Do you need a reason to know that you personally are incapable of creating a universe? Do you really have to know the very origins of the Universe to understand that it's magnificence is outside of your understanding to some degree? Really, is that your argument?

Back in troll mode, eh?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
16-07-2015, 09:29 AM
(16-07-2015 08:34 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The polyglot atheist

Dude, seriously. Give me some of that shit you're smoking.

You're the one who made stupid-ass assertions about the nature of the universe, and you're being mocked for making them. Either you don't understand this and so you're trying to ask questions in return to people who're just laughing at your hippie-dippie bullshit, or you're a troll. Either way, I took off a point from your rep for using that stupid phrase about unity.

But most importantly, what the fuck does this have to do with this thread, you jackass?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson